Lots of Volleyball Friday and Saturday!

flipped between two matches with teams that could likely see the NCAA's this season: Kentucky/Purdue (2) Stanford/(1) Nebraska...Purdue and Stanford won...Stanford is in a league all their own, even though they lost last week...Kentucky will be a challenge for us also...we'll see...and,

GO LADY VOLS!

flipped between two matches with teams that could likely see the NCAA's this season: Kentucky/Purdue (2) Stanford/(1) Nebraska...Purdue and Stanford won...Stanford is in a league all their own, even though they lost last week...Kentucky will be a challenge for us also...we'll see...and,

GO LADY VOLS!
I really think this year we will be challenged by several conference teams other than Ky. I was expecting more from the seniors especially Andreno. WE are really young and should be a middle of the pack team I think. Way to many unforced errors and killing us and serving errors leads the pack. Eve has this team as far as anyone would at this point and another good recruiting year or two and we will be better than ok. JMHO as always. SCCSS!

Reactions: StrangeVol
I really think this year we will be challenged by several conference teams other than Ky. I was expecting more from the seniors especially Andreno. WE are really young and should be a middle of the pack team I think. Way to many unforced errors and killing us and serving errors leads the pack. Eve has this team as far as anyone would at this point and another good recruiting year or two and we will be better than ok. JMHO as always. SCCSS!

You'll get no argument from me. I think this is not going to be anywhere close to the year we had last year. I don't think any of realized what a "perfect storm" of senior leadership and talent Coach Rackham walked into. I am not taking anything away from Coach Rackham's accomplishment last year and not faulting her at all for our early-season struggles this year. We just don't seem to be the same team we were last season and to me, it seems like senior leadership is lacking. Maybe the team will grow into we thought/hoped they would be...the season is young and there is plenty of time for further improvement. :)

You'll get no argument from me. I think this is not going to be anywhere close to the year we had last year. I don't think any of realized what a "perfect storm" of senior leadership and talent Coach Rackham walked into. I am not taking anything away from Coach Rackham's accomplishment last year and not faulting her at all for our early-season struggles this year. We just don't seem to be the same team we were last season and to me, it seems like senior leadership is lacking. Maybe the team will grow into we thought/hoped they would be...the season is young and there is plenty of time for further improvement. :)

You may be right, but after watching the first two matches I have no doubt that Rackham is a smart and capable leader. Her intelligent use of available challenges ALONE was enough to convince me that she's on top of the game, and I am hopeful that these early losses and close wins will pay off later. We'll soon find out!

LVs sweeps a pretty good ETSU team. Service errors a plenty but better defense the last two sets. First set nip and tuck but the rest is history. Senior Andreno stepped up as I had asked her to do and the freshman Fingal the lefty was smoking the ball all over the place. She is going to be a good one . Bell did well again and Grubbs and Hanson the usual . Lily did not play a whole lot not sure why but she has not seemed like her old self from last year so far to me but what the heck do I know.

Nice match tonight. :) I saw several things I liked.

First, was the crowd, which was really into the match and supporting our girls loudly!

Second, although I realize the competition wasn't the greatest, we played pretty well overall and our floor defense was very good! Tessa was Tessa...just doin' her thing. Tthe stats aren't available yet but I lost track with Tessa at 17 kills and a couple of blocks, too!

Third, is that Tessa had help tonight from MorgahnFingall and Ava Bell. Sedona Hansen was all over the floor and no doubt posted another double double. There's a good story on Sedona here: Volleyball It's worth the read and pretty darn impressive.

I've been waiting to see which of our young players would step up and give us another scoring threat. I think Fingall may be a star in the making. As a freshman left-handed hitter, you can see her growing into her roll on the right side. Ava Bell maybe the best transfer we've had in a long time. She is rock solid, very smart, has good size and has a hammer for a middle blocker. There are others that are making themselves known, too, Danielle Mahaffey is also giving us some very good rotations and Lily seems to have gotten used to her new role with this team.

Finally, I think I see signs that the team is coming together. It will be fun to watch their matches this weekend and see if they continue to progress. After all, SEC play is just around the corner with us opening up on the road vs Ole Miss in just 7 days.

Fun times ahead! :)

Nice match tonight. :) I saw several things I liked.

First, was the crowd, which was really into the match and supporting our girls loudly!

Second, although I realize the competition wasn't the greatest, we played pretty well overall and our floor defense was very good! Tessa was Tessa...just doin' her thing. Tthe stats aren't available yet but I lost track with Tessa at 17 kills and a couple of blocks, too!

Third, is that Tessa had help tonight from MorgahnFingall and Ava Bell. Sedona Hansen was all over the floor and no doubt posted another double double. There's a good story on Sedona here: Volleyball It's worth the read and pretty darn impressive.

I've been waiting to see which of our young players would step up and give us another scoring threat. I think Fingall may be a star in the making. As a freshman left-handed hitter, you can see her growing into her roll on the right side. Ava Bell maybe the best transfer we've had in a long time. She is rock solid, very smart, has good size and has a hammer for a middle blocker. There are others that are making themselves known, too, Danielle Mahaffey is also giving us some very good rotations and Lily seems to have gotten used to her new role with this team.

Finally, I think I see signs that the team is coming together. It will be fun to watch their matches this weekend and see if they continue to progress. After all, SEC play is just around the corner with us opening up on the road vs Ole Miss in just 7 days.

Fun times ahead! :)

Agree with all of this! Huge props should be given to Giana Pellizzon, she played some outstanding defense tonight and in that 1st set she kept points going when UT was struggling. The 2nd and 3rd set showed that when this team is passing very well and gives Sedona a chance to keep us in system we have a very good offense. Fingall actually reminds me of Tessa when she was a freshman, some of the swings she took tonight make your eyes wide and wonder if she put a dent in the floor with how hard she hit the ball. If consistency meets up with her talent then we've got another potential All-SEC and All-American performer (I actually think her blocking ability is better than Tessa's).

As much as I like Addisyn Rowe and her upside, Ava Bell has asserted herself as the middle that needs to be with Andreno. This team needs an offensive presence from the middle blocker position and Bell might be that presence we lost with Erica. She had some good swings in transition, was calling for her set, and can we talk about the heavy ball she was swinging from the right side?! She was showing no mercy to whoever the ETSU player that was defending the line.

Agree with all of this! Huge props should be given to Giana Pellizzon, she played some outstanding defense tonight and in that 1st set she kept points going when UT was struggling. The 2nd and 3rd set showed that when this team is passing very well and gives Sedona a chance to keep us in system we have a very good offense. Fingall actually reminds me of Tessa when she was a freshman, some of the swings she took tonight make your eyes wide and wonder if she put a dent in the floor with how hard she hit the ball. If consistency meets up with her talent then we've got another potential All-SEC and All-American performer (I actually think her blocking ability is better than Tessa's).

As much as I like Addisyn Rowe and her upside, Ava Bell has asserted herself as the middle that needs to be with Andreno. This team needs an offensive presence from the middle blocker position and Bell might be that presence we lost with Erica. She had some good swings in transition, was calling for her set, and can we talk about the heavy ball she was swinging from the right side?! She was showing no mercy to whoever the ETSU player that was defending the line.

Absolutely right! Pellizzon is doing great work and I was remiss in not giving her the credit she deserves. Our floor defense has been excellent most of the time with her playing a large part in that as well.

Lots going on today, with the first match at 12:30 and the second at 7:00. Oh yeah, there is our annual football beat down at Florida at noon...I guess I'll watch some of that unless it gets really embarrassing early. I hope not but....

So another sweep over a vastly outmatched opponent...and on we go. The highlight of the match was the reappearance of Rocky Perinar! :)

It was pretty ho-hum...but at least it wasn't painful as it is watching you-know-what. ;)

So another sweep over a vastly outmatched opponent...and on we go. The highlight of the match was the reappearance of Rocky Perinar! :)

It was pretty ho-hum...but at least it wasn't painful as it is watching you-know-what. ;)
Yep Strange Rocky was my highlight as well. She did have a kill I think. As you said before not sure who she can beat out to get more pt but any is better than nothing.

ETSU took us in 5 sets last year, so it was encouraging to see us come out and take care of business and win handily.

Reactions: StrangeVol

VN Store

Back