Lot of folks on TOS suddenly saying it’s Pruitt

Should we have to be concerned about Pruitt ever leaving us if the Alabama job opens up? Is he another Lane Kiffin waiting for head off to his dream job?

Born and raised in Alabama. Played for the tide. Been with the program for 10 years now.

"Alabama is very special to me" - Pruitt

Reactions: 2 people
Lupoi makes $950,000 and I’m guessing Saban would sweeten the pot if he tried to fly.

He'd offer the open DC positions Pruitt leaves. And he probably still leaves. Saban is exhausting by all accounts. People jump at any better offer once they learn the process.

Should we have to be concerned about Pruitt ever leaving us if the Alabama job opens up?

Born and raised in Alabama. Played for the tide. Been with the program for 10 years now.

Well, I hope he does well enough at TN that Bama wants him. I can live with that

Reactions: 4 people
Should we have to be concerned about Pruitt ever leaving us if the Alabama job opens up?

If he does, its because he did better here than Dabo has done at Clemson already. That's one of those good problems to have.

Should we have to be concerned about Pruitt ever leaving us if the Alabama job opens up? Is he another Lane Kiffin waiting for head off to his dream job?

Of course its possible, but thats a chance you have to take. You never know what is going to happen.

He'd offer the open DC positions Pruitt leaves. And he probably still leaves. Saban is exhausting by all accounts. People jump at any better offer once they learn the process.

I think so as well. I would think Pruitt and Lupoi are tighter than with Saban. Pruitt could coach secondary, Lupoi LBs

Of course its possible, but thats a chance you have to take. You never know what is going to happen.

If Pruitt gets the job, I would just like to see Tennessee protect itself more than they did with Kiffin.

If Alabama want's to come calling, they need to be prepared to pay for taking our coach.

Reactions: 1 person
Pruitt with Tosh Lupoi and Tee Martin would be the best really......well best is my subjective opinion.

the 3 would be by far the best recruiters in the nation..........heck Martin and Lupoi are the two best right now......and Pruitt has been one of the best.

Not to mention Tee's O is better suited for Tennessee (in the SEC) than almost anyone else mentioned.....geared more towards execution than motions and trickery. Run heavy, duel back field, and down field passing, with a down TE......right up the Tennessee ally.

Agreed! That would be a helluva start to an elite recruiting staff. And I bet Pruitt won't stop with elite at those 2 coaching positions. He has contacts everywhere and could assemble one of the best staffs in the country. Hopefully he gets the coaching pool to do that, which I'm betting he will. That really excites me.

If Pruitt gets the job, I would just like to see Tennessee protect itself more than they did with Kiffin.

If Alabama want's to come calling, they need to be prepared to pay for taking our coach.

Dabo gets picked way before Pruitt for Bama coaches. They go after Pruitt first only if he brings multiple NC's to TN.

Jeremy Pruitt (born May 28, 1974) is the defensive coordinator for the Alabama Crimson Tide football team.[1] He was the secondary coach for the Alabama Crimson Tide from 2010 to 2012 and won two national championships. Pruitt left Alabama and became Florida State's defensive coordinator in 2013, where he won a third national championship with the Seminoles.[2] In his only season as defensive coordinator, his defense was 1st in the nation in scoring defense (10.7 ppg), 3rd in the nation in total defense (248.2 ypg), 2nd in the nation in passing defense, and 1st in the nation in interceptions (26). Pruitt was a 2013 finalist for the Broyles Award, given annually to the nation's top college football assistant coach, and is again a finalist in 2016. He played college football at Middle Tennessee and Alabama.

His worst Defense in the last 7 yrs was ranked 16th in the country. 3 Natty's during that span. 2 at Bama and 1 at Florida st.

Bring him in!

:loco:

Reactions: 2 people
Dabo is lined up for that job. If he is so successful here that Bama wants him, he either beat Saban or he beat Dabo, we will have been a great team at that point.

How certain are we that Dabo wants the job? I don't think it's as obvious as everyone is making it seem.

Dabo is building a legacy for himself at Clemson, at Alabama he would just be fighting to escape Saban's shadow, along with all the expectations that come with following the best football coach in College Football history.

Also, consider the caliber of competition between the two conferences. It's a slug fest just to make it to the playoffs from the SEC. In the ACC, Dabo has to beat Miami and who else? Maybe VT?

No matter which way you look at this, it doesn't seem like a great move for Dabo.

Jeremy Pruitt is a great coach. I never thought I would say I would like someone with ties to Bama.....but I am now. 3 national championships and is defenses are tops.

Great dc but not about Pruitt as a head coach. Would prefer venables or Tucker.

Venables is from the ACC..and we'd be stealing Pruitt from an SEC foe. We NEED a great recruiter..and Pruitt fits the bill...and he knows what winning in the SEC is like.

VN Store

Back