LSU at #6 UF

Certainly the worst loss of Mullen’s almost 3 years. First time Mullen has lost to a team that appeared to be clearly inferior coming in. Maybe the 2018 Kentucky game, but that was only the 3rd game of the season in his first year, Mullen didn’t know what Franks could/couldn’t do, UK was actually pretty good that year, and there wasn’t near as much on the line. I did NOT see this one coming. Only other game I can compare it to is 2008 Ole Miss (the Tebow post game promise game).

So we’re definitely knocked off of our high horses. And perhaps we should have seen it coming as UF has been average since the Arkansas game; sloppy and sluggish v Vandy, same against Kentucky, the Tennessee game wasn’t a thing of beauty, and now this.

No worries, I’ll have us beating Bama by Tuesday. 😂

I’m only kidding on that last part so don’t @ me.

Mullen has been in uncharted waters as a HC since the UGA game.

Keeping a team focused after clinching his first ever division title with a bigger prize sitting out there....hopefully he learns from this.

That’s a really good point. Agree, and I think he’ll learn.

Yes. In the grand scheme, it's not going to cost them anything except maybe a NY6 bid.

But, it's a game they have no business losing.

Whereas next week.....
It’s almost like Mullen has a habit of doing that once a year or so.
Some have even said it might cause his downfall at Florida

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
"It’s almost like Mullen has a habit of doing that once a year or so." In coaching circles that's called Richtitis. Kirby has caught at UGA as well.

Reactions: Plecoptera
no, no, no. This game may have cost them a NY6 bowl. I don't know.

But, Alabama was going to seal club them next week anyway.
I was just meaning there were a lot of parallels. I’m well aware that it’s not exactly the same.

SEC shorts knocked it out of the park.

But I agree, after Alabama beats them by 5 touchdowns, this won't be as funny.

Reactions: bamawriter
Careful with the word always--for years the west couldn't begin to line up with the east. The sun doesn't shine on the same dogs butt forever, but Alabama is starting to get a sunburn.
I'm gonna use this over and over..

VN Store

Back