Look at this espn matchup predictor

Going to be a fun game to watch.

Calling my shot. We’re going to win by 10+.

Random, but looking ahead to next year, as long as Wisconsin returns everyone, they will only lose one guy after this season. They may be a top 10 team next year.

We’ll be a better team in February, but playing a very mature team at home early will be a challenge. They play good defense and are very patient in their offense. Like us they struggle when they have bad shooting nights. I think our D might give them some frustration, but we don’t defend kickout threes well, and that is a big part of what they do. We’ll lose the rebounding line, but I think it’s very important that we play hard in the middle. That will be hard given our lack of depth at 4 and 5. If we do well at both ends playing small, we’ll win. If we have to play big on their bigs too much, I think we’ll lose. We don’t have depth across our bigs and that will limit the aggressiveness due to a small bank of fouls to give. Should be a good test. They’ll bring experience, size and home court. We’ll bring talent, speed and shooters. Let’s see what we’ve got…

We’ll be a better team in February, but playing a very mature team at home early will be a challenge. They play good defense and are very patient in their offense. Like us they struggle when they have bad shooting nights. I think our D might give them some frustration, but we don’t defend kickout threes well, and that is a big part of what they do. We’ll lose the rebounding line, but I think it’s very important that we play hard in the middle. That will be hard given our lack of depth at 4 and 5. If we do well at both ends playing small, we’ll win. If we have to play big on their bigs too much, I think we’ll lose. We don’t have depth across our bigs and that will limit the aggressiveness due to a small bank of fouls to give. Should be a good test. They’ll bring experience, size and home court. We’ll bring talent, speed and shooters. Let’s see what we’ve got…
Not sure about their defense honestly,they gave up 76 to a team that shot 4 of 21 from 3 just the other day.

I'll comment on a couple of things here.

First, on topic - the production value for games (at least for football) on Peacock is basically the same as NBC. This is not Barstool.

Second, regarding the UW defense against Ark St. The game had 81 possessions, so the 76 given up was still below one point per possession. The most concerning part, however, was giving up 33 FTAs. Last year, the highest FTA number for an opponent was 26, so that was the biggest disappointment in the defense in game 1.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think this will be one of our toughest non-conference tests. An experienced team on their home court in just the 2nd game of the season with little time for the newcomers to gel.

We get Illinois at home and NC State on a neutral court. Outside of UNC, I think this will be one of the toughest games we play before January and that includes Maui.

You just can’t discount how tough it is for teams to win on the road in college basketball. I expect a close loss, but I do think we’re the better team and hope to be pleasantly surprised tomorrow night.

Gonna be a tough game. We can’t go on those 5 minute long scoreless draughts Barnes has become notorious for. I do have a special feeling about this season though I can’t really describe it
Didn't realize Barnes had played and had 5 minute shooting droughts(Blue Font y'all.)

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think it will be very important for us to get off to a fast start kind of like we did Mich State. Obviously it doesn’t have to be 17-1 but it’s very important. KenPom projects a 70-69 loss so these teams are VERY even with his analytics. They’re also ranked 16th in his rankings as well. It should be a fun game.

Didn't realize Barnes had played and had 5 minute shooting droughts(Blue Font y'all.)
I don’t want to turn this into a Barnes hate thread bc I like Barnes but it’s been every single team regardless of the players. He’s the common denominator in this. However I have a lot of optimism this season we have multiple elite scorers.

We are the better team but you can’t dismiss the Badgers at home. Their team is solid and well coached, gym will be rocking. Wish the game was anywhere but Peacock.
Im hoping to pull it in on youtube. A few nights ago there were some games streamed on youtube.

I don’t want to turn this into a Barnes hate thread bc I like Barnes but it’s been every single team regardless of the players. He’s the common denominator in this. However I have a lot of optimism this season we have multiple elite scorers.

We’re not the only team that has this problem. I’m not saying that should make you feel better. But I promise you it’s not unique to us or a staple of a Rick Barnes offense.

We’re not the only team that has this problem. I’m not saying that should make you feel better. But I promise you it’s not unique to us or a staple of a Rick Barnes offense.

I think the scoring drought thing is way overblown. I wish somebody tracked this statistic.

I’m willing to bet we are really close to national average in terms of frequency. And I guarantee you we are top 10 in forcing them.

I think the scoring drought thing is way overblown. I wish somebody tracked this statistic.

I’m willing to bet we are really close to national average in terms of frequency. And I guarantee you we are top 10 in forcing them.

Agreed. The problem is overblown because our fans (understandably) watch all of our games and a handful of the other non-Tennessee games each year. I guarantee if I put a bunch of teams names in a hat, had a name drawn, and then required everyone to watch every game for that team they’d be saying similar things.

Agreed. The problem is overblown because our fans (understandably) watch all of our games and a handful of the other non-Tennessee games each year. I guarantee if I put a bunch of teams names in a hat, had a name drawn, and then required everyone to watch every game for that team they’d be saying similar things.
I think it’s more so we have these draughts in big games. If we have a draught against Austin peay so what. But when we have it yearly in our NCAAT games it’s much more memorable

VN Store

Back