LV 2019 Recruiting Thread

I wish her "what ever she wishes hersel." I am just proud of lady vols fans because you don't see them being evil and insulting other programs the ways they're to lady vols.

There will be plenty of PT. Dawn typically plays 2 pg backcourt. During the exhibition, she had 3 on court playing together.

Not sure if dawn wants to field a Starting 5 of all PG's but i foresee more PG's coming in most all pass first. What formidable post player do they have coming next season ? Maybe Boston ? Would Amihere play the 5 ? Getting both of those players could be big for Dawn's legacy at So.Car

So with Harris , Henderson , Cooper amd now Cooke PT will be at a minimum til after next season.
Thats a Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior in front of her! Maybe Dawn talked her into playing with two Point guards? Good Luck
I guess all of this wanting to play with each other is a joke? We will see if Jackson comes?

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Thats a Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior in front of her! Maybe Dawn talked her into playing with two Point guards? Good Luck
I guess all of this wanting to play with each other is a joke? We will see if Jackson comes?
I believe Jackson has narrowed her choices to 3 and we are not on the list

Wonder what dawn's WNBA sendoff % is ? I know of Aja Wilson & Tiffany mitchell . Any other's make it and stick ? I wonder if kids consider that when looking at So.Car and not just the Team USA perk ? Not a shot at dawn just a curious fact to consider if i were in the recruiting process . I dont see Ty Harris making a WNBA squad neither . She's like a poor mans Lindsay Allen of ND and you see where she is in the W at the moment !

I think Jackson is headed to Rutgers , she would be behind Bionca Jackson & i cant remember who else on So.Car . Especially if they are going 2 PG's that means Bionca Jackson would be SF . If they plan on Rickea playing the 4 then it could possibly happen , but i dont see it being successful unless Amihere or Boston join them

oh well didn't want her anyway :)

she looked pissed about the balloons lol
So if she would have chose us, would you still not have wanted her?!?!

Like another poster said, let’s not turn into UCONN here, where they salivate over a recruit, but the moment they commit elsewhere, it’s
- We didn’t want her anyways
- She wasn’t UCONN material
- Why would she go elsewhere, Geno created basketball so why not choose UCONN

*insert eye roll**

😂

So if she would have chose us, would you still not have wanted her?!?!

Like another poster said, let’s not turn into UCONN here, where they salivate over a recruit, but the moment they commit elsewhere, it’s
- We didn’t want her anyways
- She wasn’t UCONN material
- Why would she go elsewhere, Geno created basketball so why not choose UCONN

*insert eye roll**

😂

I like ur post. I'm not into insulting any program.

Not sure if dawn wants to field a Starting 5 of all PG's but i foresee more PG's coming in most all pass first. What formidable post player do they have coming next season ? Maybe Boston ? Would Amihere play the 5 ? Getting both of those players could be big for Dawn's legacy at So.Car

Gamecocks are going to play positionless basketball. Dawn is going back to the way the team played before the Alaina Coates and A’ja Wilson years when the team was run through the guards and the posts she had were literally 6’0 tall. Those teams played fast and scrappy, pressing defense, which is what was on display Friday during their exhibition. You are going to be surprised if you believe Destanni, Te’a, and Zia are going to be only pass first. Even Tyasha is expecting herself to take on more scoring.

Amihere is a good bet for SC. Boston is unlikely. Jackson is very versatile and at 6’2 would no doubt see time at the 4 if she joins her close friend Zia.

Lastly Beal is also a good bet to commit to SC. Dawn has already hinted on Twitter the last couple weeks that she has a couple silent verbals. Looks like Zia was one of them. Beal or Amihere could be the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: SCspur
Gamecocks are going to play positionless basketball. Dawn is going back to the way the team played before the Alaina Coates and A’ja Wilson year’s when the team was run through the guards and the posts she had were literally 6’0 tall. Those teams played fast and scrappy, pressing defense, which is what was on display Friday during their exhibition. You are going to be surprised if you believe Destanni, Te’a, and Zia are going to be only pass first. Even Tyasha is expecting herself to take on more scoring.

Amihere is a good bet for SC. Boston is unlikely. Jackson is very versatile and at 6’2 would no doubt see time at the 4 if she joins her close friend Zia.

They were positionless before Aja ? how did that work out ? I cant even remember SoCar without Aja sorry lol

As opposed to sharing a backcourt with Evina Westbrook and Jordan Horston, with Massengill and Zaay Green backing them up?

I thought there was zero chance Cooke would come to Tennessee because they are loaded at PG. Frankly, I can't see why Rogers would be interested either. She would only serve as insurance should one of the four aforementioned players got injured. And I'm sure she knows this

Tennessee is in a nice position rosterwise where they should have a solid 12 player rotation if they choose to. They don't need anyone else in this class, especially if they are going for JUCOs. It probably makes more sense to shop for PG, a post and wings in the 2020 class.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
As opposed to sharing a backcourt with Evina Westbrook and Jordan Horston, with Massengill and Zaay Green backing them up?

I thought there was zero chance Cooke would come to Tennessee because they are loaded at PG. Frankly, I can't see why Rogers would be interested either. She would only serve as insurance should one of the four aforementioned players got injured. And I'm sure she knows this

Tennessee is in a nice position rosterwise where they should have a solid 12 player rotation if they choose to. They don't need anyone else in this class, especially if they are going for JUCOs. It probably makes more sense to shop for PG, a post and wings in the 2020 class.

We need post players . Now that you mapped it out we should be fine at guard for a few years to come . Rennia possibly leaving this year and with the posts we have we DEFINITELY need a post PLAYMAKER . Not just any ole Big body to bang and rebound.

We need post players . Now that you mapped it out we should be fine at guard for a few years to come . Rennia possibly leaving this year and with the posts we have we DEFINITELY need a post PLAYMAKER . Not just any ole Big body to bang and rebound.

Key joining Kushkitua in the post should take care of next season. If one of them gets hurt, you could do worse than Kamara Harris. At least she's got some size. If not, Brown could provide coverage as well. Spacing it out would be a plus for trying to reel in Cardoso in 2020.

Why would Rennia leave this year? The only way that happens is if this season is a complete dumpster fire, at which point they'd have even bigger problems to address.

Wonder what dawn's WNBA sendoff % is ? I know of Aja Wilson & Tiffany mitchell . Any other's make it and stick ? I wonder if kids consider that when looking at So.Car and not just the Team USA perk ? Not a shot at dawn just a curious fact to consider if i were in the recruiting process . I dont see Ty Harris making a WNBA squad neither . She's like a poor mans Lindsay Allen of ND and you see where she is in the W at the moment !
- Candice Dupree is a Staley disciple from her days coaching Temple. Dupree is a 6X WNBA all-star. Currently plays for the Fever.
- Tiffany Mitchell was rated in the mid forties coming out of HS. Was a 2X SEC POY and was drafted #9 by the Fever in 2016.
- Alaina Coates was rated #28 by ESPN coming out of HS, (same year Mercedes Russell was #1), drafted #2 overall in 2017 by the Sky.
- Kaela Davis drafted #10 in 2017 by the Wings.
- Allisha Gray drafted #4, also in 2017 by the Wings. Went on to become 2017 WNBA ROY.
- A’ja Wilson - 2018 #1 overall pick to the Aces. Went on to become an All-Star and 2018 WNBA ROY.

Last edited:
- Candice Dupree is a Staley disciple from her days coaching Temple. Dupree is a 6X WNBA all-star. Currently plays for the Fever.
- Tiffany Mitchell was rated in the mid forties coming out of HS. Was a 2X SEC POY and was drafted #9 by the Fever in 2016.
- Alaina Coates was rated #28 by ESPN coming out of HS, (same year Mercedes Russell was #1), drafted #2 overall in 2017 by the Sky.
- Kaela Davis drafted #10 in 2017 by the Wings.
- Allisha Gray drafted #4, also in 2017 by the Wings. Went on to become 2017 WNBA ROY.
- A’ja Wilson - 2018 #1 overall pick to the Aces. Went on to become 2018 WNBA ROY.

Awe geez your so correct i do apologize , Allisha Gray & Kaela davis would they really count ? They started their careers elsewhere and were always for sure WNBA prospects before SoCar so i dont consider that developing into WNBA Talent as you saw both left after 1 year under Staley . Coates Yes ,Aja Yes , Mitchell Yes . 2 of the 3 being bare minimum contributors to their team .

Key joining Kushkitua in the post should take care of next season. If one of them gets hurt, you could do worse than Kamara Harris. At least she's got some size. If not, Brown could provide coverage as well. Spacing it out would be a plus for trying to reel in Cardoso in 2020.

Why would Rennia leave this year? The only way that happens is if this season is a complete dumpster fire, at which point they'd have even bigger problems to address.

Rennia is elgible to enter the draft after this season and alot of signs from what ive been reading and hearing says she will go pro if possible. Id hope she stays though and develope one more year . Possibly upping her stock for next years draft as she would clearly be a higher choice if she waited another year.

Lets go Rogers! I think we get Rogers.
I really hope we get Rogers...we need her more than we know...it well also sure us up for at least the next two years...defensive minded & SUPER QUICK!!...would be icing on the cake for this class...go LVFL ✌🤟

VN Store

Back