LV Softball

Spook1

Ancient Vol
The team this year was almost totally lacking in hitters. With the exception of our senior pitcher, we were lacking in pitching as well. Things are not going to get better until we make substantial progress in hitters and pitchers. The games Sunday was a total embarassment.

The team this year was almost totally lacking in hitters. With the exception of our senior pitcher, we were lacking in pitching as well. Things are not going to get better until we make substantial progress in hitters and pitchers. The games Sunday was a total embarassment.

I'm calling for a coaching change. It has gone stale here.

New hitting coach was highly praised and heralded at the start of the season. He failed miserably.

Amanda Aliyah has been my favorite player since she got on campus ! This is because of her physical presence (beautiful) (athletic looking) ….. not because I know anything about softball ! I think Amanda and other fifth year players actually paid out of their own pockets this year of college schooling and not on scholarship? They hired a new batting coach !

I think this is Amanda’s worst year of hitting…..
I don’t know the statistics but someone in the know about this sport could explain it to us ? 🤷‍♂️

I will miss watching her bat next year ! If you can understand an old man’s point of view ! Just Saying

crazy talk

crazy talk

Yep, I think EE stepped up big time and gave us a second, very good pitcher. Certainly pitched well enough to win on Sunday and most days that she pitched.

And Milloy was excellent this season in the field and at the plate. But, outside of her, our hitting was spotty and inconsistent at best. At its worst, it was nonexistent at the most important moments.

I don’t know how we evaluate recruits at hitting, but this is a problem that goes back many, many years.(But, as an aside, we should note that Alabama had very similar issues with their team this year…so it isn’t some easy thing to do.).

I am FOREVER GRATEFUL to the Weekly's for what they have done for LV softball! Let me get that out of the way....
Heck, name a street after them. They have earned it!

Now,

It is time for change. Starting to remind me of the end of Pat's run. Time caught up with her then, the game changed, she did not, and things started on a downhill slide. It happens. I think its time to find a young fresh up and coming coach who can recruit. Recruit being the 1st thing I'd look for in a new coach. Amazing how talent makes you look like a world's best coach.

Again, just my opinion.

New hitting coach was highly praised and heralded at the start of the season. He failed miserably.

Overall batting average has to improve, but the team did hit more home runs and doubles than all but one team in Tennessee history. On base percentage was the highest it’s been since the slapper era went away in the early 2010s. Certainly there are improvements to make from a consistency standpoint, but the numbers do not in any way suggest he “failed miserably.“

Overall batting average has to improve, but the team did hit more home runs and doubles than all but one team in Tennessee history. On base percentage was the highest it’s been since the slapper era went away in the early 2010s. Certainly there are improvements to make from a consistency standpoint, but the numbers do not in any way suggest he “failed miserably.“

2E1E4E12-6C97-4276-BA5E-20468ED5078A.png

We need to explore hiring the ex A&M coach as an assistant.

Build a strong staff with pipeline into Texas travel ball system

I think the entire game has passed her by from what I hear. She didn’t recruit that great at A&M so the results seem to verify it.

I think our program needs to go younger…and not older…but all just my opinion.

Reactions: Lurker
I think the entire game has passed her by from what I hear. She didn’t recruit that great at A&M so the results seem to verify it.

I think our program needs to go younger…and not older…but all just my opinion.

I did say "explore" thinking of perhaps a wat to get 2-3 more solid years from Karen.

Saban opened my eyes to that approach. Grab them for your staff when they are undervalued.

I did say "explore" thinking of perhaps a wat to get 2-3 more solid years from Karen.

Saban opened my eyes to that approach. Grab them for your staff when they are undervalued.

I’d just rather get younger than older. But, it is a fair discussion to have. Something needs to be done.

I’d just rather get younger than older. But, it is a fair discussion to have. Something needs to be done.

Yes! I have no idea if she is a good match, but I agree that we need to provide assistance somehow...with recruiting, instruction, analysis, something.

When we hired Coach Barnes after his long run at Texas, I thought he was too old. Turns out, I was wrong. But, he did hire outstanding assistants and recruiters.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
I am FOREVER GRATEFUL to the Weekly's for what they have done for LV softball! Let me get that out of the way....
Heck, name a street after them. They have earned it!

Now,

It is time for change. Starting to remind me of the end of Pat's run. Time caught up with her then, the game changed, she did not, and things started on a downhill slide. It happens. I think its time to find a young fresh up and coming coach who can recruit. Recruit being the 1st thing I'd look for in a new coach. Amazing how talent makes you look like a world's best coach.

Again, just my opinion.
Is Patty too fat and happy? Or maybe looking for a new challenge???

Hitting was at best average. RISP and 2 out hitting are the difference in good hitting teams and great hitting teams, just like 1 run homers are fine but multi run homers win games. But for UT the pitching hasn't been there in a long time and the team as a whole either peaks too early or never

VN Store

Back