Looking for Pons to be the biggest surprise of 2019-20 season

Clearly, Pons reads VolNation. Proud of that guy. That effort on the boards tonight vs Bama was what he should be shooting for night in and night out. 14 pts and 14 rebs. It really is about effort and aggression a lot of times, and he showed plenty of both, tonight, on the glass.
Yep. I was ecstatic with his rebounding, got some man rebounds out there

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I wouldn't go that far, but this performance shows he can be a decent rebounder. Our postseason fate I think rests more in Plasvic earning more than 8-10 mins of playtime.our big 4 all played 33+ minutes tonight. Vescovi, Pons and Bowden all played 38-39 mins. That is not sustainable. Interesting is 8 of Pons' rebounds were offensive. To come from 15 points down is impressive but the fact coaches couldn't trust others to play more than a few minutes in relief of our 4 main starters is worrying.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I wouldn't go that far, but this performance shows he can be a decent rebounder. Our postseason fate I think rests more in Plasvic earning more than 8-10 mins of playtime.our big 4 all played 33+ minutes tonight. Vescovi, Pons and Bowden all played 38-39 mins. That is not sustainable. Interesting is 8 of Pons' rebounds were offensive. To come from 15 points down is impressive but the fact coaches couldn't trust others to play more than a few minutes in relief of our 4 main starters is worrying.
Look at the last couple years and I think you will see the same. CRB appears to shorten his bench as the season progresses.

With James out how many more options did they have?

Johnson and Gaines both played double digit minutes, that leaves Plavsic and Pember...Plavsic REALLY struggles defensively against quicker guys, every time he was in Alabama went right at him, not sure that giving him more minutes last night would’ve been a winning strategy.

If James plays that’s 30 minutes, that 7-8 less minutes each for those 4 main guys.

I see what u guys are saying but I meant just the Alabama game was what I was referring too that's what id hope would be an outlier. We should not be playing 4-5 guys 30+ minutes a game regularly. This game I think/hope was an outlier because it is unsustainable. Barnes really wanted to win the game and he knew he could only really trust those 4. I get it. Hopefully, we won't be in situations like this going forward and hopefully, Plasvic can get out of the doghouse

VN Store

Back