Lovie Smith

Vol737

It’s My Toxic Masculinity That You Like!
Has Illinois at 6-4 with upset wins over Wisconsin and Michigan State. FSU or Arky may be well served to go after him. Good for him!

Reactions: Remy
I thought he was still on a plane circling Knoxville? WTH?!?

No doubt. Would have loved to have snagged him after Kiffin bailed, but looked like he was going to be in Chicago for a while. I think we would've been better off giving the job to Kippy Brown since he was already here rather than messing around with Dooley.

Reactions: Remy
No doubt. Would have loved to have snagged him after Kiffin bailed, but looked like he was going to be in Chicago for a while. I think we would've been better off giving the job to Kippy Brown since he was already here rather than messing around with Dooley.
I wouldn't mind the Falcons hiring him after the season;)

Reactions: Vol737
That probably would have been a fairly successful experiment.

I always cheer for Lovie Smith. Lovie was my DB coach at Fulmer football camp in June 1994. Al Wilson was in my group that summer. Fulmer spent most of camp over watching Big Al do drills. During that same week of camp, OJ was fleeing in the white bronco. We had no idea any of that was happening until after camp was over. No cell phones back then and no TVs in our dorms.

I think this is another flash in the pan. One ranked win does not a career make. Let's see if he can sustain.

It wouldn't shock me if Falcons owner Arthur Blank hired him away from Illinois since he's got loads of NFL experience
It would me. Being a Bears fan, I remember his time with us fondly. But his second shot with Tampa was putrid. He’s worked really hard to build Illinois and I doubt he abandons that.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back