Lou's article

Massengill was the perplexing one. We saw her grow and succeed in Kellie’s system so the departure does look puzzling and not a good look. But then we see all her friends go to Kentucky and let’s be honest maybe they just wanted to reunite and a plan may have been in the works to play together. I don’t know and it’s weird she left the coaching staff with positive

Treasure was still in high school when Jaz was playing her Sophomore year ! I doubt that Treasure had made up her mind to go to Kentucky as of yet ? But when she did .....: I am sure the conversations between Jaz and Treasure and Howard became serious ... A realization that the three ladies would be able to play together. JMO

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
When all is said and done, this will probably be nothing but a misunderstanding......It's Benny Hill, so don't get too excited...
0g8vL4s.gif

Reactions: VolBall09
Getting back to the original topic, I suspect Kellie was likely stunned and personally crushed by the words in the article, as I personally doubt she had any idea whatsoever that Lou was hurting on so many levels. That said, unless Lou is an Academy Award-level actress, it does seem odd that NOONE saw through her performance. And yes, the staff had a lot on their plates and maybe, in their minds, Lou with her maturity and great attitude put her on their "don't have to worry about this one" list, but still...

I hope that one day we'll read that the staff got together with Lou and worked it out, and that it was truly all just a terrible lack of communication that had actually come from a place of confidence in Lou instead of dismissiveness of Lou.

Neither party are the bad guys here and should not be attacked by anyone. I do agree that they might have been some miscommunications going on. Kelly doesn’t Have to address this publicly. when she reaches out it should be done behind closed doors with Lou and the rest of the coaching staff and hopefully something positive comes out of it and that both sides get closure.

The returning players certainly knew if anything was going on that should not have been but I've not heard anything negative from them. Just a lot of reading between the lines here. I don't think there is anything here to merit scrutiny. There are a lot of personalities out there that need attention and reinforcement. Some act out and get it and some don't and feel ostracized. We don't know what happened. Some out there believe there is a story here. I don't know if that is the case but I guess it will probably happen now. All I know for sure on the subject is that I've had enough drama this year so I'm sitting this one out.

The returning players certainly knew if anything was going on that should not have been but I've not heard anything negative from them. Just a lot of reading between the lines here. I don't think there is anything here to merit scrutiny. There are a lot of personalities out there that need attention and reinforcement. Some act out and get it and some don't and feel ostracized. We don't know what happened. Some out there believe there is a story here. I don't know if that is the case but I guess it will probably happen now. All I know for sure on the subject is that I've had enough drama this year so I'm sitting this one out.
Me too, don't know what to think about it.

I am disturbed by this article. It doesn't align with my impression of the coaching staff, albeit from a distance. Articles like this certainly do not help the recruiting efforts, which in today's world includes retention of current players. Whether or not Lou was being over-sensitive or not, she wasn't getting what she needed. Hopefully the coaching staff reads this article and wakes up!

This is an unusual article. No doubt it is ammunition for rival staffs in recruiting. It is not a good look and the damage is done no matter what gets addressed behind the scenes. Hard to believe there was no good bye in person call from staff either. No excuse for that IMO.

VN Store

Back