LV Softball Texas A&M

Definitely will cause some problems for all will be interesting to watch and see what really happens with this. I expect at least a third maybe half of seniors will decide to move one. If teams already have huge recruiting classes they choices will have to be made. I don't see the NCAA raising scholarship limits they will probably leave it all to the schools to pick and choose who stays or goes.
If they do this they will have to make some temporary adjustments. The problem in softball is the money to be spread around. I bet they raise that or cover the seniors coming back. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out. This is the NCAA so it will be harder than it needs to be.

Definitely will cause some problems for all will be interesting to watch and see what really happens with this. I expect at least a third maybe half of seniors will decide to move one. If teams already have huge recruiting classes they choices will have to be made. I don't see the NCAA raising scholarship limits they will probably leave it all to the schools to pick and choose who stays or goes.

Nothing is official, but the initial "guidance" that schools are hearing is that current athletes will not count against the scholarship number during their fifth years of competition, but cannot receive more aid as a fifth year than they receive as a fourth-year (currently senior) student-athlete.

Remember, this is bigger than just the current seniors, all athletes on 2020 spring sport rosters are getting this year back, which changes recruiting, offers and rosters for the next four years. It's possible that the scholarship adjustment is only for next year. It's even more likely that expanded roster size is only for next year. But there will DEFINITELY be adjustments in scholarship numbers and squad sizes for spring sports next year.

VN Store

Back