LVs Volleyball

Lady Vols sweep tonight! GBO!
Another great win for LadyVols volleyball. Morgahn Fingall shined brightly tonight. I know most people on this board are primarily LadyVols basketball fans but it would benefit you to take a look-see at the volleyball team. They are under-appreciated by volnation and deserve our support. They are a dynamic and exciting group of young women who play with great enthusiasm. Plus they have a great coach in Eve Rackham-Watt who was a great player (setter) in her playing days at UNC. She knows her stuff and so do these LadyVols.

Another great win for LadyVols volleyball. Morgahn Fingall shined brightly tonight. I know most people on this board are primarily LadyVols basketball fans but it would benefit you to take a look-see at the volleyball team. They are under-appreciated by volnation and deserve our support. They are a dynamic and exciting group of young women who play with great enthusiasm. Plus they have a great coach in Eve Rackham-Watt who was a great player (setter) in her playing days at UNC. She knows her stuff and so do these LadyVols.
There are several of us who follow all LVs sports including soccer, volleyball, softball to name a few. With all this kneeling and staying in the locker room by the basketball team it is my less favorite. But to each his own. I agree with you though and a lot of these games are on SEC + as well!

Wonder if Morgahn can ball like her sister Nadia!? Could pull double duty for home games haha

Fingall appears to have made strides during the intermission stretch since fall. She has emerged. Also, hats off to Madison Bryant who is effectively filling the libero position vacated by Coulter. Lily Felts......just WOW! Four wins in a row....

Reactions: VolBall09
We could not have gotten off to a better start of the second half of the season! We look like a very polished team with multiple attackers which keeps the defense on its heels wondering from where the attack will come. And we have a setter. A damn good setter. Lily is still doing her thing, Morgahn is a beast awakened, Ava is now healthy and rock-solid in the middle and our Libero was perfect in receptions. Our team hit in the mid 300s. Can't ask for more than that.

So is this for real? Stand by...answers are coming.

Why don't one of you volleyball fans who follow the team closely start a VB game thread? Same for softball.

A softball game thread is very "doable" but Volleyball is problematic in that the action moves so fast that by the time you type out a comment about a play three more plays have happened and nobody would have much of an idea of which play you were talking about. Or that's how it seems to me.

I've often thought it was a shame that there couldn't be softball game threads over in the Dugout but that crew would have a cow if you tried to start one over there. Trust me on this, I'm also a big baseball fan and post often in game threads for baseball.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
A game thread does provide a forum for fans to banter with no need to follow play by play. The interesting talk is before and after the game anyway,

A softball game thread is very "doable" but Volleyball is problematic in that the action moves so fast that by the time you type out a comment about a play three more plays have happened and nobody would have much of an idea of which play you were talking about. Or that's how it seems to me.

I've often thought it was a shame that there couldn't be softball game threads over in the Dugout but that crew would have a cow if you tried to start one over there. Trust me on this, I'm also a big baseball fan and post often in game threads for baseball.
Wondered where you were Strange!! Soccer win again so everything LVs is good except the kneelers in the locker room.

Sorry, I've sorta disappeared but a combination of factors have served to take me off my game a bit. I just haven't had the mental energy to be as deeply involved in Soccer and Volleyball this weird-assed season. Somehow, it just doesn't feel right. I'll get over it eventually I hope but at the present, I'm running (mentally) at about half speed.

Reactions: sccshortstop
I've posted this before, but thanks to all of you who post timely coverage of non BB, SB Lady Vol sports. There really are many of us out in the coverage hinterlands who enjoy being able to follow these young ladies.

Volleyballers got spanked in straight sets today (Thursday) by Florida, a clearly superior team. Kentucky and Florida seem to be the top two teams and the SEC and in the gator's case, it's mostly due to a LOT of height. It's hard to hit over a blocked whose armpits are even with the top of the net. Maybe we'll do better tomorrow.

Volleyballers got spanked in straight sets today (Thursday) by Florida, a clearly superior team. Kentucky and Florida seem to be the top two teams and the SEC and in the gator's case, it's mostly due to a LOT of height. It's hard to hit over a blocked whose armpits are even with the top of the net. Maybe we'll do better tomorrow.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Yep spanked like a red headed stepchild! Led in each set about middle ways and floundered. Did not look sharp at any time. I watched Flo do the same to LSU earlier! Move over to softball and see it we can win again!

Terrible way to lose the second set. Tennessee isn't bad at volleyball this year by any means, but they're undeniably outclassed by the likes of Florida and Kentucky.

Our girls played their guts out again today...there's no quit in them and you gotta LOVE that! We aren't on par with Florida or Kentucky this season but we are drawing closer and closer and in another year or two we'll be among the top 2-3 teams in the SEC. We just need a bit more size and to cut down on a few attack errors here and there and we'll be darn good. :)

Our girls played their guts out again today...there's no quit in them and you gotta LOVE that! We aren't on par with Florida or Kentucky this season but we are drawing closer and closer and in another year or two we'll be among the top 2-3 teams in the SEC. We just need a bit more size and to cut down on a few attack errors here and there and we'll be darn good. :)
Watched the replay and we should have won set 1. When you get a chance you have to produce. once they lost that set Florida saw blood in the water and played pretty darn well. LVs one or two players short talent wise from Ky and Florida. Now move right on to baseball!

Watched the replay and we should have won set 1. When you get a chance you have to produce. once they lost that set Florida saw blood in the water and played pretty darn well. LVs one or two players short talent wise from Ky and Florida. Now move right on to baseball!
Set two was down to an unforced error on set point for the good gals. They played competitively with the no. 8 team.

VN Store

Back