LSU Game Attendees Info

American flies into Baton Rouge, but you can get Southwest flights between Nashville and New Orleans, with N.O. being about an hour and a half from B. R., normally.

nice of them to only charge $800 round trip.

we're making an extended weekend of it between there and New Orleans. Saints are at home against Seahawks that Sunday, by the way.

Airlines and other accommodations and amenity services always price gorge traveling fans. And now with fuel prices fueled by the pandemic and Poot-Poot's murder campaign, even more so. Alternatives might be fans collectively hiring a bus firm for transport, kind of like a glorified taxi. Or do the same with a regional private charter air service. A collective has more punch than many people realize. Still, it's nice that McGhee is thinking ahead, and it's there for Vols fans who wish to and can take advantage of it.

Reactions: mrredskin
Airlines and other accommodations and amenity services always price gorge traveling fans. And now with fuel prices fueled by the pandemic and Poot-Poot's murder campaign, even more so. Alternatives might be fans collectively hiring a bus firm for transport, kind of like a glorified taxi. Or do the same with a regional private charter air service. A collective has more punch than many people realize. Still, it's nice that McGhee is thinking ahead, and it's there for Vols fans who wish to and can take advantage of it.

Yep completely agree. More costs incurred for AA due to special scheduling, too. I have no doubts they will sell out both flights due to the convenience factor and those that can only be off Sat and Sun.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
This is one of those situations that would be perfect for Amtrak. I can easily get from BHM To NOLA, but the Short connection to Baton Rouge isn’t ready yet 🥺.

American flies into Baton Rouge, but you can get Southwest flights between Nashville and New Orleans, with N.O. being about an hour and a half from B. R., normally.
In addition to New Orleans, Alexandria is also another option with it being about 2 hours from Baton Rouge.

Both Delta and AA fly there and when I booked, it took about half the FF miles to get there than it would have for New Orleans or Baton Rouge.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
In addition to New Orleans, Alexandria is also another option with it being about 2 hours from Baton Rouge.

Both Delta and AA fly there and when I booked, it took about half the FF miles to get there than it would have for New Orleans or Baton Rouge.
That is very interesting; we have never flown thru Alex.

Just be sure to take plenty of snack money for boudin, etouffe, and gumbo

Don't forget your alligator cheesecake.
o-3-59.jpg

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
If you're flying, the airlines ( at least Delta) are changing flights frequently. We booked flights to visit family in Portland in July a few months ago and they have changed them 3 times already. Wouldn't be surprised at changing again. Each change has made things worse. We are thinking of cancelling.

Just a warning that flights are not set in stone with the airlines. No idea if things clear up by fall.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I live just north of Baton Rouge, I was born a Tiger fan and still love my Tigers but I have adopted the Vols as my other favorite team (Tiger by birth, Vol by choice). The wife and I are planning on coming up to the Missouri game this year so Im hoping to meet some of yall at the LSU game, I have season tickets in sec 404, which is the top of the visitor section, I may end up hosting a tailgate and will let yall know if I do, yall are more than welcome to come by it

I live just north of Baton Rouge, I was born a Tiger fan and still love my Tigers but I have adopted the Vols as my other favorite team (Tiger by birth, Vol by choice). The wife and I are planning on coming up to the Missouri game this year so Im hoping to meet some of yall at the LSU game, I have season tickets in sec 404, which is the top of the visitor section, I may end up hosting a tailgate and will let yall know if I do, yall are more than welcome to come by it
Dude! We should talk! I live on south side of BR, with 2 degrees from UT, and the 3rd one from LSU.

If you're flying, the airlines ( at least Delta) are changing flights frequently. We booked flights to visit family in Portland in July a few months ago and they have changed them 3 times already. Wouldn't be surprised at changing again. Each change has made things worse. We are thinking of cancelling.

Just a warning that flights are not set in stone with the airlines. No idea if things clear up by fall.

It’s not a bad drive if you can afford gas by then. After Tuscalooser, it’s open road to I-10.

Reactions: kcvols1

VN Store

Back