LSU to hire Matt McMahon: Tigers program turns to Murray State coach after firing Will Wade

Probably all they could do. No big name is going to touch that program until the sanctions come down and they know what they are dealing with. Personally I think LSU is going to get hammered for harboring Wade for 3 years past when all this went down.

Probably all they could do. No big name is going to touch that program until the sanctions come down and they know what they are dealing with. Personally I think LSU is going to get hammered for harboring Wade for 3 years past when all this went down.
All they could do? McMahon is probably the biggest up and comer name out there. What big names are even out there on the market?

I'm so happy for the former Oak Ridge Wildcat. He's about 6 years older than me and I loved watching him play in HS. I assume he's bringing another OR alum with him, who has been his assistant at Murray St. I don't know Matt, but I've met him, and I have it on good authority that he's a class act. A buddy of mine is super tight with him, so my guy is on cloud 9 right now.

Great hire. Better then both UGA and Florida hires

I know he’s a East Tenn guy but Murray guys tend to bomb in the SEC/P5.

Mark freaking Gottfried even got Alabama to the NCAA like six times and he’s been there more often than not in his HC career

Mark freaking Gottfried even got Alabama to the NCAA like six times and he’s been there more often than not in his HC career

He’s been fired twice now. He & Prohm had some success early but couldn’t last. That was my point. LSU is going into a tough time. I’m not convinced this is a great move for your guy but it is a huge paycheck so I understand

I knew I’d catch hell from the ET mafia but I still stand by my statement Murray State guys don’t last.

He’s been fired twice now. He & Prohm had some success early but couldn’t last. That was my point. LSU is going into a tough time. I’m not convinced this is a great move for your guy but it is a huge paycheck so I understand

I knew I’d catch hell from the ET mafia but I still stand by my statement Murray State guys don’t last.
Lulz I didn’t even know the guy was an east Tennessean. Has zero to do with it

Mick Cronin is doing very well.
Steve Prohm doing quite well.

Want to walk this back?

Cronin moved to Cincy first, not a P5 school. He matured more there before UCLA. Murray is a very small town and lower mid major conference. It’s a better step than most realize.

Cronin moved to Cincy first, not a P5 school. He matured more there before UCLA. Murray is a very small town and lower mid major conference. It’s a better step than most realize.
Still successful. This isn’t even arguing semantics

VN Store

Back