Looking to take my family to vols baseball game.

Foggerman

Hello all. I’m looking for some advice, tips, tricks, do’s and don’t s about a Tennessee Vols baseball game. My son is 11, and loves baseball. My daughter is soon to be 13 and is starting to look at schools and what not. I’ve been a vols fan all my life, although I’ve never been to Neyland or a baseball game at Knoxville. I’m lookin for 4 tickets preferably together. I’m originally from the west Tennessee area. If there is anyone or anybody that has some advice, or tickets they don’t want, or I could buy that would be extremely helpful, or general where to sit, where to eat, what to do before, and after the game etc etc etc. I work every other weekend so my time is limited and we will be trying to work this in around travel baseball too. Busy busy busy. Thanks for yalls time and help in making this a special trip.

This thread is really good during the season, any particular dates you have in mind? Early in the season lots of tickets are typically available as the weather can be a bit chilly.

Thread
Tickets for Sale or Free

You’ll have better luck closer to the start of the season too.

Ok. Thank you. I was looking at the late March/April time frame.
Basically was going to make it a weekend type deal. Maybe go a baseball game Friday and Saturday. Hoping to tour Neyland Stadium on Saturday if that’s available on the weekend. Want my kids to enjoy theirselves and learn a little about the school, college sports, etc etc etc. I’ve been to Knoxville but it’s been 25 years ago or more I guess. I’m sure it’s a changed a lot and probably unrecognizable from what I remember. I do remember seeing the tower from the worlds fair the last time I was there. Good to see it’s still there. Based off the pictures and research I been doing.

Ok. Thank you. I was looking at the late March/April time frame.
Basically was going to make it a weekend type deal. Maybe go a baseball game Friday and Saturday. Hoping to tour Neyland Stadium on Saturday if that’s available on the weekend. Want my kids to enjoy theirselves and learn a little about the school, college sports, etc etc etc. I’ve been to Knoxville but it’s been 25 years ago or more I guess. I’m sure it’s a changed a lot and probably unrecognizable from what I remember. I do remember seeing the tower from the worlds fair the last time I was there. Good to see it’s still there. Based off the pictures and research I been doing.

OldTimer offers good advice as to a way to get tickets. That thread will start to have posters once we get closer to the season. I used it several times last year. As to Neyland tours, I have no idea. I did look on UT’s website. Currently, it says no tours are being offered but gives an email address for inquiries - utevents@utk.edu. Incidentally, your time frame is during the conference games portion of the schedule. If you can get tickets, it will be a truly awesome experience! Nothing better in college baseball than the BaseVols! Good luck!

Last edited:
Thank you. Hopefully we can score some decent tickets and have a great little family getaway.

Welcome to the board and happy Thanksgiving! OT and other posters are spot on. As it gets closer to the season tickets become available. They’re aren’t really any bad seats at LNS and the SEC portion of the schedule will be packed. I definitely back checking here first, people here just want Orange in the seats.

Off the top of the head, I’m not sure when the football spring game is, not sure if we have a home baseball series that weekend, but that seems to fit your criteria.

The worst case scenario…show up, pay the scalpers and enjoy. Good luck and post often.

GBO!!!

Reactions: taylorvol
Thanks for the replies. I hope I don’t have to go the scalper route honestly. I didn’t even think anything of the spring game, that would be awesome to see baseball and the spring game all in the same weekend. I will look into those dates more. Thanks. Keep the ideas and information coming fellas. I need all the help I can get.

There was a time when no one would believe that a regular season baseball game would be the hottest ticket in Knoxville.

Ok fellas. I’ve been checking here periodically and with the season about to kick off(may have already, not sure) I’m looking to try and finalize some plans if we can make this work out. The spring game is set for 4-15-23. Was looking to maybe catch a game either Thursday(13th) or Friday(14th) if the vols will be playing in Knoxville. I haven’t seen the baseball schedule so this may be asking for a miracle. Any and all help or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Ok fellas. I’ve been checking here periodically and with the season about to kick off(may have already, not sure) I’m looking to try and finalize some plans if we can make this work out. The spring game is set for 4-15-23. Was looking to maybe catch a game either Thursday(13th) or Friday(14th) if the vols will be playing in Knoxville. I haven’t seen the baseball schedule so this may be asking for a miracle. Any and all help or advice is appreciated. Thanks.
6FCF31E5-488F-4EA1-87BA-8E91213889CF.jpeg

Reactions: MAD
Thank you. Although my brain apparently isn’t working today. The April deal is a no go because of the kids and school. Their spring break is in March. So I was lookin at 2-28-23, and 3-1-23 games. Would like to attend both. If anyone has some mvp or good season tickets they would like to sell, I might be interested. Was looking at stub hub, at levels A-E. I’d prefer B-D honestly. Closer to the field the better I would think. If anybody has something of this nature, and doesn’t want them or would like to sell them, I need 4 please. Preferably together. Thanks fellas.

Thank you. Although my brain apparently isn’t working today. The April deal is a no go because of the kids and school. Their spring break is in March. So I was lookin at 2-28-23, and 3-1-23 games. Would like to attend both. If anyone has some mvp or good season tickets they would like to sell, I might be interested. Was looking at stub hub, at levels A-E. I’d prefer B-D honestly. Closer to the field the better I would think. If anybody has something of this nature, and doesn’t want them or would like to sell them, I need 4 please. Preferably together. Thanks fellas.
2011317C-F7E5-401F-8C57-6F1BE19A6179.jpeg072E4B82-9D87-490B-BF5D-A6369F1BE3B9.jpeg

Thanks chuckiepoo. I am looking at the 2/28 and 3/1 games. As I’ve mentioned prior, where is the best place to stay, in town, outskirts of town? I remember Knoxville having a lot of one way streets, granted that was probably 20+ years ago. I’m not against walking around. Where are some good places to eat? Not necessarily into the bar scene, with an 11, and 13 year old. I’m too old to party myself. Although I enjoy a good meal and a beer. Any ideas or places to eat, things to see, places to stay etc. We are looking at driving up Monday 2/27, and coming home Thursday 3/2. So we will have a little time for sight seeing and what not. My daughter may tour the university. Would definitely like to tour Neyland Stadium. Tour Neyland, and attend 2 games is all I wanna do, well that and eat some good grub. BBQ. Steak. Seafood. We ain’t real picky. Hahaha.

I’d love to see TonyV play a Tuesday game in Jackson & Wednesday game in Nashville vs a Middle Tennessee or Memphis for fans who can’t get to Knoxville.

That would be nice wmcovol. It’s looking grim now. Usually my kids spring break is the 1st 2 weeks in March. Has been the last couple years anyway. This year their break doesn’t start until the 13th. My daughter has a beach trip planned in that time period. So it’s looking bleak now for sure. We will get there one day. Just gotta fit it in somewhere. Thanks to all who offered up ideas and everything. I appreciate it everybody, even if we can’t go this time, we can use these ideas for a future trip. Thanks fellas.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Thanks chuckiepoo. I am looking at the 2/28 and 3/1 games. As I’ve mentioned prior, where is the best place to stay, in town, outskirts of town? I remember Knoxville having a lot of one way streets, granted that was probably 20+ years ago. I’m not against walking around. Where are some good places to eat? Not necessarily into the bar scene, with an 11, and 13 year old. I’m too old to party myself. Although I enjoy a good meal and a beer. Any ideas or places to eat, things to see, places to stay etc. We are looking at driving up Monday 2/27, and coming home Thursday 3/2. So we will have a little time for sight seeing and what not. My daughter may tour the university. Would definitely like to tour Neyland Stadium. Tour Neyland, and attend 2 games is all I wanna do, well that and eat some good grub. BBQ. Steak. Seafood. We ain’t real picky. Hahaha.

Places to stay depends on many factors, such as budget. Calhouns on the River is a walk, a good walk. If you all stay downtown and have the time, all kinds of great food and Sweet P’s has good Q, but there’s plenty of other food options. There’s all manner of hotels, but staying downtown can be pricey, where are you coming from?

We’re coming from North Mississippi. About 7-8hrs counting the time change. Im not opposed to staying downtown, I was looking at Airbnb’s, hotels, etc etc etc. I really wasn’t looking to spend over $125/night max. I saw several places, they said it was a “minutes” walk, that could be deceiving. 5 mins or 35 mins. Hahahaha.

I wasn’t sure I’d a hotel would be better, and just park the car and walk everywhere or what. Im sure parking is at a premium around town there.

I wasn’t sure I’d a hotel would be better, and just park the car and walk everywhere or what. Im sure parking is at a premium around town there.
Stay near Turkey Creek, lots of shopping and restaurants and hotels. Nice area. If you need any help I'd be happy to. Sweet Ps downtown bbq is a must, very good. Calhoun's is fine for scenery but the food doesn't touch Sweet Ps.

There are a couple hotels around the Papermill exit, easy access to the interstate, plenty of food options and all. That gets ya’ll a tad bit closer to campus. The walking everywhere can really only be a hotel on campus or downtown, lots of construction on campus right now, I’ll report back after Wednesday’s game.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Thanks for the ideas and where to eat and all. Will definitely keep all this in mind and remember this. This trip isn’t likely going to happen, but you never know. We will get a week/weekend where everything can line up maybe. Keep the info coming fellas. Im taking notes. 😁

Reactions: vol66
Thanks for the ideas and where to eat and all. Will definitely keep all this in mind and remember this. This trip isn’t likely going to happen, but you never know. We will get a week/weekend where everything can line up maybe. Keep the info coming fellas. Im taking notes. 😁

Hope ya can make it. We most definitely will keep ya posted, it’s a thing.

GBO!!!

VN Store

Back