Low has UT in playoff

The only way it works is we beat Bama and lose to Georgia in the regulation season.

Bama loses to us but beats Georgia in the SECCG.

Georgia beats us, loses to Bama in SECCG.

All 3 teams have one loss at that point. (Two 12-1 teams, one 11-1 team). Seeding wise Georgia at 1 doesn't make sense, but 3 playoff eligible teams is I guess possible. Certainly not even remotely likely to happen, but that's the path.
This is the only way it could happen but there’s no way anyone would allow three teams from same conference in. Tennessee would of course get screwed in this scenario

Its absurd that yall doubt so much. Our offense is top tier. We can hang with any team in terms of points and at the end of the day, thats all that counts. We just need our defense to get one or two stops or a pick and we can put up enough points to beat anybody.

To be the 4 seed in that scenario, we’d have to beat Alabama, lose to UGA, and then have the Tide defeat the Dawgs in the SECCG. ‘Bama 12-1, Georgia 12-1, and Tennessee 11-1. That’s the only way I can see where all 3 would possibly make it with us at #4.

Playoffs then expand next season because the rest of College Football would riot over 3 SEC teams in the playoff.

Only way all 3 get in is with us losing to Bama, beating UGA, then beating Bama in the SEC Championship. UGA and Bama have the name recognition and history to make the playoffs with 1 loss and no conference championship, UT doesn’t.

I agree we could get in if the playoffs were 12 teams this yr. TN is not cracking the elite 6 team pool for the 4 team playoffs.

First off we need to rest the defense for the rest of the season until the playoffs. Just keep them off the field on defensive downs so they don’t get injured.

Now I think there is a scenario where we can have four teams from the SEC in the playoffs. Let’s have Ole Miss in there with us via whatever scenario you guys can cook up and then we go head to head with them for the championship.

Go VOLS!!

Reactions: Raebo
lots of very good offensive teams with mid defenses has made the playoffs before lol
How many played in the SEC with 3 top 10 teams left on the schedule plus a dangerous LSU team in Tiger Stadium? I hang up and listen.

And we still have to play the top two on the list. Even if we lose by less than a TD to both , it might still make people look at us. The bye week cou not have come at a better time.

If we only lose to the #1 and #2 teams, why not? Lol

USC will likely only have 1 loss and will win the PAC 12. Michigan may end up with only 1 loss. Clemson may go undefeated. OSU will probably go undefeated. What if OU steam rolls everyone else and wins the B12?

If we are gonna jump of the bridge let's do it right.
We go undefeated, UGA has 1 loss, we beat Bama the second time in SECCG! A couple of non ranks take out Mich, OSU and USC along the way. You see were I'm going. UT, Bama, and UGA all get in. We beat UGA in the first round, loss #2, beat Bama for the Natty, 3rd time this year. We ARE CHAMPIONS OF THE UNIVERSE!

Reactions: OrangeBloodinTN
Bama UGA UT.

College Football Playoff picks after Week 4

Lots of football to play but I love the fact that we are in the conversation.

I personally think we end up 10-2 at best with our best chance to get to 11 wins between Bama and UGA being Bama.

I’m not concerned at all with LSU at night with us coming off a bye. Kentucky can go to hell because even if they are 1/2 losses rolling into Knoxville, they will see a sold out Neyland that will rock them.

VN Store

Back