Lots of Orange in PNC Tonight!!!

Question for anyone in the know. I saw where one of the Pitt fans mentioned the public parking garages (4 of them if I recall) within walking distance from the stadium. Does anyone know the address or general location of these garages? Or are there any other places that you would prefer to park?

We parked at Third Street Garage next to Market Square today. Walked about three blocks to the Gateway T subway station. Rode the free short ride under the river to the North Shore station. Got out and was right between PNC Park and Acrisure Stadium. We could not believe how easy it was to get parked and to the North Shore where the stadiums are. Felt very safe the whole time. The garage ended up costing $18 but that was fine because of the convenience and free subway ride.

We went to the Pirates game. Some Pirates fans talked some trash. Our fans were loud and vocal with the VOL chants. They played Sweet Home Alabama and showed VOL fans on the Jumbotron. I hear they played Rocky Top after we left. They should be glad Tennessee fans were there. Probably the biggest crowd they’ve had this season for their crappy baseball team.

This is our first time in Pittsburgh. I’m very impressed with the city. Easy to get around and cool city. Had the famous Primanti Brothers original pastrami sandwich. Was amazing!

I honestly think Pitt fans are going to be shocked at how many Tennessee fans will be there taking over their rental park. We have painted the Town orange! Go Freaking VOLS!

We parked at Third Street Garage next to Market Square today. Walked about three blocks to the Gateway T subway station. Rode the free short ride under the river to the North Shore station. Got out and was right between PNC Park and Acrisure Stadium. We could not believe how easy it was to get parked and to the North Shore where the stadiums are. Felt very safe the whole time. The garage ended up costing $18 but that was fine because of the convenience and free subway ride.

We went to the Pirates game. Some Pirates fans talked some trash. Our fans were loud and vocal with the VOL chants. They played Sweet Home Alabama and showed VOL fans on the Jumbotron. I hear they played Rocky Top after we left. They should be glad Tennessee fans were there. Probably the biggest crowd they’ve had this season for their crappy baseball team.

This is our first time in Pittsburgh. I’m very impressed with the city. Easy to get around and cool city. Had the famous Primanti Brothers original pastrami sandwich. Was amazing!

I honestly think Pitt fans are going to be shocked at how many Tennessee fans will be there taking over their rental park. We have painted the Town orange! Go Freaking VOLS!
Awesome! We'll check it out tomorrow and might do the same. Thanks for the info!

Edit: And as always, GO VOLS

That’s a shame because PNC is a great park and a great experience. I love catching a game there.
He has no interest in putting a competitive product on the field. Tennessee fans had a significant presence in the stadium tonight because the locals have stopped showing up. It’s sad because it used to be a huge baseball town and is when they’re winning.

Reactions: Vol524 and tbwhhs
He has no interest in putting a competitive product on the field. Tennessee fans had a significant presence in the stadium tonight because the locals have stopped showing up. It’s sad because it used to be a huge baseball town and is when they’re winning.

I used to have to travel to Pittsburgh for work from time to time. In baseball season is plan my travel around a baseball game when possible. I could normally buy a ticket off someone on the bridge no problem. But I remember some time around 2014 I was there and the pirates were having a great season. I had a hell of a time finding a ticket over on the third base line. The fans definitely come when they are winning.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I used to have to travel to Pittsburgh for work from time to time. In baseball season is plan my travel around a baseball game when possible. I could normally buy a ticket off someone on the bridge no problem. But I remember some time around 2014 I was there and the pirates were having a great season. I had a hell of a time finding a ticket over on the third base line. The fans definitely come when they are winning.
As s Braves fan I remember some of the epic Braves - Pirates showdowns from the 90's.

Pittsburgh is a great sports town, it's a shame the way the Pirates are now being run.

Our road fans are much better than many of the pseudo wine and cheese “sit down” clowns at home games!
If you have the time and money to go to away games, you are a hard core fan that takes great pride in your team and really wants them to win.

Reactions: beachvol23
That’s a shame because PNC is a great park and a great experience. I love catching a game there.
Always been a Pirates fan since I was a kid and my first baseball card was a Willie Stargell card. I wish they had ownership that would have some ambition to make them competitive.

Reactions: DarthVol1
Always been a Pirates fan since I was a kid and my first baseball card was a Willie Stargell card. I wish they had ownership that would have some ambition to make them competitive.
Bottom Line Bob will never spend the money.

Reactions: DarthVol1
Being a Cards fan as well as a Vols fan I wish those attending had seen a Cards win. Hoping the Vols fare a whole lot better today with a win over Pitt!!!

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Several of our members are in Pittsburg. They have texted and said the city is covered with Vols fans..... So much for the shortage of allotted tickets...........Vols fans find a way.

200.gif

Every now and then I hear “We are Family” at some event and I always think of Stargell and the ‘79 Pirates. Fun team to watch and an amazing comeback in the Series.

Every now and then I hear “We are Family” at some event and I always think of Stargell and the ‘79 Pirates. Fun team to watch and an amazing comeback in the Series.
Haven’t thought of that team in years…..

Omar Moreno
Dave Parker
Phil Garner (Vol)
Bill Matlock
Tim Foli
Rennie Sennett
John Milner
The Candy Man Candalieria

they were fun

1662816215554.jpeg

Last edited:
Our road fans are much better than many of the pseudo wine and cheese “sit down” clowns at home games!
Typically a younger demographic who still has a pulse lol. Some of the atmosphere’s we’ve created on the road have been better than home games. 2014 OU game, despite the outcome was one of the most awesome scenes I’ve been a part of on the road. My boss at the time who is an OU alum and took us under his wing out there couldn’t stop commenting at how many fans we brought and how into it we were. Said that was the most opposing fans he has ever seen at a home game and while commending us, blasted OU fans for allowing that many tickets to wind up on the secondary market.

Reactions: beachvol23
Pittsburgh is a great sports town.
Glad to see Volnation respresenting.

VN Store

Back