LSU coaching search will be interesting

Well, that is not exactly the entire story now is it?

Way I see it is, let's keep O so that LSU stays in a down cycle.
But LSU fans = Florida fans. Keep firing your coaches and we'll see how good you are.

Way I see it is, let's keep O so that LSU stays in a down cycle.
But LSU fans = Florida fans. Keep firing your coaches and we'll see how good you are.
We don't want our coach fired, we him to get his head out of his ass and stop being so stubborn.

Well, is les Miles can win there, how much of a coach do they really need?

Two names that would be on my list if I were AD at LSU:

1. Mario Cristobol - Hear his name associated as eventually replacing Saban, but that could be a while.

2. Lincoln Riley - If money isn't an object (my assumption), why not? He'll be in the conference in a year or two anyway.

Hugh Freeze would win big at LSU and he’s got Nick Saban’s number.

They are making a mistake letting Ed O go. He has proven he can win a NC with a good staff.
Or he caught lightning in a bottle his first year with a good staff and load of NFL talent on that team. With OK talent and subpar assistants, Ed ain’t so good. He is not a good coach.

Reactions: MaTaLa
Or he caught lightning in a bottle his first year with a good staff and load of NFL talent on that team. With OK talent and subpar assistants, Ed ain’t so good. He is not a good coach.
Orgeron inherited the good DC Aranda, but he brought in the brilliant "passing game coordinator" Brady.

Possibly, but LSU is a better job, anyone who says different is wrong.
It might be the best job in the country. Each of their last 3 coaches have won national titles, and 2 of those coaches have room temperature IQs. It doesn’t take great head coaching to win, and win at a very high level, at LSU.

I don’t think even LSU fans themselves realize it, but they’ve had the second most successful football program this century, behind only Bama. Their fans slip into a “poor ole pitiful me” complex at times, and they certainly have underachieved since winning the title, but they don’t know what hard times are (channeling Dutharode @Lawrence Wright).

Orgeron inherited the good DC Aranda, but he brought in the brilliant "passing game coordinator" Brady.

Brilliant.....blah, blah, blah. Anyone can be brilliant if they have the horses. Just stand back and watch because that's all you really have to do with a star studded lineup like LSU had in 2019. Just imagine what kind of plays Riley or day could have schemed...not to mention many more. If Brady is so "brilliant" why can't he get things done at Carolina.... They are terrible on offense, just stink. You got to have the playes as thats what it is all about.

Reactions: BUBear
Brilliant.....blah, blah, blah. Anyone can be brilliant if they have the horses. Just stand back and watch because that's all you really have to do with a star studded lineup like LSU had in 2019. Just imagine what kind of plays Riley or day could have schemed...not to mention many more. If Brady is so "brilliant" why can't he get things done at Carolina.... They are terrible on offense, just stink. You got to have the playes as thats what it is all about.
Stinking on offense is a Matt Rhule specialty. It's therefore logical that Brady follow suit. There's a reason that Baylor QB Charlie Brewer suffered so many head injuries and concussions under Rhule.

Stinking on offense is a Matt Rhule specialty. It's therefore logical that Brady follow suit. There's a reason that Baylor QB Charlie Brewer suffered so many head injuries and concussions under Rhule.
You're a Baylor guy so maybe you can help me understand this...why were so many in the NFL enamored with Rhule to begin with? I never understood why so many NFL people quickly and frequently mentioned his name in connection with coaching searches. His only prior NFL coaching experience was 1 year with the Giants as an assistant O-line coach.

I get that he led impressive turnaround jobs at 2 colleges, but it isn't like he's the only guy who has ever done something like that, and what exactly does turning a college program around have to do with NFL coaching success?

You're a Baylor guy so maybe you can help me understand this...why were so many in the NFL enamored with Rhule to begin with? I never understood why so many NFL people quickly and frequently mentioned his name in connection with coaching searches. His only prior NFL coaching experience was 1 year with the Giants as an assistant O-line coach.

I get that he led impressive turnaround jobs at 2 colleges, but it isn't like he's the only guy who has ever done something like that, and what exactly does turning a college program around have to do with NFL coaching success?
It has never made any sense to us either. It basically defies logic IMO. The only thing I ever truly saw in him is that he has carpetbagging down to an art and science.

Reactions: 05_never_again

Most would not be with those parameters. If you dropped Saban in Baton Rouge, and said go 10-2 at worst, but you cannot make any staff changes and you have to do it with this exact roster, he's gonna drop 3-4 minimum this year. You lost your primary QB to make a good season, and the Super Bowl Son hasn't exactly lit it up every week. The onus for O and LSU this season has been uncharacteristically weak O-Line and a mediocre back up QB that wasn't ready yet to be the guy. And all the while knowing most of the Admin never wanted you anyway. IMO, Coach O has been pretty professional about his existence there, especially his attitude about finishing the season already fired.

VN Store

Back