'22 MA WR Elic Ayomanor (Stanford commit)

“I think the biggest advantage that they have in that aspect is that it’s SEC football,” he said of the Vols. “I mean, all the Power Five conferences have their name and they’re great, and they bring in media. They bring in talent. But, I mean, at this point it’s pretty much objective that the SEC just has the most football talent. That’s just kind of how it is and kind of how it always will be, just because it’s in the South, and football is really a religion in the South.

“Every week, you’re going to be competing against potentially a first-round draft pick. You have to get better. You have to be good if you want to play in the SEC. The competitive part of you just wants to say, like, ‘Let me go against the best of the best.’

“Not to say other conferences don’t have first-round draft picks, but just the rate in the SEC is so high. It just brings you up, and then you’ll really know if you can play football if you play good in the SEC.”

Ayomanor said the fast-paced offense Tennessee has installed this year under Heupel is among the other reasons he’s high on the Vols.

“What I’ve gained from just watching film on my own and with the coaches is, one of the main things is tempo,” Ayomanor said. “They’re constantly a high-tempo team. I mean, on, like, third-and-5, third-and-6, third-and-7 they’re going to slow it down because those are crucial downs. But mostly, the majority of the time, they’re an uptempo team and they don’t really give time for the defense to recuperate and give time for the defense to get settled in.

“And they throw the ball a ton, and it seems like Coach Heupel doesn’t want to waste time when he wants to score. He wants to air the ball out, get down the field and score.

“If you want to go to the NFL, you need to have statistics. And, if you just look at the statistics of Coach Heupel’s offense, you can just see that even their number-three receiver has crazy stats. And not only that, (but) you just get a lot of targets and a lot of experience catching the ball in games. I think it’s a great offense to be in if you’re a receiver.”
-Callahan

I would go to Stanford. That education is irreplaceable. From a pure football standpoint, Tennessee.. No doubt.
I guess that's why they got Dobbs to tell him the advantage of an education plus football at Tennessee. He obviously is not lacking in anything.

Last edited:
I would go to Stanford. That education is irreplaceable. From a pure football standpoint, Tennessee.. No doubt.
What's the benefit of being a Stanford educated dentist over a Tennessee educated dentist? Other degrees, I could see your point, but dentistry?

What's the benefit of being a Stanford educated dentist over a Tennessee educated dentist? Other degrees, I could see your point, but dentistry?
I always look for that diploma before they mine my choppers. It’s usually the University of Calcutta tho. 🤔

TOP WR TARGET NEARING DECISION
One of Tennessee’s top wide-receiver targets, Elic Ayomanor of Deerfield (Mass.) Academy, appears likely to be the next player to come off the Vols’ board. Tennessee has continued to make him a priority and is one of the top contenders for him, according to multiple sources close to his recruitment. With Ayomanor hoping to make a decision within the next 10 days, Stanford still is believed to be Tennessee’s main competition, and the race appears to be too close to call at this point as he works toward a decision that he plans to make before the start of his senior year.

One of the major variables in his decision might be whether he’s admitted to Stanford. Ayomanor said he had a 4.0 GPA last year at Deerfield Academy, an academically prestigious boarding school, but sources said he has been awaiting a final answer from Stanford’s admissions office. That’s sometimes not a sure thing, even for athletes with strong grades, but there seems to be plenty of optimism that he ultimately will be admitted. If he gets into Stanford, some sources close to his recruitment believe the Cardinal probably should be viewed as the team to beat. But it remains a close race, and Tennessee has made things interesting enough to suggest the Vols have a shot regardless of what happens with Stanford.
-Callahan

VN Store

Back