LV 2020 Recruiting Thread

On paper kk and key will probably be ranked about even and Sanders probably lower, but as we have seen, the ranking means little without great coaching.

KK was a McD and Jordan Brand AA. I don't think Keys is projected to make either team.

KK was a McD and Jordan Brand AA. I don't think Keys is projected to make either team.
This is true, but the HS allstar teams are subjective to the yearly talent level of the position... Year: Player: Post rank: Class rank: 2017 KK. #5. #57. 2018 Amira. #8. #49. 2019 Key. #9. #46... KK & Amira were All Americans, but they both had fewer post players ranked in front of them...Key has more post players ranked in front her, but her overall CLASS rank is higher than KK & Amira at #46...this shows Key is in a stronger class of post players and could potentially be better than KK & Amira...either way, it will be a win-win for the LVs...👍😁

Last edited:
Reactions: djtee
This is true, but the HS allstar teams are subjective to the yearly talent level of the position... Year: Player: Post rank: Class rank: 2017 KK. #5. #57. 2018 Amira. #8. #49. 2019 Key. #9. #46 KK & Amira were All Americans, but they both had fewer post players ranked in front of them...Key has more post players ranked in front her, but her overall CLASS rank is higher than KK & Amira at #46...this shows Key is in a stronger class of post players and could potentially be better than KK & Amira...either way, it will be a win-win for the LVs...👍😁

I think the difference is that Hoopgurlz had Amira and Kasi ranked quite low, but other sites like Prospect Nation had them in their top 10 (ahead of some of the post players that were top 20 in Hoopgurlz). Tamari is #50 in Prospect Nation, so I'm not sure that she'll be an immediate contributor next year.

So I’m terms of our incoming Freshmen post how do you rank em compared to KK?

Emily Saunders 6-5 has put up good numbers this year plus she has extended her range now can hit the 3. Tamari Key 6-5 6-6 her mom said 6-6 but anyway she will need to get stronger i`m sure she will over the summer, A tremendous shot blockers always on the glass offense and defense rebounding. As for KK it will be her job as long as she is healthy and in shape. I look for Emily to play more at the 4. Key will backup KK at the 5.

Reactions: Amb3096
Natasha Mack would be a recruit for this current class--2019.
Lady Vols 2020 Recruits Thanks PRG & VA_VoL

ProspectNation: 2020 Players | Prospects Nation

ESPN: 2020 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - Super 60 - ESPN

Sarah Andrews | Prospects Nation #4 (PN) Sarah Andrews 5'7" pg. from TX. (Offer) (ZAAY FRIEND?) sarah-andrews
Angel Reese | Prospects Nation (PN) Angel Reese 6'3" W from MD. (Rogers Friend ?) angel-reese
Sydney Parrish | Prospects Nation (HG) Sydney Parrish 6' G. from IN. ( 3 Unofficial visits) sydney-parrish
Sasha Goforth | Prospects Nation (PN) Sasha Goforth 6' G from AR. sasha-goforth
Treasure Hunt | Prospects Nation 12 (PN) Treasure Hunt 6' G/W from TN. (OFFER) treasure-hunt
Maddie Scherr | Prospects Nation 25 (PN) Maddie Scherr 5'11" G from KY. maddie-scherr
Elauna Eaton | Prospects Nation 33 (PN) Elauna Eaton 6' G from AR. (OFFER)
Madison Hayes | Prospects Nation 50 (HG) Madison Hayes 5'10" G from TN. madison-hayes
Hannah Gusters | Prospects Nation (HG) Hannah Gusters 6'4 P from TX hannah-gusters
Kamilla Cardosa | Prospects Nation (HG) Kamilla Cardosa 6'6" P from TN kamilla-cardosa

Added: 11-14 Hangtyme 24:

http://prospectsnation.com/player/deja-kellyDeja Deja Kelly RK #50 5'8" G from TX Ranked #22 deja-kelly

Added: 11-21 PRG:

Shelby Calhoun | Prospects Nation PN #46 . Shelby Calhoun 5’10” G from Kentucky.HG #29 . shelby-calhoun

No Longer Interested:

Removed: MTSURaiders06 12/3

Natasha Mack Natasha Mack 6'4" #1 Juco Player

2020 is not as deep as 2019 and 2021.. Solid players but overall ahhh!

Parrish and Angel Reese were just on an unofficial visit.... The 3rd. for Parrish !

Ranking are most positive as of today...... !

Scatch all above, none are coming to this cluster duck. I see at least two Fresmen and maybe one Sophomore transfering out of this mess.

The only thing I would say about the two freshmen post players at this time is that they have the height and length you want at that position. Right now just on what I've seen in their senior seasons I would think Saunders has the most upside to play early. She seems to be on a program of development upper body strength and expanding her game with the perimeter shot more than Key. Key has come on in her play lately after a slow start. Hopefully she will get on a strength and skills building program as soon as the season is over. She should be looking to expand her game with perimeter shots like Saunders right now.

The only thing I would say about the two freshmen post players at this time is that they have the height and length you want at that position. Right now just on what I've seen in their senior seasons I would think Saunders has the most upside to play early. She seems to be on a program of development upper body strength and expanding her game with the perimeter shot more than Key. Key has come on in her play lately after a slow start. Hopefully she will get on a strength and skills building program as soon as the season is over. She should be looking to expand her game with perimeter shots like Saunders right now.

Key can hit that 15 foot shot. But her game is around the rim and remember she missed 6 games in a row this year because of a sore foot.

If she's that great, I hope she decides to go to a program that will actually help her become even greater! Tenn. ain't it. If she wants to stagnant and not learn, then yeah, sign with the Lady Vols under Warlick.

LMAO ! ouch

I will be going to vist family in MD on vacation looking forward to watching watch two good basketball teams Riverdale Baptist vs New Hope Academy this month my cousin said to me pg jada walker of New Hope Academy is a lot of fun to watch she can flat out play. The she in the class of 2021
Lady Vols ?

Tamari Key 20 points and 13 rebounds in her last game. Emily Saunders had 10 blocks in their last win. For the season key 14.8 ppg and 7.5 rpg, Saunders 14.5 ppg 7.1 rpg both are averaging close to 4 blocks per game and both are shooting over 60 percent from the field. Both need to work on their free throw shooting. Key 58 percent from the free throw line, Saunders 64 percent.

Tamari Key 20 points and 13 rebounds in her last game. Emily Saunders had 10 blocks in their last win. For the season key 14.8 ppg and 7.5 rpg, Saunders 14.5 ppg 7.1 rpg both are averaging close to 4 blocks per game and both are shooting over 60 percent from the field. Both need to work on their free throw shooting. Key 58 percent from the free throw line, Saunders 64 percent.

Awesome! Thanks for the update. Let’s hope they can do some of that next year for us! And stay injury free.

This crazy Warriors ground Eagles whoever this player is Jazz Blankenship she scored 29 points she was the offense the box scoring unreal Saunders only 2 points

Reactions: cjon4442

Look down further in the article and you will see an article about Treasure Hunt! Looks like she is a better lean towards UT than Cardosa? JMO. If the write ups are true??? Cardosa is approaching 6’8” !!! We should be all over these two ladies..... And they would be reunited with Jaz from their high school days!

We have the Tamari Key on the way next year but I would love to have her little sister Teonni (6'3 Soph with a nice handle). I think she is special.

The thing about Teonni is she is playing GUARD..... Let that sink in ..... 6’3” GUARD and still growing !!!!!! Could this be another (Candice) dunking on UCONN? Just Saying 🤔

The thing about Teonni is she is playing GUARD..... Let that sink in ..... 6’3” GUARD and still growing !!!!!! Could this be another (Candice) dunking on UCONN? Just Saying 🤔

Looks like the 2020 class has a lot of good players Teonni will be on the 2021 McDonald's All American Roster she is that good. Not sure but is Treasure Hunt a Wing or Shooting Guard ?

Reactions: cjon4442 and PRG
Looks like the 2020 class has a lot of good players Teonni will be on the 2021 McDonald's All American Roster she is that good. Not sure but is Treasure Hunt a Wing or Shooting Guard ?

Treasure is not a point guard ..... But can play 2 or 3 . I have started seeing some reports of her being 6’ to 6’1”..... the last two years she has been listed by most at 5’11”?

The other thing about her stature other than height is her body type. She is a solid athlete who can stand being hit or fouled and still get her shot off. This is one of Rennia’s problems, she is not strong enough for inside banging around. This is why she cannot score around the goal unless she is not guarded! JMO

Jaz Masengale was the point the last two years..... I don’t know about this year?

Reactions: cjon4442

VN Store

Back