Luke Fickell (merged)

If its Luke Fickell, Im going to need a bunch of George Dickel....

Jk, wouldn't be upset with that hire, like it more than Elliott.

Reactions: volfan8
He was in my top 3, I would be happy with this hire. I am also tickled about the number of people with "sources". I have no idea if any of these sources are real or if this information is correct but I do enjoy the speculation.

LOL .. wouldnt want him anyway .. He blew the bowl game with Georgia .. Cincinnatti on thier last drive snapped the ball with 10 secs left on 2nd and 3rd downs and they even tried a pass on 3rd down with Ga out of timeouts ... they could have ran off another 40 secs off clock ..and get this Ga kicked the winning field goal with 7 seconds left .. we have has enough of that stuff .. HC responsible for all that ... Cincy had game in bag but Fickel blew it !!!!!!
I bet you would take leading Georgia with 7 secs left.

Dude there’s too much smoke around Campbell at this point. Never in a million years would I have thought Tennessee could land him but it sounds like that’s our guy

Shoulda been our guy 3 years ago...and should be our guy now! I hope you are right.

If this UT administration were to pull off White and Campbell, especially considering the current circumstances, then this is not the same old UT.

Multiple radio and podcasters have said he’s “realistic”. Brian Rice being one of them this morning. That’s like bottom of the 9th grand slam, curry dropping a three to win game 7. I don’t see it but there are a lot of rumblings.
No one in the media has any idea what's going on

Fickell is an Ohio guy and is very family oriented. Two things are concerning, Ohio State and the Bengals. Ryan Day will be in the NFL and the Bengals ownership thinks very highly of him. There is a good chance of those jobs being available soon and I could see him at either one. Eventually he will go home.

Multiple radio and podcasters have said he’s “realistic”. Brian Rice being one of them this morning. That’s like bottom of the 9th grand slam, curry dropping a three to win game 7. I don’t see it but there are a lot of rumblings.

Thanks a lot you’ve ruined my day......now Campbell off the table

Im not sure Fickell would ever be able to compete with the floridas georgias and Alabama's in our conference. Hell not sure even the Kentuckys or vandys. Probably great guy and all that. But the sec is different from the conference hes in. How would he recruit down here? Could he out recruit the others? He might be who we end up with but i think hed be in over his head here. Butch did great at cinci. Got here went 0-8 in the sec. Not a good fit.

Your posts disagree since you cite them specifically
Sweet, so you’re looking to get into a pissing match? I’m just regurgitating what’s been said. I do think Brian Rice has talked to agents and specific people that have some pieces of the puzzle but no one other than a select few have the definitive answer. There is that better?

Sweet, so you’re looking to get into a pissing match? I’m just regurgitating what’s been said. I do think Brian Rice has talked to agents and specific people that have some pieces of the puzzle but no one other than a select few have the definitive answer. There is that better?
What are the podcast called so we can hear them?

Fickell is an Ohio guy and is very family oriented. Two things are concerning, Ohio State and the Bengals. Ryan Day will be in the NFL and the Bengals ownership thinks very highly of him. There is a good chance of those jobs being available soon and I could see him at either one. Eventually he will go home.

OSU will have their pick of the litter if Day leaves. Unless Fickell produces a miraculous turnaround where we win 9-10 games in 2021 or 2022, then I can't imagine he will be high on their list. I'd imagine if they don't promote from within that Kiffin or Mullen would be much higher on their list than Fickell. Even Tom Allen would likely be higher.

What are the podcast called so we can hear them?
Try volquest, 24/7, even fan run is decent. Specifically, Brian Rice was talking about Matt Campbell and Luke Fickell this morning and seemed fairly confident Campbell was attainable. He even made it sound like he’s the front runner.

VN Store

Back