Looks like Bama just repeated as Recruiting MNC

Espn still says al 5th.
This is screwy with soo many having diff rankings.
I just don't want them no 1... Esp now that they think they are
Posted via VolNation Mobile

LSU will overtake them and Lacy and Sentimore won't qualify.

Lacy's coach told BOL mods that if Lacy finished the last half of the year with a B average he would make it. He has the act part. Trent Richardson and Eddie Lacy and Mark Ingram, thats an exciting backfield. Havent heard anything official about Sentimore. I think he is close per some inside speculation. But really dont know.

BTW ut had a very positive push today. I think clk did shock some people. It's gonna be a fun ride the next few years.:)

If you were a Bama fan Duckhook you would have been basting Saban in his first recruiting season. Now you are basking in his recruiting glow. Enough already.

What can I say except that every kid wants to play for Saban. We had to turn down several 4 star players because there just wasn't room. Hail Saban!!!

Florida and Georgia aren't light on talent either.

Boys and girls, these four teams will be the top shelf SEC programs for the next few years at least.

So as the dust settles, we had a better than expected recruiting day, but still ranked #23 per Rivals (before Janzen, so I assume that should go up a bit). But the big powers in the SEC (Bama, Florida, Georgia, and LSU) all had TOP 10 classes, with Bama celebrating back to back recruiting "titles."

How will all of this shake out on the field? Do we have the talent to go with CLK's system and to hang with the major teams on the field?

What a lie... Saban did not turn anyone away, they signed 27 and tried hard for atleast 7 others. Catch a clue
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This rankings business is pablum for coach potatoes. What matters is whether the program was able to address its needs. In Bama's case, all needs were addressed except our desire for another DB. (Thanks to TN for hogging Myles & Jackson... :mad: )

BTW, I don't buy the "no interest in playing Utah" angle. Bama was very, very thin last year, and fortunately had an almost injury-free year. We had no answer for the loss of our starting RT, and it showed. I think the desire to win was there, but (a) Utah's D out-quicked us; and (b) our passing game wasn't able to produce. Best team won. But, I think Bama will be deeper and more talented in '09.

I think bama has like 21-22 Linebackers on the team, pretty amazing but how did they talk playing time with these new recruits; Last year was awful i think they had a parade and let school out the next day after NSD, I don't know what they will do this year probably sell shirts that say "Back to Back NSD Champs"

VN Store

Back