Losing is a DISEASE !!!!!!!!!!

Bluetick7578

All jokes aside the program is in serious trouble losing the first two is bad but the teams we lost too is even worse. To many excuses being made at this point and the worst one is we are young SMH. Young players that lose will turn into older players that lose ask the Cleveland Browns. CJP inherited Butch's kids also an excuse he took the job knowing the toilet was broke and part of his job is to fix it. Creating false expectation with themselves and the fan base we all knew this would not be an over night thing but you got to win the games you are supposed to win.
Losing to a 26 point underdog is bad for a program to is trying to regroup. We have to beat an SEC team that we are outmatched against to help build confidence they have to believe in each other. These young practice together and they know who is able to do what yet buddy ball and playing favorites doesnt help build confidence. Make your best players team captains guys that are not just good players but have committed all the way in to UT. Being an ex ball player myself I know that the more they lose the less they will care the less the fan base will care and thats bad for recruiting.

Reactions: TBtheGBwiththeTD
Losing is not a disease but I completey agree with what you are saying. Losing is emotionally draining. There is some upsides to losing though. When a team loses it shows everyone exactly where you stand wheather you like it or not. If you can learn from losing and turn it into motivation to get better, instead of dwelling on the loses, losing can be a very powerful tool that in the end makes your team even better then you might have been, had you won every game. Losing isn't a disease, making excuses and quit is the disease.

Losing is not a disease but I completey agree with what you are saying. Losing is emotionally draining. There is some upsides to losing though. When a team loses it shows everyone exactly where you stand wheather you like it or not. If you can learn from losing and turn it into motivation to get better, instead of dwelling on the loses, losing can be a very powerful tool that in the end makes your team even better then you might have been, had you won every game. Losing isn't a disease, making excuses and quit is the disease.
A select few on this board will even comprehend what you are saying.

Tennessee football has mastered losing in all shapes and forms for the last decade. Eventually you think the cycle would end or flip the other way

Reactions: BreatheUT
“Losing is a DISEASE !!!!!!!!!!”

Can we start the 12 steps now?

All jokes aside the program is in serious trouble losing the first two is bad but the teams we lost too is even worse. To many excuses being made at this point and the worst one is we are young SMH. Young players that lose will turn into older players that lose ask the Cleveland Browns. CJP inherited Butch's kids also an excuse he took the job knowing the toilet was broke and part of his job is to fix it. Creating false expectation with themselves and the fan base we all knew this would not be an over night thing but you got to win the games you are supposed to win.
Losing to a 26 point underdog is bad for a program to is trying to regroup. We have to beat an SEC team that we are outmatched against to help build confidence they have to believe in each other. These young practice together and they know who is able to do what yet buddy ball and playing favorites doesnt help build confidence. Make your best players team captains guys that are not just good players but have committed all the way in to UT. Being an ex ball player myself I know that the more they lose the less they will care the less the fan base will care and thats bad for recruiting.
giphy-38.gif

There is logic in what you are suggesting, but we beat Ky and Auburn.........what happen there? I really believe our "talent level" is very low, look at some of the freshman that played Saturday.......they are ballers, and now look at the juniors, that shouldn't be happening.............losing can become habitual. Actually, I believe that is what got in JG's head.........he is trying not to lose, holding that ball too long, too tight, behind the receivers, missing obvious blitzes........he is trying so hard to make that big play, he is missing the little things...............jmo.

Go Vols!!

Reactions: Bluetick7578
so BVS isn't real...whew, do I feel better now...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT UTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Losing an unexpected game as an anomaly, yes.
This program is way past that. Losing becoming a mindset is the real issue.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
There is logic in what you are suggesting, but we beat Ky and Auburn.........what happen there? I really believe our "talent level" is very low, look at some of the freshman that played Saturday.......they are ballers, and now look at the juniors, that shouldn't be happening.............losing can become habitual. Actually, I believe that is what got in JG's head.........he is trying not to lose, holding that ball too long, too tight, behind the receivers, missing obvious blitzes........he is trying so hard to make that big play, he is missing the little things...............jmo.

Go Vols!!
That's the point at one spot during last season we almost turned it around but we didnt the lost to MIssouri at home was heartbreaking I personally thought the Dline which was maybe our best unit last year would dominate being their last home game. Then the unmotivated play against Vanderbilt was sad to watch we all could tell they had checked out and it has carried over into this season. Hence I say losing is a disease

Reactions: FlyFishnVol

VN Store

Back