Looking ahead in the SEC

Maybe. None of these baseball rankings really matter at all. It's all about RPI and conference record from here on out.

Agree 100%. I just think it's fun seeing the Vols ranked and it'd be nice to have some national recognition heading into Arkansas.

...purely so I can feel more comforted sitting on my couch :p

with all this success I keep wondering "how can we keep Coach V and Coach Anderson"....guess money would help...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to pay these guys and have a significant buyout to protect us. I like Vitello a lot, but Anderson is the gem in my opinion. I think he's a head coach again if he wants it. Hope he stays.

I personally feel like this team is ONE more year from Needing to Supplement these Coaches - I think We are headed to the Promise Land with this team. I feel like they will could make it to a Super this year. I think This team is Learning how to win Baseball Games. I even think We finish 17-13 or 16-14 in SEC play this year , and make a lot of noise in The SEC Tournament....(PITCHING , DEFENSE and Hitting will only Get better As we go along) I think we make it to a SUPER this Year and To THE Big DANCE the NEXT...With a chance to win it all....Pitching Staff has the ARMS........Back to the Question though...We WILL NEED to Supplement this STAFF at the end of 2020...BIG Time!!! We have one of the TOP Coaching Staff's in the country and WE NEED to Keep them!!!

I personally feel like this team is ONE more year from Needing to Supplement these Coaches - I think We are headed to the Promise Land with this team. I feel like they will could make it to a Super this year. I think This team is Learning how to win Baseball Games. I even think We finish 17-13 or 16-14 in SEC play this year , and make a lot of noise in The SEC Tournament....(PITCHING , DEFENSE and Hitting will only Get better As we go along) I think we make it to a SUPER this Year and To THE Big DANCE the NEXT...With a chance to win it all....Pitching Staff has the ARMS........Back to the Question though...We WILL NEED to Supplement this STAFF at the end of 2020...BIG Time!!! We have one of the TOP Coaching Staff's in the country and WE NEED to Keep them!!!

We do have some VERY nice arms but I fear we will lose a lot of them this year. From listening to my scout buddies, Stallings, Schultz, Lingo and Walsh are all probably gone after this season. That still leaves us with some studs...Crochet, Sewell, Hunley, Pleasants, Wallace, Heflin, and a couple freshman that will have an extra year under Frank and the strength coach. Along with some new freshman arms that are supposed to be good.

I say we just get to Omaha this year!

Last edited:
Zachpack, I wasn't considering the Draft so i did get ahead of myself...I am Hopeful these players want to come back and Do Something Special next year! As far as the Draft, What about any Position players being Drafted?
And as far as Omaha is concerned , if Our Bats Get HOT at the right time and I HAVE SEEN it Happen!!! We have only had one Seriously Hot bat to date, There's More than that in this Line up...IMO....If THEY get HOT ....We've seen as good of arms as we'll see..This team is what I like to see in a BASEBALL team ....

Reactions: RollerVol
Zachpack, I wasn't considering the Draft so i did get ahead of myself...I am Hopeful these players want to come back and Do Something Special next year! As far as the Draft, What about any Position players being Drafted?
And as far as Omaha is concerned , if Our Bats Get HOT at the right time and I HAVE SEEN it Happen!!! We have only had one Seriously Hot bat to date, There's More than that in this Line up...IMO....If THEY get HOT ....We've seen as good of arms as we'll see..This team is what I like to see in a BASEBALL team ....

Ammons, Andre, Martinez and Charleston are all possibilities. I think Andre for sure. The others all have something they like but also some things that need improvement. It will be interesting to see who does return, even more so than last year. You talk about a mess...25+ more recruits coming in, along with all the redshirt players that are sitting out this year... and possible returning juniors! JUCOs will be recruiting UT harder than UT recruits JUCOs with all that extra talent we would have. #NOroom!!

We do have some VERY nice arms but I fear we will lose a lot of them this year. From listening to my scout buddies, Stallings, Schultz, Lingo and Walsh are all probably gone after this season. That still leaves us with some studs...Crochet, Sewell, Hunley, Pleasants, Wallace, Heflin, and a couple freshman that will have an extra year under Frank and the strength coach. Along with some new freshman arms that are supposed to be good.

This. There is a decent chance of a step back year next year with how much will be leaving after this year. It happens.

Agree 100%. I just think it's fun seeing the Vols ranked and it'd be nice to have some national recognition heading into Arkansas.

...purely so I can feel more comforted sitting on my couch :p

I can't remember a time watching TN baseball that allowed for comfortable couch time. LOL

I will be at the Friday night game at Florida. Only chance for me to see our beloved Vols. I wasn't able to go watch when they were down here, in Florida, earlier this year.

I’ve actually been thinking about the same thing. Several pitchers likely leaving, what will be the rotation next year, etc. Will be interesting. But, I agree, I think we have several arms that could easily fill the rotation...Crochet, Sewell, Hunley would be my guess. And several good bullpen guys. Newcomers will contribute too. We will be fine. We are definitely doing something right if we have that many guys leaving for the draft. That’s the nature of the SEC.

I know Neely is gone regardless. Wonder if he will get a shot with a pro club?

Walsh is a redshirt sophomore, I think he stays another year......but without question Shultz, Stallings and Lingo are gone and in that order.

I’ve actually been thinking about the same thing. Several pitchers likely leaving, what will be the rotation next year, etc. Will be interesting. But, I agree, I think we have several arms that could easily fill the rotation...Crochet, Sewell, Hunley would be my guess. And several good bullpen guys. Newcomers will contribute too. We will be fine. We are definitely doing something right if we have that many guys leaving for the draft. That’s the nature of the SEC.

I know Neely is gone regardless. Wonder if he will get a shot with a pro club?
Jason Rackers will step in and be in the rotation for sure. Power right handed mid to upper 90s. One of the top juco prospects in the country.

Walsh is a redshirt sophomore, I think he stays another year......but without question Shultz, Stallings and Lingo are gone and in that order.

I actually agree on Walsh. I think he stays. He probably needs another year...

VN Store

Back