Looking At The Relative Weakness Of The SEC This Season...

Dickens if we're both members here at this time next season I'm sure you'll have a totally different opinion. It's not like Andy is underachieving with a veteran team such as Pelphrey is at Arkansas. If Kennedy had that type of depth and experience they would be Elite 8 contenders. Look who they lost last season, just look. Warren is a spectacular player to go along with a nice supporting cast. I'm confident in Andy Kennedy's coaching abilities. Let me leave you by asking one question. Out of the 12 coaches in the SEC where would you rank Andy Kennedy?

The reason for that is simple. Rob Evans is the only person on that bench remotely qualified to be an SEC coach and Pelphrey hired him purely for window dressing. If Evans were the head coach, the Hogs would have no more than 3 SEC losses.
Wait a minute. Rob Evans was an SEC head coach and bombed out the Ole Miss and then ASU programs. Why is he on the Hogs bench again?

Dickens if we're both members here at this time next season I'm sure you'll have a totally different opinion. It's not like Andy is underachieving with a veteran team such as Pelphrey is at Arkansas. If Kennedy had that type of depth and experience they would be Elite 8 contenders. Look who they lost last season, just look. Warren is a spectacular player to go along with a nice supporting cast. I'm confident in Andy Kennedy's coaching abilities. Let me leave you by asking one question. Out of the 12 coaches in the SEC where would you rank Andy Kennedy?

4th.

How did Rob Evans bomb out at Ole Miss? You might want to look at his record in Oxford again.

Rob Evans did only have 3 20+win seasons in 14 years as a head coach.... And had some pretty terrible years at Ole Miss.

I liked Rob Evans, remember that 1997 team that he took into KY and won with? I think they won the conference that year, going undefeated at home...KY won the NC that year, but didnt Ole Miss win the SEC that year?

And, I think he was SEC COY. I wouldnt call what he did at Ole Miss a bomb job. He put got interest in a basketball team that was once not there.

I liked Rob Evans, remember that 1997 team that he took into KY and won with? I think they won the conference that year, going undefeated at home...KY won the NC that year, but didnt Ole Miss win the SEC that year?

They won the west. 12-4 conference record. Kentucky won the SEC outright I believe.

Edit: Kentucky didn't win it that year... I can't remember who did.

Edit 2: South Carolina won it.

They won the west. 12-4 conference record. Kentucky won the SEC outright I believe.

Edit: Kentucky didn't win it that year... I can't remember who did.
I think you are right, I remember Ole Miss beating KY at Lexington though. First time in like 70 years or something. KY went on to win it all that year didnt they?

Wasnt he hired at OM in like 91 or 92 maybe?
Left in 98-99??

I think he sprigged off the Sutton tree right Hat?
I know he was an assistant at UNM St and maybe even Tx Tech. Thats about all I remember on him.

I think you are right, I remember Ole Miss beating KY at Lexington though. First time in like 70 years or something. KY went on to win it all that year didnt they?

Ok...

South Carolina won the SEC Outright championshio, Kentucky won the SEC tournament, Kentucky advanced to the Final Four and lost to Arizona in the championship game. This was during their dominant 96-98 run... If they would have beaten Arizona they would have had a three peat... That is absolutely ridiculous.

Ok...

South Carolina won the SEC Outright championshio, Kentucky won the SEC tournament, Kentucky advanced to the Final Four and lost to Arizona in the championship game. This was during their dominant 96-98 run... If they would have beaten Arizona they would have had a three peat... That is absolutely ridiculous.
Man, those KY were teams were out of control good...Thanks for looking that up Dickens, memory is slipping me ic.

Man, those KY were teams were out of control good...Thanks for looking that up Dickens, memory is slipping me ic.

If they had pulled off the three-peat (although Tubby won one) in this modern era.... I'd consider Rick Pitino even more of a coaching deity than I do now. Man is an out of control recruiter.

If they had pulled off the three-peat (although Tubby won one) in this modern era.... I'd consider Rick Pitino even more of a coaching deity than I do now. Man is an out of control recruiter.
Rick is a great coach, he embraced all that was KY. And, lets not forget he rejuvinated the big blue nation. I agree though, those Pitino NC teams were some of the best if the best teams I have ever watched.

I honestly figured he would have won an NC at L-Ville by now though.

Rick is a great coach, he embraced all that was KY. And, lets not forget he rejuvinated the big blue nation. I agree though, those Pitino NC teams were some of the best if the best teams I have ever watched.

I honestly figured he would have won an NC at L-Ville by now though.

He did get to a Final Four already. Remember it took him 7 years to get his NC at UK.

Anybody that underestimates Pitino in the college arena is making a huge mistake.

VN Store

Back