LV fans..."PLEASE RETURN" to Thompson-Boling Arena

The players need our support...they came to UT to play for us...I don't think any of us said to the players when they chose to play for UT "Even if you fight hard on the court and still lose, we will STOP supporting you"...THAT'S NOT WHAT LV FANS DO........the players are still fighting for wins on the court and we need to be there for them... A lot us us are really disappointed with the direction of the program and the past few weeks of ballgames hasn't helped, but the players are still there out playing us and we need to be there for them...[I'm not trying to make an excuse] but I leave in West Tn and work 50+ hour weeks, so it's hard for me to get to Knoxville, but I watch live or tape every game and watch them that night, no matter how late at night it is [in my mind, I feel it helps].........Our young team doesn't seem to bothered by a "less than half filled" arena, but I can't help but wonder, if we were 75-80% filled, that may be enough to turn those close DEFEATS to WINS...may even rub over to close road wins...........So many young people today, will "give up the fight" instead of trying to battle [I'm not seeing any quit in this team]............young people are also still very impressionable, so let's let them know "As long as they keep fighting, we will be supportive in their corner" [despite our OTHER reservations"...GO LVFL 🍊🤘

Great idea! Since you don't have time to go to the games just purchase the tickets, send to me and I will attend for you!

Staying away is a "silent protest" that the UTAD has shown a willingness to ignore. Here is how European soccer fans do it when they want to demand a management change. They may pick some games to boycott, leaving lots of empty stadium seats. But, in other games, they may pick a time (example: 20 minutes in the first half) to stage a mass walk-out or turn their backs to the playing in mass. Another tactic is the tried and true use of signs (lots of signs) expressing their displeasure. The strategic use of booing is another tactic.

It is easy for people who would not come to the games anyway, to type and type that not attending is the best way to force a change. No, that is the lazy (and cheap) way to let things sputter on until the decision makers get their hands forced by some other factor. Showing up and making sign of protest, that gets folks attention.

Great. Let's follow the example of soccer fans. Only time things get interesting to watch there is if something bad or tragic happens that makes it the lead story at six. But go ahead,knock yourselves out. They still won't fire her.

CJ, the only way we will any kind of a run is if you show up wearing shorts shorts and cheap panty hose.

I disagree TNn and I will tell you why
The girls have had time to sort this out
they know what is at stake every moment they are in a game...
in fact they had seemingly become "oblivious and numb" to underachieving

I will challenge them...The right words
I can't sit back and say I am a coach,,,and not coach in any way I can

I disagree TNn and I will tell you why
The girls have had time to sort this out
they know what is at stake every moment they are in a game...
in fact they had seemingly become "oblivious and numb" to underachieving

I will challenge them...The right words
I can't sit back and say I am a coach,,,and not coach in any way I can

But you ain't coaching them. If you were, I might give them a snowball's chance in Hell.

Edit: But if you are coaching them, maybe you need to spend less time on here with us morons, and more time teaching them basic fundamentals.

Last edited:
I didn’t attend UT therefore I couldn’t have played there. I lived in Tennessee throughout my college years and for many years thereafter. There was never a bigger Tennessee LV fan that me. Heck, I’m still a LV fan though my heart belongs to another team these days, and, I must say, it pains me to see what has happened to the greatest women’s program in the history of women’s basketball. It also pains me to see the hate and nastiness the great LV fan base spews all over this message board. Yes, I agree, it’s time for Holly to go but how does it help those kids on the team prepare for upcoming games when they read these hateful posts. Tennessee will let Holly retire ( fire her) I feel sure. For all of you reading and posting on here, can you please be positive for the next couple of weeks and pray for the kids on the LV team to play as good as they possibly can during the NCAA tourney. I’m positive that is what Pat would ask you to do!!

But you ain't coaching them. If you were, I might give them a snowball's chance in Hell.
I said it before and I will let "Lloyd" say it again...

There is
a chance
If I can aggravate, inspire or somehow motivate from this vantage point, I will
I if can't
I will have tried

I said it before and I will let "Lloyd" say it again...

There is
a chance
If I can aggravate, inspire or somehow motivate from this vantage point, I will
I if can't
I will have tried

Well, nice try, Doubt any of them will read it, but nice try.

Edit: But if you are coaching them, maybe you need to spend less time on here with us morons, and more time teaching them basic fundamentals.

Gotta start somewhere

VN Store

Back