Looking back at the 2015 class

In my head, I reply to almost every post lately with "we only had football meetings twice a week." Then I mentally apologize to every player that has donned the O&W for the last few regimes for the lack of development.
Incorrect ratings and sub par coaching will get you every time!

I do think it will be interesting to watch some of these undrafted players prove worthy. Also I still wouldn’t be surprised to see Kongbo make a roster.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I don’t think he has that kind of speed. Now if he has a good season this year, it will definitely help his draft stock. But I think he is going to have to have a really good season. 60 catches for 900+ and 9+ TDS plus a really good combine could get him drafted in the later rounds.

I sure hope he gets drafted and has a great career.
I dont think hes a burner by any means but i think he can break 4.6, and with his size and hands that should at least get him in the door.

Reactions: hbreaze
And while people point to Butch, and I don't necessarily disagree, look at a situation like Bryon Cowart. A 5* recruit out of Auburn, was a bust, transfers to Maryland and doesn't do much of anything, and still gets drafted.

For the most part, that class had a couple of cases where injuries were a factor, but it's still largely lacking in talent.

And quite frankly, I don't remember half of those guys even playing at Tennessee

I think he goes late rounds for sure as long as he can run sub 4.6 at the combine. Hes versatile, has the size, has big game clutch moments, hes a leader and has had solid production when healthy despite not having much help on offense at times. I think he has top end potential to make a starting rotation as the 3rd guy and at worst is a career special teams guy due to his passion, hustle and toughness.
He's tough as nails, but I can't imagine him running in the 4.5s.

Reactions: KBVol
Ask yourselves this: How can teams like Bama, Clemson, others, and not Georgia have high ranking classes and be successful with those classes? It's not all about busts!

Other than failing to win a national title, how has Georgia not been successful?

Reactions: 08Vol
In light of the Draft, it's interesting to look back at that 2015 signing class that was ranked No. 4 in the nation and No. 2 in the SEC.

Micah Abernathy ★★★★
Venzell Boulware ★★★
Jocquez Bruce ★★★
Andrew Butcher ★★★★
Quinten Dormady ★★★★
Stephen Griffin ★★★
Chance Hall ★★★
Jauan Jennings ★★★★
Jack Jones ★★★★
Sheriron Jones ★★★★
Alvin Kamara ★★★★
John Kelly ★★★
Darrin Kirkland Jr. ★★★★
Riley Lovingood ★★
Justin Martin ★★★★
Kahlil McKenzie ★★★★★
Darrell Miller ★★★
Kyle Oliver ★★★
Vincent Perry ★★★
Kyle Phillips ★★★★★
Quay Picou ★★★
Drew Richmond ★★★★
Quart'e Sapp ★★★★
Austin Smith ★★★
Zach Stewart ★★★
Darrell Taylor ★★★★
Tommy Townsend ★★★
Shy Tuttle ★★★★
Preston Williams ★★★★
Joe Young ★★

Very disappointing as a class.

Yeah--it lets all of us know that the folks responsible for ranking athletes are just guessing like the rest of us most of the time.....

I don’t agree. I think the resulting lack of high quality guys in this class points more to the lack of development than inadequate ratings. If you take this same class and put them with a good S&C coach, a good position coach, and a good HC, you may have a different outcome.

Reactions: 08Vol and eaglevol
Other than failing to win a national title, how has Georgia not been successful?

My bad Gator, I didn't mean to put "not Georgia". I meant to put "and not excluding" Georgia. My take was that Georgia is just as good (almost) as the National Champion programs.

When was last time Bama didn’t have a high ranking class?
My point Marine! They all have high graded recruiting classes and still win games. We have high recruiting classes but yet don't win near as many.

Over half that class didn't finish their careers as vols due to various reasons. Butch had to have one of the worst signee turnover rates in NCAA history. Add to that, thinking you can have a quality SEC football program with no real S&C coach to speak of... recipe for disaster. Probably the #1 reason for all the injuries as well.

Over half that class didn't finish their careers as vols due to various reasons. Butch had to have one of the worst signee turnover rates in NCAA history. Add to that, thinking you can have a quality SEC football program with no real S&C coach to speak of... recipe for disaster. Probably the #1 reason for all the injuries as well.

They broke the NCAA record one year with the most non starts due to injury for a first game starters and then broke their own record the next year. It must have been something to do with their practice, S&C habits etc... I think Pruitt alluded to something they were doing that his regime would not do.

The kids were under coached and/or misused. The main of us already know it. Can we let it go at that?

Very disappointing as a class.
Looking at that list maybe five of these guys started or played any meaningful minutes as a vol football player. Also responding to an above post the obvious lack of talent in this class and lack of coaching development but also no strength and conditioning coach for two years either. Just ridiculous how botch ran this program.

Regardless, Tennessee won’t have many players, if any, drafted next yr.

Took a trip in my DIY Tardis. Saw that we had a total of five Vols drafted. None in the first two rounds but a surprising showing in the third. Three from the offense and two from the defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Shy Tuttle was on his way to a very good freshman season in 2015 until the Georgia center (Brandon Kublanow) speared the back of his lower leg. He was never the same after that. Darrin Kirkland Jr also had a solid freshman season.... and you have the Jack Jones situation. Injuries played a part in this. Justin Martin, however, was just a really bad evaluation. Overrated doesn't begin to describe him. I feel like Kyle Phillips was just never properly coached and could still have a good pro career under the right tutelage.

NVM. Was thinking of Justin Coleman.

Last edited:
Same goes with Kahlil McKenzie, a football coach would have realized he was playing out of position.
He made an NFL roster as a guard, probably would have been great for Hurd to run behind.

Why do you think Jennings will get drafted?

Will be a 3 year starter (could have been 4 if not for the shitshow of 2017). No major injuries (knock on wood). Solid production despite below average QB play for much of his career. Tall. Big play ability. Good YAC ability. High points the ball well.

As long as he has a nice Senior season (40+ catches, 500+ yards) then he'll be drafted, imo.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back