Look Ahead to the 2019 Class

We need to sign as many in state guys as possible. There’s nearly 20 of them. We have enough talent for a top 5 class just by locking down our borders

Reactions: 1 person
In recruiting? They are already #1 for 2019. 2019 is loaded in that state, it’s why UT will finish in the top 5 in recruiting. Raid GA.

On the field? They lost 17 seniors on scholarship, not 31 like lazy reporters want to say, 11 starters including punter, less amount of starters than UT. UT had 13 I believe. Correct me if I’m wrong there. They lose leadership and losing Roquan will hurt them. But, look at the schedule and find 2 losses, it’s hard to.

Exactly Georgia isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Gotta hope that Kirby wants to give the NFL a shot

If we sign the top 24 in our state plus the guy we have commited from out of state, we end up at 265 points. That’s good enough to be ranked 9-12 nationally.

If we sign the top 24 in our state plus the guy we have commited from out of state, we end up at 265 points. That’s good enough to be ranked 9-12 nationally.

And they still have their Senior years to possibly move up in ranking. This is gonna be a sick class, I have no doubts.

And they still have their Senior years to possibly move up in ranking. This is gonna be a sick class, I have no doubts.

Yeah, and typically players do move up. There’s always more 5*s when they’re ranked for the final time than what they start with the first time.

2019 predictions:

Sam Howell, QB - 4*
Xavier Malone, QB - 3*

Quavaris Crouch, RB - 5*
Eric Gray, RB - 4*

Darnell Wright, OT - 5*
Harry Miller, OT - 4* Stolen from Kirby....
Jackson Lampley, OG - 4*
Jakai Clark, OC - 3* Another Georgia boy

Shamar Nash, WR - 4*
Lance Wilhoite, WR - 4*
Kendrell Scurry, WR - 4*

Chris Hinton, DE - 5* Currently committed to Michigan but we flip him out of Kirby's backyard.
Nathan Pickering, DE - 4*
CJ Clark, DT - 4*
Joshua Harris, DT, 3*

Bill Norton, DE - 4*
Joseph Anderson, OLB - 4*

Kevin Harris, LB - 4* Yet another taken from Georgia
Traveon Freshwater, ILB - 4*

Woodi Washington, CB - 4*
Sheridan Jones, CB - 4*
Trikweze Bridges, S - 4*
Trezmen Marshall, ATH (S) - 4*
The 5th guy we take from Georgia. He's been recruited by Sherrer and Kelly at their previous coaching gigs.

Last edited:
2019 predictions:

Sam Howell, QB - 4*
Xavier Malone, QB - 3*

Quavaris Crouch, RB - 5*
Eric Gray, RB - 4*

Darnell Wright, OT - 5*
Harry Miller, OT - 4* Stolen from Kirby....
Jackson Lampley, OG - 4*
Jakai Clark, OC - 3* Another Georgia boy

Shamar Nash, WR - 4*
Lance Wilhoite, WR - 4*
Kendrell Scurry, WR - 4*

Chris Hinton, DE - 5* Currently committed to Michigan but we flip him out of Kirby's backyard.
Nathan Pickering, DE - 4*
CJ Clark, DT - 4*
Joshua Harris, DT, 3*

Bill Norton, OLB - 4*
Joseph Anderson, OLB - 4*

Kevin Harris, LB - 4* Yet another taken from Georgia
Traveon Freshwater, ILB - 4*

Woodi Washington, CB - 4*
Sheridan Jones, CB - 4*
Trikweze Bridges, S - 4*
Trezmen Marshall, ATH (S) - 4*
The 5th guy we take from Georgia. He's been recruited by Sherrer and Kelly at their previous coaching gigs.

Bill North in a DE all the way

While it's great that there are so many highly ranked recruits in-state, there are probably only 8-12 that fit the "system" profiles wanted by the staff. For example, the OL for a pro-style offense is different. Same for RBs and TEs.

It not only the type of player than is being recruited is very different than Jones (size wise) He is also recruiting ballers that are only nut crushers on the D-Side.. Some guys like to tackle and others like the lay the wood... I like those who lay wood

I love all the talent at DB and wr in state this year. We need it

Need 5 DL
Need 4 OL
Need 5 LB
Need 4-5 DB
Need 1 QB
Need 2 RB
Need 5 WR/TE
Need 1 K/P (PWO)

Total 27

Like your list with a couple of minor adjustments. I know that my 27 is 2 over, but maybe we could get the 2 from B/S's. On the DL, I would look at 2 DTs and 3 DEs. Looking at a mix of 3 CBs and 2 S's or 4 CBs and 1 S. 1 TE and 4 WRs should be a good mix. We could even go with 2 TEs given how important they are in a pro-style offense.

Ok. Since Pruitt claims we will have the top class in 2019..BUT in the same speech he says he doesn't care what the rating services say...what is the criteria for grading whether it's the "top class"?

He can easily say no matter how we end up on Rivals or the 24/7 composite that it is indeed the "top class" because he says it is. "We addressed the needs we have as a football team so IN MY MIND this IS the top class...just as I promised".

Not trying to rip on him here...just saying.

The criteria is on the field results. It certainly isn't recruiting service says it is, at least not until a couple of years that's gone by. I trust coaches or rating services every time and twice on sundays. Not saying coaches can't miss but coaches are a much better evaluator in the intangibles that recruiting guides miss. Recruiting services are only a guide, the media is only guessing and while a coach is also he is getting paid millions to get it right. These services aren't invested like the coach to find the best players. In many cases they cater to who attends camps and pays them than they are truly finding the best players. People go way overboard on the rankings. Once you get outside of the top 10 it is usually splitting hairs and comes down to watch coaches found the right guys to coach up. Once you get past the 5 stars the rankings are highly subjective with the rest of the field, and even 5 stars bust or sometimes never live up to the all mighty hype. GBO!!!!!!

Like your list with a couple of minor adjustments. I know that my 27 is 2 over, but maybe we could get the 2 from B/S's. On the DL, I would look at 2 DTs and 3 DEs. Looking at a mix of 3 CBs and 2 S's or 4 CBs and 1 S. 1 TE and 4 WRs should be a good mix. We could even go with 2 TEs given how important they are in a pro-style offense.

Just recruit and over recruit every year at every position and let the cream rise to the top

18 players from TN in the ESPN top 300...UT needs 9-10 of those for sure

Any body else notice the size of RB's? All under 200 lbs. The ESPN 300 for this year was mostly the same way. Where are the big kids Al, LSU, and others get coming from?

Going to take several years to cycle out Joneses recruits on the offense and defense lines . It will be telling her she how many of the freshmen are on the two deep come the end of summer practice. A player like Matthew butler will have to shine in the spring and summer camp Or will be passed by

Ok. Since Pruitt claims we will have the top class in 2019..BUT in the same speech he says he doesn't care what the rating services say...what is the criteria for grading whether it's the "top class"?

He can easily say no matter how we end up on Rivals or the 24/7 composite that it is indeed the "top class" because he says it is. "We addressed the needs we have as a football team so IN MY MIND this IS the top class...just as I promised".

Not trying to rip on him here...just saying.

You always recruit to needs along with trying to get the best players for those needs. You don't have to have the #1 class to be successful. But, you do have to get into the top 5-10 every year or two to compete at a high level.

VN Store

Back