Low has UT in playoff

Bama UGA UT.

College Football Playoff picks after Week 4

Lots of football to play but I love the fact that we are in the conversation.
Sorry but that's nuts. This is a very, very good team offensively, but that's about it. Defense and special teams are pretty average at best. We could very easily find ourselves sitting at 5-3 after the next month of football.

Reactions: 08Vol
If Bama beats UGA in Atlanta and both teams have 1 loss, how does UGA get the #1 seed over Bama?

I didn't really take it as that is where they were going to be seeded. It just said their picks. But if that is the case, I see what you mean now.

Chris was voting with his heart he still lives in Knoxville. In reality we've got a National Championship offense but an FCS defense. That might get us close to the playoff, but not in.

Sorry but that's nuts. This is a very, very good team offensively, but that's about it. Defense and special teams are pretty average at best. We could very easily find ourselves sitting at 5-3 after the next month of football.
lots of very good offensive teams with mid defenses has made the playoffs before lol

His seeding makes no sense. If UGA is 1, then they win the SECCG. That means Bama's one loss comes to UGA in Atlanta. For UT to slide in at 4, they only have one loss and don't win the East. Which means they had to lose to UGA but beat Bama. But if UT beats Bama and and then Bama loses the SECCG, Bama has two losses and is probably out of the playoff and certainly not #2.

Chris didn't think this through.
It makes as much sense as UGA playing in the NCG after losing the SECCG

To be the 4 seed in that scenario, we’d have to beat Alabama, lose to UGA, and then have the Tide defeat the Dawgs in the SECCG. ‘Bama 12-1, Georgia 12-1, and Tennessee 11-1. That’s the only way I can see where all 3 would possibly make it with us at #4.

Playoffs then expand next season because the rest of College Football would riot over 3 SEC teams in the playoff.
This is the only way that scenario plays out. but, it won’t. Not a chance.

Reactions: 08Vol
His seeding makes no sense. If UGA is 1, then they win the SECCG. That means Bama's one loss comes to UGA in Atlanta. For UT to slide in at 4, they only have one loss and don't win the East. Which means they had to lose to UGA but beat Bama. But if UT beats Bama and and then Bama loses the SECCG, Bama has two losses and is probably out of the playoff and certainly not #2.

Couldn't he be thinking we beat Bama and lose to Georgia, Bama beats Georgia in the SECCG and all 3 have 1 loss?

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol

He wasn't thinking at all.

Reactions: bamawriter

2B759989-C2BC-4109-8217-CF06288A3BDB.jpeg

Reactions: bamawriter
It’s not impossible. Alabama, Kentucky, LSU are not unbeatable... if Bama or UGA are off when they play us we can beat them. Anyone who says otherwise has BVS. It’s College Football! Kansas State beat Oklahoma yesterday for crying out loud! Anything can happen
K State has beaten Oklahoma 3 out of their last 4 games.

I think he is simply making a point that right now, these are the 4 best teams…….which have shown it on the field.

is Tennessee the 4th best team in the country……..most likely not. However who has Michigan beaten?

Tennessee right now has the two best wins…….and in their other games…….it hasn’t been close. Tennessee has shown more than Michigan, USC or even Clemson.

I don't think anyone has pointed this out yet, but if UT beats Alabama and loses to Georgia, who then goes on to lose to Alabama in the SECCG, then all teams have one loss each.

VN Store

Back