Mac McClung

While he may have been just a 3 star recruit, he was one of the most popular and well known recruits in the nation. Between being a small white guy who can dunk like that and his cousin being a famous rapper, he had many viral moments before even getting to Georgetown. He has a lengthy Wikipedia page which is evidence of how well known he’s been.

That being said, as a program we’ve kind of shoehorned ourselves into a certain kind of recruit: a kid that is extremely religious. To a man, every single player on the team is devoutly religious. Outside of basketball, it’s the one joining force on the team. Since Barnes has taken over religion and faith has played a big role in the team. For example Kyle Alexander and Bowden being baptized mid season, and every players social media displaying how important their faith is. It’s not a bad thing, as it’s made for a very mature and high character team, but limits us in the guys we can target to guys who are religious (and it shows in the guys we recruit).

I think McClung likely falls under the category of not “fitting in” with the program
For a bunch of religious fanatics that play ball for CRB, I would say that we have been accredited as one of the strongest basketball programs in the country in the last 3 years. Give me some more of that old-time religion.

Reactions: onevol74
They're saying they can't help themselves from clicking so they want me to stop talking. They can let it go. They don't need to involve me.
I didn't take it as them singling you out, and I didn't even realize you were the one who posted the tweet. My apologies on that. I thought that gif was aimed at the people who kept bringing up Mac and saying UT was crazy for not adding him and going on and on about it.

Again, my apologies.

Reactions: n_huffhines
I didn't take it as them singling you out, and I didn't even realize you were the one who posted the tweet. My apologies on that. I thought that gif was aimed at the people who kept bringing up Mac and saying UT was crazy for not adding him and going on and on about it.

Again, my apologies.

No worries, man

Reactions: AngryButchJones
For a bunch of religious fanatics that play ball for CRB, I would say that we have been accredited as one of the strongest basketball programs in the country in the last 3 years. Give me some more of that old-time religion.

We will pray with Aphrodite,
We will pray with Aphrodite,
She wears that see-through nightie,
And it's good enough for me.
We will pray with Zarathustra,
We'll pray just like we use ta,
I'm a Zarathustra booster,
We will pray with those Egyptians,
Build pyramids to put our crypts in,
Cover subways with inscriptions,
We will pray with those old druids,
They drink fermented fluids,
Waltzing naked though the woo-ids,
We do dances to bring water,
Prepare animals for slaughter,
Sacrifice our sons and daughters,
_ Pete Seeger "Old Time Religion"

Last edited:
Reactions: allen phillips
Damn, I tried to look up his official height. Turns out he didn't even get invited to the combine. He did go to the G League camp and had the fastest 3/4 court sprint since 2001.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Mac McClung will be the first g league player to participate in the NBA dunk contest
The power of Social Media...I'm happy for him. He is gonna stick around and end up having a career....remember when people thought Seth Curry would never be a full-time NBA guy. He's no star but he is a major role player these last few years.

VN Store

Back