Looks Like Oku Had A Good Weekend

According to the girl, he helped tape her. That's fairly troubling. Even in his interviews, Hood himself has admitted the terribleness of the event.

He was 13 and I'm sure he does feel bad about it. The girl even came forward and vouched for him...why even bring it up??

He was 13 and I'm sure he does feel bad about it. The girl even came forward and vouched for him...why even bring it up??

It's a way for him to show his disdain for a coach that left for a better, higher paying job

I don't think any coach is to "blame" for recruits that don't turn out. it happens..

33% of Saban's 2008 # 1 rated class are not on the roster any longer. Just the way recruiting works.. 30-40% end up not completing their eligibility for almost all signing classes. Doesn't means anyone si to blame for that. Its just part of how this all works out.

SEC Average for signing classes 2002-2010 is 37% left before using up eligibility.

I agree with you LWS. You cant make them act like grownups and make them go to class. You cant keep an eye on them 24/7, you just have to have trust that they were raised right and can make the right decisions. They are on their own for the first time and some just arent mature enough to handle it. Not to mention the players Kiffin recruited and got were also recruited by just about everyone, so hes not the only one recruiting these type players. I mean who didnt want OKU,Richardson,Myles and other players. I just have never understood fans blaming Kiffin for these players when most big name coachs and schools recruited them also. I am not a Kiffin fan in the least but also am reasonable and know all our problems dont fall on him. Hes just an easy target fans want to blame.

Sounds to me like your inclusion of Hood is to show that he is both an "a-hole" and "scum"

Then I stand corrected. I guess I did not mean to lump him in generically as an a-hole or scum, but many on that list are likely just that. I think I just started listing the legal troubles in the class and I included my feelings for the likes of Myles and Nu'Keese and Hood got rolled under the bus a little.

Personally, I actually wish the best for Hood. I can't myself imagine the horror of that situation, but it was in fact a while ago and at a very young age. I have no problem with our staff giving him a chance, and all indications are that he is doing a good job with it. There is no denying how bad his past is though, not even he thought he'd merit a chance like this (his words).

I hope that clears up my personal feelings for Hood. I'd have a beer and watch a game with him.

From that pic....William Doss deserves to be in jail simply for that F'd up hair style.

Then I stand corrected. I guess I did not mean to lump him in generically as an a-hole or scum, but many on that list are likely just that. I think I just started listing the legal troubles in the class and I included my feelings for the likes of Myles and Nu'Keese and Hood got rolled under the bus a little.

Personally, I actually wish the best for Hood. I can't myself imagine the horror of that situation, but it was in fact a while ago and at a very young age. I have no problem with our staff giving him a chance, and all indications are that he is doing a good job with it. There is no denying how bad his past is though, not even he thought he'd merit a chance like this (his words).

I hope that clears up my personal feelings for Hood. I'd have a beer and watch a game with him.

:salute:

My view on him is that he's one of the rare cases where people who have been involved with sexual assault/rape really do change. As of a few months ago he'd been dating a girl from Catholic for 3-4 years. Hell, if her Dad can trust him, there's no reason I can't. I'm glad we gave him this opportunity. For once it puts us in a good light.

I actually think it was one of the best things Kiffin did.

Don't really need help from a Kiffin disciple. Thanks anyway.

What did I say that was wrong? I simply don't blame him for taking another job. If I was Bo Pelini at Nebraska I'd have left there after 1 year to take the Tennessee job, no matter how great of a job it is in Lincoln.

Another Maurice Clarette dumbass of the year award winner. All the talent in the world, and throws it all away. He will realize what he gave up when he turns 40.

apples to oranges, imo

meh.. I disagree. These young athletes that do stuff like this are throwing away a future that you and I can only dream of. A kid like this unfortunately has never heard the word "no" in his lifetime. That is one of many reasons that I have such high respect for coach Dooley. Unfortunately, he will be unable to correct years of neglect at a youngster's life. Just ask Randy Shannon... I hope coach D's outcome is better. But nonetheless, I understand your position, I just disagree with it.

GBO

the bolded portion is absolutely ludicrous. Kiffin spent much of his early time salvaging Fulmer's recruits or letting them go if it was clear that they had no business on our roster. The vast majority of that class was Fulmer's recruiting.

I'm not laying any blame for Oku's personal issues at Fulmer's feet. Some of that a coach can't control and he hasn't been coaching the kid, but he certainly played a large part in Oku becoming a Vol.

Oku becoming a vol, not a Fulmer-ite. Geez if that was the case.Every school that offers players a scholly is at fault? No just the ones who get them to SIGN the letter of intent.

:thumbsup:
I agree with you LWS. You cant make them act like grownups and make them go to class. You cant keep an eye on them 24/7, you just have to have trust that they were raised right and can make the right decisions. They are on their own for the first time and some just arent mature enough to handle it. Not to mention the players Kiffin recruited and got were also recruited by just about everyone, so hes not the only one recruiting these type players. I mean who didnt want OKU,Richardson,Myles and other players. I just have never understood fans blaming Kiffin for these players when most big name coachs and schools recruited them also. I am not a Kiffin fan in the least but also am reasonable and know all our problems dont fall on him. Hes just an easy target fans want to blame.

meh.. I disagree. These young athletes that do stuff like this are throwing away a future that you and I can only dream of. A kid like this unfortunately has never heard the word "no" in his lifetime. That is one of many reasons that I have such high respect for coach Dooley. Unfortunately, he will be unable to correct years of neglect at a youngster's life. Just ask Randy Shannon... I hope coach D's outcome is better. But nonetheless, I understand your position, I just disagree with it.

GBO

Clarrett actually had a lot of potential. Oku wasn't that great. He probably needed to leave in order to get PT. Also, depending on what all comes out, I don't know that this charge would be serious enough to get him booted, if he hasn't had any other problems.

Oku becoming a vol, not a Fulmer-ite. Geez if that was the case.Every school that offers players a scholly is at fault? No just the ones who get them to SIGN the letter of intent.

Ugh. Seriously, it was one sentence before the one you emphasized.

the bolded portion is absolutely ludicrous. Kiffin spent much of his early time salvaging Fulmer's recruits or letting them go if it was clear that they had no business on our roster. The vast majority of that class was Fulmer's recruiting.

I'm not laying any blame for Oku's personal issues at Fulmer's feet. Some of that a coach can't control and he hasn't been coaching the kid, but he certainly played a large part in Oku becoming a Vol.

I realize that but it's funny how he's only listed as a Kiffin thug

He will have to be charged with murder or manslaughter or just plain stomp somebody in the face with spikes on to be linked more with Fulmer.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

No it didn't. It started with me saying that Kiffin's 1 class was hilarious and he probably left so he wouldn't have to deal with the a-holes he brought in.

Notice that I didn't distinguish who recruited him and don't care to blame anyone. I am merely stating that the class brought in with Kiffin is more full of problems than any I've ever seen (blame both or either former coaches if that floats your boat)

Bryce Brown (family drama)
Janzen (gas station?)
Darren Myles (hit a cop to top off a nice rapsheet)
Oku (domestic violence)
Nu'Keese (gas station)
Mike Edwards (gas station)
Daniel Hood (involved in sodomizing a family member...hopefully on a better track)

Who cares who is responsible for all this scum? I merely bring to people's attention how much scum can be in one class.

maybe you should look in the mirror when calling people scum.

Darren Myles wouldnt classify as scum. How many college males have been arrested multiple times for alcohol-related things? He didnt kill anyone, or hit anyone. He drank too much and acted a fool. Hell I have a fraternity brother who was arrested 3 birthdays in a row.

Darren Myles wouldnt classify as scum. How many college males have been arrested multiple times for alcohol-related things? He didnt kill anyone, or hit anyone. He drank too much and acted a fool. Hell I have a fraternity brother who was arrested 3 birthdays in a row.

Darren Myles most recent arrest involved striking a police officer in an attempt to break free and flee. If your frat bro did that, he'd likely no longer be at UT, much as Mr. Myles.

This thread is brutal. a blame game on Fulmer vs. Kiffin then a Daniel Hood argument. yikes

VN Store

Back