LSU just helped us out in the East

DeepSpringsVol

Getting to prominence will take time.
Thank you Tigers for knocking Florida back into a tie with us again in the loss column! So lets take care of business tomorrow night. We need to finish in top 2 in our division to get a bye in SEC tourney.:post-4-1090547912: By the way that chant the LSU students yelled that it SUCKS TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!!! that is hilarious

If somehow we can pull a win streak together, we might be able to just win this thing. Highly unlikely, but possible. LSU has already beat FL. Now if they can take care of KY in Rupp and KY wins against SC and loses the away game to the Gators. We win the east. That is if we win out. Don't see it happening as broke as our team is right now, but at least I can believe we still have a chance at least one more day.

If somehow we can pull a win streak together, we might be able to just win this thing. Highly unlikely, but possible. LSU has already beat FL. Now if they can take care of KY in Rupp and KY wins against SC and loses the away game to the Gators. We win the east. That is if we win out. Don't see it happening as broke as our team is right now, but at least I can believe we still have a chance at least one more day.

That scenario is about as likely as JP Prince making a 3-pointer.

Really hard for me to get optimistic. Florida puts forth that effort against us and we lose by at least 10. I say we just worry about MSU tomorrow night. It's hard enough to get this team to just focus on a single game, much less a season goal.

Besides, I may be in the minority, but even we somehow win the East, knowing Kentucky beat the snot out of us freakin' twice pretty much makes it feel pretty hollow.

Really hard for me to get optimistic. Florida puts forth that effort against us and we lose by at least 10. I say we just worry about MSU tomorrow night. It's hard enough to get this team to just focus on a single game, much less a season goal.

Besides, I may be in the minority, but even we somehow win the East, knowing Kentucky beat the snot out of us freakin' twice pretty much makes it feel pretty hollow.

the second part, u make a really really good point.

I still think we match up fairly well against Florida, which is why I think Pearl will be 7-1 against Billy D after Sunday.

I'd say if Billy D can't beat this Vols team at home, he might as well just start forfeiting games against Bruce.

Winning the SEC East is like being the smartest person in Alabama. Sure, you win, but it's not much to brag about.

it sure does help the selection group make putting us in a better seed in the tourney though.

I couldn't possibly care less what the other SEC teams do, who beats whom, etc. It serves as a mere distraction from what should be the focus: UT simply has to start winning. Now.

As long as we don't have to lose any more games - I don't see the problem with a #3 seed in the east if that's possible, but I'm sure its not because we'd probably jump USCjr... we'd get another game in the tourney against a lesser opponent hopefully - if we got the bye, then we'd probably lose the 1st game.

Haha what a scenario.

I couldn't possibly care less what the other SEC teams do, who beats whom, etc. It serves as a mere distraction from what should be the focus: UT simply has to start winning. Now.

true true!
But who doesn't like watching UK or UF loose? :)

VN Store

Back