Looking back, looking forward

One thing I meant to address:

Barnes will likely be replacing an assistant coach. Finding someone to fill that spot who can bring some offensive firepower/consistency to the table would be huge.

Sweet 16 with this roster and no ZZ? Hell, I'll take that every day. This group of seniors is gone. Time for some new blood. I'm excited to see what all those new faces bring to the table not to mention what we might land from the portal. For better or worse, I'm ready for changes.

Reactions: spyfish007
Hypothetical question…….if a player wants to come back but the coach doesn’t want him to, how does that conversation go? Just thinking about some of our “maybe” players for next yr……

There is a low percentage of TN fans asking for Barnes to be fired. There is a high percentage of TN fans (also national analysts & writers) who think Barnes does less with more in March, meaning the ceiling is a sweet 16. I don’t consider that fan a Negavol. Many UNC fans doubted Dean Smith until Michael Jordan and co. won the title in 1982. It took an other 11 yrs for Dean to get his second.
NC was a dynasty before Dean Smith and MJ were born!

There is a low percentage of TN fans asking for Barnes to be fired. There is a high percentage of TN fans (also national analysts & writers) who think Barnes does less with more in March, meaning the ceiling is a sweet 16. I don’t consider that fan a Negavol. Many UNC fans doubted Dean Smith until Michael Jordan and co. won the title in 1982. It took an other 11 yrs for Dean to get his second.
Here is the key: We need to find the next Michael Jordan. Problem solved

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
So far...we have had little to no impact from the portal / transfers in the Barnes Era. I have a hard time believing this year will be different.

Best case scenario everyone gets better (our player development has been very good to great in the Barnes era), ZZ bounces back, and freshmen play well - 22-10 5-6 seed. Worst case scenario everyone remains the same, 19-13 10 seed.

Barnes is consistently consistent!

VN Store

Back