Luck helps

At the beginning of the year Newman was first string, JTD was second string, and Dwan Mathis was third string. SB wasn’t getting any reps in an already shortened spring. It’s a bit dishonest saying neither had any snaps when Newman and JTD both had at least 1 season or more starting at their respective schools playing against quality opponents.

As for the backups, are you implying experience and development don’t matter? LeCounte was a 4 year starter and Davis was a 3 year starter. LeCounte’s backup was a 3* with zero starts. While Davis’ backup was a 5* with zero starts, Davis was a 3* that was developed into a player that’s mocked to go in the second round of the draft. Trask was a 3*, do you think UF would suddenly get better if he went down and 4* Emory Jones took over against bama?

At least attempt to have an honest conversation. I haven’t been trolling or making wild claims, so it would be nice to get the same in return. It would be outrageous to claim experience and development don’t matter in a normal year, let alone a covid year in which teams didn’t get a full off season. I guess your argument could be true if players never developed, grew, or got experienced once they got to campus. You’re also assuming recruiting rankings are an exact science and never wrong.

I could care less about either team but you don't state facts. It's what ifs with a guy that sucked against decent competition in the ACC and another guy that wasn't even medically cleared and lost his job to an inexperienced true freshman. And I clearly stated neither had taken a snap in a game for uga. That is 100% accurate. Mathis was 3rd string but he only came in to relieve Bennett? So 4th string started over 3rd string? Weird. Lecounte is good. Ya'll pound your chests and claim recruiting championships yet underachieve on the field and make excuses when doing so. UF lost their best player from a dirty hit and continued pouring it on. Pretty sure his inexperienced backup came in and scored. Pretty sure UF lost Franks last year and inserted a 2*. You know the rest. It's the staffs job to have a suitable backup qb. Not depend on 2 transfers. That screams lack of development.

I could care less about either team but you don't state facts. It's what ifs with a guy that sucked against decent competition in the ACC and another guy that wasn't even medically cleared and lost his job to an inexperienced true freshman. And I clearly stated neither had taken a snap in a game for uga. That is 100% accurate. Mathis was 3rd string but he only came in to relieve Bennett? So 4th string started over 3rd string? Weird. Lecounte is good. Ya'll pound your chests and claim recruiting championships yet underachieve on the field and make excuses when doing so. UF lost their best player from a dirty hit and continued pouring it on. Pretty sure his inexperienced backup came in and scored. Pretty sure UF lost Franks last year and inserted a 2*. You know the rest. It's the staffs job to have a suitable backup qb. Not depend on 2 transfers. That screams lack of development.
What have I said that wasn’t a fact? Newman played on the least talented team in the ACC and will be drafted. Do you think SB is talented enough to be drafted? JTD started as a 17 year old and lost his job due to injury. He’s without a doubt more talented than SB. Both have much more in game experience than SB. Dwan Mathis literally missed an entire year due to brain surgery. SB was a walk on. UGA’s QB room had injuries, transfers, and opt outs. It’s Kirby’s job to address it, which is why he took 2 transfers.

Why address LeCounte and not Davis? Davis is mocked to go ahead of LeCounte. How was the hit on Pitts dirty? The only reason Pitts was hit in the head is because he lowered his head. Their was no intent of a head shot. You’ll have to ask Mullen why he started Franks over Trask, but to suggest that’s the rule rather than the exception is ridiculous.

You said it's a bit dishonest to say they didn't have snaps. I, again, clearly said neither started a game at Georgia. Nobody cares about your opt outs. Yall risk taking a transfer so deal with the consequences. Shouldn't have to depend on 2 transfers at the most important position in year 5 or whatever it is with 0 talent behind said transfers. Where is Beck? I don't know much about Davis. We watch qb's. Hit was dirty. Plain and simple. Don't lead with the crown. I personally can't stand Georgia and hope Mizzou whips yall's ass even with Daniels behind center. Nice special teams as I type. Chance to down it at the 1. LOL. Chalk that up to opt outs, injuries, sun, wind, clouds, fresh cut grass, cleats, piped in music, or maybe someone sneezing on the sideline.

You said it's a bit dishonest to say they didn't have snaps. I, again, clearly said neither started a game at Georgia. Nobody cares about your opt outs. Yall risk taking a transfer so deal with the consequences. Shouldn't have to depend on 2 transfers at the most important position in year 5 or whatever it is with 0 talent behind said transfers. Where is Beck? I don't know much about Davis. We watch qb's. Hit was dirty. Plain and simple. Don't lead with the crown. I personally can't stand Georgia and hope Mizzou whips yall's ass even with Daniels behind center. Nice special teams as I type. Chance to down it at the 1. LOL. Chalk that up to opt outs, injuries, sun, wind, clouds, fresh cut grass, cleats, piped in music, or maybe someone sneezing on the sideline.
It is dishonest when I was talking about in game experience. Both Newman and JTD have played full seasons. SB and Dwan Mathis. Beck is a true freshman so not exactly sure why you bring him up. You also clearly didn’t see the hit considering Cine didn’t lead with the crown of his helmet. It’s fine if you don’t like UGA, everyone likes different teams. I just like to have honest discussions about football. Either way, it seems we’ll just have to agree to disagree. If you can’t admit that injuries impact the game, then there’s really no common ground to be made.

Last edited:
So two of UF’s toughest annual opponents are down, way down, and down for years, not months. This helps Florida in recruiting, especially FSU being in such bad shape, but LSU being down helps UF in recruiting too. The timing couldn’t be better for Mullen. And there’s a solid chance that Kirby at Georgia has sorta missed his window and with another non-championship season or two, Dawg Nation will start turning on him the way they did Mark Richt. Couple all this with the fact that Mullen has proven to be one helluva player developer and Gameday ball coach and Florida is about to go on another run. I know it’s a long shot, but imagine if Florida beats Bama next weekend.
1607873646741.gif

Reactions: Atlanta917
I watched a few minutes of the UGa v. Mizzou game on Saturday, and they flipped up a stat that I found interesting. Through the same number of games as HC, Smart and Mark Richt have nearly identical W-L records.

I don't have a dog in the hunt, but I have to wonder which direction Kirby is trending? They fired Richt to get over the hump, but maybe they end up still on the hump?

Hell, at least they tried. That's more than I can say for UT.

Last edited:
Reactions: onevol74
Mullen has played Smart 4 times. He’s 0-3 in games where Smart isn’t missing 4 starters on defense and 3 on offense, including having to start a 4th string walk on at QB. UF had a good year, but so far that’s all it’s been. Like OP originally stated, luck helps.
You must be a UT fan. You have those excuses down pat. Face it, Mullen has caught up with UGA in his third year and his future is brighter than the chokemeister.

VN Store

Back