Looking back at the 2015 class

Jennings will more than likely get a shot in the NFL and I believe Taylor will as well so that would pull it up to seven out of 32 or 22%.

Let’s see....

Micah Abernathy ★★★★
Chance Hall ★★★
Jauan Jennings ★★★★
Alvin Kamara ★★★★
John Kelly ★★★
Riley Lovingood ★★
Kyle Phillips ★★★★★
Drew Richmond ★★★★
Quart'e Sapp ★★★★
Darrell Taylor ★★★★
Shy Tuttle ★★★★

These guys contributed meaningfully. Kamara, Kelly, Taylor and Jennings were the only studs. Shy would’ve been a stud if not for that POS UGA lineman. Drew Richmond is only on here because he started so many games. I think he just had another false start penalty as we speak. Yikes. Also.....SO. MANY. TRANSFERS.

Edit: Kahlil should be on here, but yeah, legend in his own mind as someone above me stated.

The ONLY guys on that list who contributed meaningfully in a positive way towards SEC victories are: Jennings...AK...JK...Tuttle...and Hall when he was healthy.
Abernathy single-handedly LOST at least 2 SEC games for us if not more--his name should forever be TOAST.

Phillips, Richmond, Sapp, and Taylor---- These guys would've never seen the field on ANY Vol team from 1991-2007!

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
Jennings will more than likely get a shot in the NFL and I believe Taylor will as well so that would pull it up to seven out of 32 or 22%.
taylor gooden and dwa are the 3 guys that at least have the measurables that nfl teams want. if they have close to productive years, then all three have a legit shot at getting drafted. Taylor is probably the top of that list.

some others that could find their way on draft day...Jennings and Callaway, but WR is tough. i think both would be late round picks. Jennings has a different skill set, and would need to find the right fit. he's hines ward, not julio jones.....and there's a place for hines ward in the NFL.....Callaway, and i don't mean this to sound as bad as it does, but is a dime a dozen...he's not overly fast, but has good size and good hands. he's a possession receiver....reminds me of a Funchess type WR in the NFL....again, there's a place for him, but it would require the right situation.

others that could with a really productive year would be guys like Warrior or Bitulli. on offense...trey smith is a sure fire draft pick but his medical issues are what htey are....and that will dictate obviously.

i think that's about it? you could make a case for a couple of hte transfers too...Gibbs, Solomon or Kennedy could all find their way to draft day with really productive seasons....

long way to go.

I would not be surprised if a guy or two out of the class pulls a Kamara. The class was robbed of development.

Yes, it would be a huge step up for both of our programs to fail like Georgia.
This is what Tennessee did all through the 90's and early 2000's with Fulmer and Florida. Georgia has trouble getting past Bama and we had trouble getting past Florida.

This is what Tennessee did all through the 90's and early 2000's with Fulmer and Florida. Georgia has trouble getting past Bama and we had trouble getting past Florida.

And now we have trouble getting by Vandy.

Thanks, but I’ll take the 90s and the one Natty any day over the present.

In light of the Draft, it's interesting to look back at that 2015 signing class that was ranked No. 4 in the nation and No. 2 in the SEC.

Micah Abernathy ★★★★
Venzell Boulware ★★★
Jocquez Bruce ★★★
Andrew Butcher ★★★★
Quinten Dormady ★★★★
Stephen Griffin ★★★
Chance Hall ★★★
Jauan Jennings ★★★★
Jack Jones ★★★★
Sheriron Jones ★★★★
Alvin Kamara ★★★★
John Kelly ★★★
Darrin Kirkland Jr. ★★★★
Riley Lovingood ★★
Justin Martin ★★★★
Kahlil McKenzie ★★★★★
Darrell Miller ★★★
Kyle Oliver ★★★
Vincent Perry ★★★
Kyle Phillips ★★★★★
Quay Picou ★★★
Drew Richmond ★★★★
Quart'e Sapp ★★★★
Austin Smith ★★★
Zach Stewart ★★★
Darrell Taylor ★★★★
Tommy Townsend ★★★
Shy Tuttle ★★★★
Preston Williams ★★★★
Joe Young ★★

Still shocked and having a hard time believing all the misses and critical injuries in this class. Grateful for their efforts...It’s undeniable that it IS ALL ABOUT THE JIMMYS AND JOES

In light of the Draft, it's interesting to look back at that 2015 signing class that was ranked No. 4 in the nation and No. 2 in the SEC.

Micah Abernathy ★★★★
Venzell Boulware ★★★
Jocquez Bruce ★★★
Andrew Butcher ★★★★
Quinten Dormady ★★★★
Stephen Griffin ★★★
Chance Hall ★★★
Jauan Jennings ★★★★
Jack Jones ★★★★
Sheriron Jones ★★★★
Alvin Kamara ★★★★
John Kelly ★★★
Darrin Kirkland Jr. ★★★★
Riley Lovingood ★★
Justin Martin ★★★★
Kahlil McKenzie ★★★★★
Darrell Miller ★★★
Kyle Oliver ★★★
Vincent Perry ★★★
Kyle Phillips ★★★★★
Quay Picou ★★★
Drew Richmond ★★★★
Quart'e Sapp ★★★★
Austin Smith ★★★
Zach Stewart ★★★
Darrell Taylor ★★★★
Tommy Townsend ★★★
Shy Tuttle ★★★★
Preston Williams ★★★★
Joe Young ★★

Interesting that two of the so called 5 star qbs transferred.

Interesting that two of the so called 5 star qbs transferred.
so called 5 star QBs?? You mean Hunter Johnson? He was 2016 iirc and never committed here. There was no other 5 star qb. We've never gotten a 5 star qb before (since mainstream rankings have existed, ~2000).

edit: just saw your post below. 4 star qbs are farrr from a surefire success. Most don't do much in fact.

VN Store

Back