mad about the win/expectations/fan vs fan debate (merged)

As someone who isn't the happiest with Butch(certainly not the most upset with him either), I was satisfied with yesterday's win. I thought the offense was called well. The passing stats look ugly but we did just enough in that area to keep opening up holes for Hurd and Kamara. Settling for so many field goals is an issue, but against a defense like Missouri that's not the worst thing in the world. Props to Medley for making 4 of 5 on a really cold night, and the one miss came at a pretty tough angle to hit from. Special teams was all around fantastic again, like it has been pretty much every game under Butch Jones. People make fun of the best staff in america statement a lot here, but that's probably true when it comes to our special teams coaching, it's simply outstanding.

Defense played a fantastic game. Mizzou's offense is garbage but we shut pretty much everything down. Making them go all 4 downs at the goal line was actually a really good job despite the fact that they did get it in on the 4th down, as it wasted another minute and a half/2 minutes off the clock.

We had a successful chew clock drive on one of the best defenses in the country, which was nice to see. Our offensive line wanted to put that game away, and they with the help of solid running by Hurd definitely did that, as when we punted the chances of Mizzou coming back were about as close to 0% as you can get.

It was arguably our most well coached game of the year against a really solid coaching staff on the other side.

A lot of good points and truth in this post sir.

I believe it is time to say goodbye to our wonderful negavols. In all seriousness, you have helped us through a season that for the most part I would love to forget. Whether it was a legendary coach slipping, a new coach leaving on a midnight plane, making fun of the biggest coaching hire mistake of all time in Dooley, or helping us transition to Butch, you were always there. You were there to remind us of what was going wrong, making us laugh at times we really wanted to break something or someone. Honestly, without reading some of your posts, I may have not followed as closely or cared as much. My point is that you brought great value to this forum and all of volnation.
However, we have moved into a different era. Butch has changed things around. Other than a scrappy Arkansas team, we lost barely to three teams that are all fighting for spots in the final four playoff (two of which will most likely make it). Even with all the injuries and final drive collapses this season, we are poised to make a run next year. So, while we will always have loses out in the future, mostly we will be winning and while its hard for you to let go of the good ol' bad times, critiquing how we win just isn't that funny or worth any real value anymore. So, I would like to offer a fond farewell to my negavol brethren. Perhaps there will be another season out in the future where we will need your posts, but here's hoping that it will be awhile.
:clapping::cray:

Right because anyone who doesn't agree with you and trust your assurance that good times are guaranteed to be just around the corner due to a season in which the staff proved that it could beat teams with less talent... save one... and lose (however close) to those with more... MUST be a "negavol". Negavols by extension are bad fans who want Jones and the program to fail... in fact... they're just bad people who MUST live miserable lives because YOU say so.

Sorry but as a fan who loves to Vols but who can also rub a couple of rational thoughts together as well... I am still on the fence. He "met expectations" this year. Nothing more... and that assumes they beat Vandy.

One of the things that many of us can distinguish is that seeing the Vols succeed may or may not be the same as seeing Jones remain as coach. That does not mean we want him to succeed any less than you. We do. Maybe even more. But with better game day coaching, this is a 10-2 team. He still has much to prove before YOUR blind faith is validated.

Reactions: 2 people
Did we lose games we could've won? Yes
Does that mean we have a bad team or staff? No
I picked us to win 8 before the season started. That's what teams like UT does, lose game they could've won and win some they could've lost. It happens every year in college football with teams at the level of rebuild we were at the beginning of the season. At the beginning of the year some on here were mad at me for picking 8 wins. Some got mad at me for legit complaints on the staff.
Now because some fans swallowed all the pre-season media hype they have lost their damned mind and I enjoy laughing at those who have. Sue me

It's fine to disagree. But you never answered my questions. I answered your question.

I didn't swallow any hype. I predicted a 7-5 regular season because I figured Butch was going to Butch. I also did not factor in how woeful the SEC East would be though. So I'm going to miss it by one game. I had us losing to Oklahoma, Arkansas, UGA, Alabama, and Missouri. Missouri turned out to be much worse than anyone could have imagined. I had us beating Florida because I knew that would be the best chance to beat them in many years. And much like last year we blew that one.

UT went into a hostile environment and physically whipped a very physical team in less than desirable weather. Many of you complaining picked UT to lose. Yet you're still complaining. They have a damned fine defense and we kept them on the field and wore them down. It was a very good win for this team.
No matter how much you dislike the coaches, to complain about this game is just idiotic.

AMEN, AMEN, & AMEN to the 50th power....Proud of our guys and coaches.....

Biggest troll on VN. Go back to scratching your chalkboard.
Why?Low? Makes sense.

Lol. Are you 12? That was the weakest burn I think I've ever seen on here.

Enjoy nap time, junior.

I'll give you a gold star and participation trophy for trying so hard.

Edit:

I just saw your name. I'm sorry, Kletus. I typically don't make fun of someone with your condition.

Last edited:
Right because anyone who doesn't agree with you and trust your assurance that good times are guaranteed to be just around the corner due to a season in which the staff proved that it could beat teams with less talent... save one... and lose (however close) to those with more... MUST be a "negavol". Negavols by extension are bad fans who want Jones and the program to fail... in fact... they're just bad people who MUST live miserable lives because YOU say so.

Sorry but as a fan who loves to Vols but who can also rub a couple of rational thoughts together as well... I am still on the fence. He "met expectations" this year. Nothing more... and that assumes they beat Vandy.

One of the things that many of us can distinguish is that seeing the Vols succeed may or may not be the same as seeing Jones remain as coach. That does not mean we want him to succeed any less than you. We do. Maybe even more. But with better game day coaching, this is a 10-2 team. He still has much to prove before YOUR blind faith is validated.

This..

Boom!

Actually he was taking a shot at the Franklin lovers dude...

and by doing so, equaled Vandy expectations to Tennessee expectations.

If Butch did what he's done here at Vandy, it would be up to all the lustful drooling you #fightingbutches give him. However, this is Tennessee. Dude, why am I wasting my time, you don't understand reality.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch is making improvements. I'm typically a sunshine guy. But even i can see the weaknesses as well as the positives. Last night was a great example. In Mizzou's half of the field for 70% of the game and hanging on at the end. To conservative and we hope the defense holds on in the end.

LOL you're happy now aincha Wino I mean Wylo. Your buddy sjt is here to help.

You guys act like I'm the only one that sees how pitiful Jones is in the big games.

The announcers last night mentioned it and showed the graphic numerous times. It's a real thing, sir....

and by doing so, equaled Vandy expectations to Tennessee expectations.

If Butch did what he's done here at Vandy, it would be up to all the lustful drooling you #fightingbutches give him. However, this is Tennessee. Dude, why am I wasting my time, you don't understand reality.

When I read your posts I visualize Yosemite Sam talking and stomping his little feet. Can you start adding "yasa frassin" to your posts from now on? Maybe a few dagnabits?

Butch is making improvements. I'm typically a sunshine guy. But even i can see the weaknesses as well as the positives. Last night was a great example. In Mizzou's half of the field for 70% of the game and hanging on at the end. To conservative and we hope the defense holds on in the end.

"Hanging on at the end"?

Really, Spawn?

Lol. Are you 12? That was the weakest burn I think I've ever seen on here.

Enjoy nap time, junior.

I'll give you a gold star and participation trophy for trying so hard.

Edit:

I just saw your name. I'm sorry, Kletus. I typically don't make fun of someone with your condition.

You do scratch chalkboards though.

You guys act like I'm the only one that sees how pitiful Jones is in the big games.

The announcers last night mentioned it and showed the graphic numerous times. It's a real thing, sir....

I haven't watched it yet on TV. DVR'd it and will tomorrow night.

Is it condesencion or is that an interpretation of my opinion by others who are butt hurt after continually being proven wrong?????

Oklahoma choke
Florida choke
Arkansas choke
Alabama choke

Who's proven wrong again?

Butch folds like a lawn chair in big games.

Next year will be the same.

Florida, A&M, Bama, Georgia will be at least 4 losses. If you worshipers can predict wins, we can predict losses.

Oklahoma choke
Florida choke
Arkansas choke
Alabama choke

Florida, A&M, Bama, Georgia will be at least 4 losses. If you worshipers can predict wins, we can predict losses.

You need a Gatorade break! :mega_shok:

Oklahoma choke
Florida choke
Arkansas choke
Alabama choke

Butch really needs to hit 10-2 next year in the regular season, there's no doubt about that.

The games we blew this year(which I honestly don't count the Alabama game as a blown game..it was a 1 point lead in the 4th quarter against arguably the best team in the country in a game we weren't given a chance in hell against, but the other 3 are certainly blown games/fair arguments) suck, but such is life I guess. Just have to hope Butch grows as a coach after this season and improves.

If it happens, we'll all be happy. If it doesn't, we'll be looking for a new coach around 2018 or so I guess.

Some will be morons regardless of the record.
But to answer your question the record will be better. You know, like this year's record is better than last year's and last year's record was better than the year before? What do they call that? Hmmmmmmmm oh yes that's right, that's called progress.

Who, in your opinion, do we beat next year that has been a loss this season?

When I read your posts I visualize Yosemite Sam talking and stomping his little feet. Can you start adding "yasa frassin" to your posts from now on? Maybe a few dagnabits?

Thanks for proving how worthless you are to this board and how classless you and your fellow #fightingbutches are. Grow up.

Oklahoma choke
Florida choke
Arkansas choke
Alabama choke

There is no way you can prove that at this point and you are just hating on the coach. We get it, you don't like him. Tough luck he's our coach and here for the foreseeable future. Stop referring to fans of the coach in derogatory fashion and some might respect your opinion.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back