London

I'm going to Scotland in September. Anyone know where I can get a gore-tex rain jacket with hood, in Pantone 151 orange with power T?

Bucket is to see United blast Chelsea/Liverstool/City at Old Trafford. Want to tour North as well, do some sightseeing, maybe flip Charles off if there's time.
Don’t speak ill of His Majesty dude. They actually ARRESTED people for carrying signs on cornonation day saying he wasn’t their King. Thank Heaven for our First Amendment. Sometime we need a reminder of what 1776 was necessary

Try Columbia as they have quite a bit of Tennessee sports wear.
Don’t speak ill of His Majesty dude. They actually ARRESTED people for carrying signs on cornonation day saying he wasn’t their King. Thank Heaven for our First Amendment. Sometime we need a reminder of what 1776 was necessary
Read Historical Fiction account of 'Charleston', spanning same lineage from Revolutionary to Civil War and Reconstruction.

I believe its what they based the Patriot movie from. No one person should have all the wealth, or the power.

Charles III first day on the throne

That is so foretelling of Americans today.

Downpressed Americans...poor society. Scurves tried their best to spread their colonial influence all over Carribean and Africa. They weren't havin' it.

I want to visit the Tate Gallery and the Imperial War Museum . Then go down to Greenwich and have my picture taken standing on the Prime Meridian rail at noon

Two good choices, I particularly like the Imperial War Museum however I guess it is no comparison to the Smithonian north of you guys.

London was rather busy last weekend should be a bit quiter now

Two good choices, I particularly like the Imperial War Museum however I guess it is no comparison to the Smithonian north of you guys.

London was rather busy last weekend should be a bit quiter now
For a lifelong WWII nerd like me, Imperial War Museum is nirvana.
Tiger Day at the Bovington Tank Museum is also bucket list material.
And as a deep fan of 1970s BBC Comedy, I must make a pilgrimage to the Goods‘ House in Surbiton from the 1975 classic „The Good Life“

For a lifelong WWII nerd like me, Imperial War Museum is nirvana.
Tiger Day at the Bovington Tank Museum is also bucket list material.
And as a deep fan of 1970s BBC Comedy, I must make a pilgrimage to the Goods‘ House in Surbiton from the 1975 classic „The Good Life“

If you like the IWM and Bovington then look at the Duxford (40 miles north of London) Imperial War Museum website (i have been many times and love it there), they also have a dedicated Hanger for American planes including the greatest plane of alltime the SR71 "blackbird" and B17 "Flying Fortress" etc etc. Also a great tank collection as well

Tom and Barbara :) but Margo was the star.

The biggest highlight of my first time in London was finally getting the joke behind Max Headroom's name about 15 years late.

Reactions: Tman44
If you like the IWM and Bovington then look at the Duxford (40 miles north of London) Imperial War Museum website (i have been many times and love it there), they also have a dedicated Hanger for American planes including the greatest plane of alltime the SR71 "blackbird" and B17 "Flying Fortress" etc etc. Also a great tank collection as well

Margo was one of a kind. I think Penelope Keith is still around isn’t she? I still need to watch To Manor Born

I am about to subscribe to BritBox. There are so many classic British Comedies that I just have trouble finding otherwise. I am anxious to check out Fools and Horses and Dad’s Army. You folks really set the gold standard for comedy and for that this liberated colonist thanks you heartily

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Duxford is on my bucket list for sure, as is what (if anything) is left of the airfield at Deopham Green where my grandfather's bomb group (452nd) was based in 1944-1945. I very much enjoyed the IWM in London when I visited 22 years ago. Also, Greenwich (National Maritime Museum and Greenwich Park) were impressive IIRC.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Visiting the Churchill War rooms in London with my UT vest on and got 2 Go Vols. We are a global brand now.
There are not many I envy, but you and your tour I do. Each generation needs to revisit Winston Churchill, both his mistakes and his victories--and the lost causes he championed.

By accident, came across an excellent film, "Young Churchill" (1972 - Simon Ward, Anne Bancroft, Robert Shaw, and Anthony Hopkins) I can heartily recommend for any of you Churchill fans.

There are not many I envy, but you and your tour I do. Each generation needs to revisit Winston Churchill, both his mistakes and his victories--and the lost causes he championed.

By accident, came across an excellent film, "Young Churchill" (1972 - Simon Ward, Anne Bancroft, Robert Shaw, and Anthony Hopkins) I can heartily recommend for any of you Churchill fans.
Churchill is one of my favorite historical characters. And quite an author to boot. Love his four volume „History of the English Speaking Peoples“

VN Store

Back