LV Softball Texas A&M

Well they are beginning to talk about cancelling all spring sports. Wonder if that happens if they would allow redshirts for the year etc.. It will be interesting and sad from a sports perspective to see it play out.

I'm just sitting over here waiting to see whose gonna stir the pot with that ESPN article about Arnold at Florida State? lol

I'm just sitting over here waiting to see whose gonna stir the pot with that ESPN article about Arnold at Florida State? lol
Well I'll throw in my two cents. Good for her, I hope she is happy. The two things in the article: calling your own pitches is all well and good til you change the pitch and give up the big homer or hit. Are you willing to take the heat for that? Second is something I have always wondered about is that she has developed a drop ball in a short time. Our pitchers seem to come and leave with the pitches they come with. How we do not teach mature, intelligent, skilled athletes new pitches to add to their arsenal is something I have wondered about for a long time. There is my two cents on the article.

Reactions: lvfan
Well I'll throw in my two cents. Good for her, I hope she is happy. The two things in the article: calling your own pitches is all well and good til you change the pitch and give up the big homer or hit. Are you willing to take the heat for that? Second is something I have always wondered about is that she has developed a drop ball in a short time. Our pitchers seem to come and leave with the pitches they come with. How we do not teach mature, intelligent, skilled athletes new pitches to add to their arsenal is something I have wondered about for a long time. There is my two cents on the article.

Very measured responses for an internet forum. lol Job well done.

Reactions: kregman
We may not have any softball, baseball, or any sports until this virus becomes under control. SEC Men's tourney cancelled and I would expect we might not see a NCAA women's or men's unless it is played to an empty house.

Last edited:
I just saw on SECNW that the SEC has postponed play in all sports until further notice. Don't know what this will do to the BB/SB seasons. Not looking good.

It is early in this but seems like everyone could have the year back. Would be nice to have a whole year of Ashley no?

Eligibility and availability of scholarships are 2 separate things! Rogers would have her year back anyway since she had not participated in any contest.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
The seniors can come back if they desire so Seggern, Holcomb, Hannon and others will be eligible to play next season if they so desire.

The seniors can come back if they desire so Seggern, Holcomb, Hannon and others will be eligible to play next season if they so desire.

Interesting to see how this will all work? With everyone getting an extra year of eligibility it will cause a log jam of roster spots the next 4 years. The NCAA will have to raise the scholarship limits. The transfer portal will see a lot of activity I suspect
Uncharted territory to come.

Eligibility and availability of scholarships are 2 separate things! Rogers would have her year back anyway since she had not participated in any contest.
If the season had played out we would have played a lot games without her and there would have been no redshirt unless she had never played.

Interesting to see how this will all work? With everyone getting an extra year of eligibility it will cause a log jam of roster spots the next 4 years. The NCAA will have to raise the scholarship limits. The transfer portal will see a lot of activity I suspect
I agree the transfer portal will be the wild west if there is not some limitations; some seniors will be ready to move on with job offers etc.. Some will be asked to move on too.

Definitely will cause some problems for all will be interesting to watch and see what really happens with this. I expect at least a third maybe half of seniors will decide to move one. If teams already have huge recruiting classes they choices will have to be made. I don't see the NCAA raising scholarship limits they will probably leave it all to the schools to pick and choose who stays or goes.

VN Store

Back