LSU Game Attendees Info

Where to sit? I want to sit among the Vol fans and not the cajun corn dogs.

sec 404 is the visitor section down low, I know there is more visitor seating in the east upper deck but I would avoid sitting up there, you will get roasted by the sun until its completely set plus you are pretty far from the field. Another option for yall to think about is the south upper deck (section’s 650-657) is called the skyline club and has a small buffet that typically has jambalaya, hot dogs, chips and other sides and includes a free non-alcoholic drink that is all included with the ticket, those tickets are usually pretty cheap. We had season tickets there in 2019 and it is pretty high up but its cool to see the plays developing (especially when Joe Burrow was leading the offense) plus you get a nice view of Big Raggedy’s skyline

Looks like a Louisiana afternoon game too. CBS has already claimed Ala-Aggie bitchfest as a night game that day. I’d say CBS takes this as a lead in.

sec 404 is the visitor section down low, I know there is more visitor seating in the east upper deck but I would avoid sitting up there, you will get roasted by the sun until its completely set plus you are pretty far from the field. Another option for yall to think about is the south upper deck (section’s 650-657) is called the skyline club and has a small buffet that typically has jambalaya, hot dogs, chips and other sides and includes a free non-alcoholic drink that is all included with the ticket, those tickets are usually pretty cheap. We had season tickets there in 2019 and it is pretty high up but its cool to see the plays developing (especially when Joe Burrow was leading the offense) plus you get a nice view of Big Raggedy’s skyline

I thought 404 and 405 were visitors section?

Looks like a Louisiana afternoon game too. CBS has already claimed Ala-Aggie bitchfest as a night game that day. I’d say CBS takes this as a lead in.
If true, that’s a break for us. LSU night games are extremely loud.

Yep completely agree. More costs incurred for AA due to special scheduling, too. I have no doubts they will sell out both flights due to the convenience factor and those that can only be off Sat and Sun.
AA can EAD. That’s all I can contribute to this thread . But I find it to be an important post in order to spread the truth that American Airlines is awful.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I’d suggest folks from the west and middle part of TN really look at driving vs. flying. I have to be in NOLA and/or Baton Rouge, and it’s almost always as fast to drive. By the time you drive to the airport a few hours early and then wait for an Uber or rental at the destination and drive to the motel, you could likely have driven. And this is even more true if there’s a layover.

And I agree about AA being horrible. Had an issue with them two weeks ago.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Auburn/UGA is also that weekend. CBS could easily select that game. A lot will depend on how TN/LSU play the first few weeks of the season. Pretty safe assumption that one of those will be the CBS afternoon game and the other ESPN/ESPN2 in prime time.

I’d suggest folks from the west and middle part of TN really look at driving vs. flying. I have to be in NOLA and/or Baton Rouge, and it’s almost always as fast to drive. By the time you drive to the airport a few hours early and then wait for an Uber or rental at the destination and drive to the motel, you could likely have driven. And this is even more true if there’s a layover.

And I agree about AA being horrible. Had an issue with them two weeks ago.

AA is bad but United is worse. They’re notorious for canceling flights just cause there’s not enough passengers for their margin.

Airfares ain’t gonna go down, trust me on this one.

Appreciate the comment, wm. However, I think my post implies to get tickets now before prices go up. They will certainly rise. Now, might be the cheapest you'll see otherwise. GBO!

I live just north of Baton Rouge, I was born a Tiger fan and still love my Tigers but I have adopted the Vols as my other favorite team (Tiger by birth, Vol by choice). The wife and I are planning on coming up to the Missouri game this year so Im hoping to meet some of yall at the LSU game, I have season tickets in sec 404, which is the top of the visitor section, I may end up hosting a tailgate and will let yall know if I do, yall are more than welcome to come by it

Nice. Our seats are in section 405.

In addition to New Orleans, Alexandria is also another option with it being about 2 hours from Baton Rouge.

Both Delta and AA fly there and when I booked, it took about half the FF miles to get there than it would have for New Orleans or Baton Rouge.
Lafayette has flights from TYS for around $650 and its 9nly 60 miles. I think we are going to drive now and go to Perdido Key or Orange Beach for a few days first..

nice of them to only charge $800 round trip.

we're making an extended weekend of it between there and New Orleans.

Saints are at home against Seahawks that Sunday, by the way.
$800 dang!

6 hour road trip and motel and tickets would be about that much.

New Orleans is what a hour away?

American flies into Baton Rouge, but you can get Southwest flights between Nashville and New Orleans, with N.O. being about an hour and a half from B. R., normally.
I’ve been looking at SW flights since mid-summer out of BNA because that’s the only airline we fly and the points and/or $ are outrageous. Go back 3 years and we have enough points to probably fly round tip 6x to anywhere before I exhausted my points and now we’d use most of our points on this trip alone. Haven’t paid for a flight in 10 years and that will change quickly if things don’t turn around.

VN Store

Back