Lofton #1 Senior in America

Then why was he a consensus second team All-American as a Junior? Why was he the AP SEC Player of the Year last season? Also, how is he already 8th in school history in steals? Not to mention he's been named SEC Player of the Week as much as anyone whe has ever played in the league.
bottom line they are both great players for their team....but lofton is not a redick and redick is not a lofton...if i were a coach though i would take jj over c-lo 10 out 10 times...far as steals go, if my memory serves me right UT hasnt really produced all that many memorable players in its past...Houston, Ernie and Bernie and i am lost on anyone else that really claimed dominancy in the college basketball world...Duke....well i think you can answer that one

I'll take Ron Lewis because he's accomplished just as much in the tournament as either, not to mention in the regular season he won the game for OSU

actually if you follwed duke basketball you would know that he had sheldon and sheldon alone...dockery was a scrub, deng left after his frosh year....mc-roberts would have been a better wing player than post because he was to soft and was a great passer....nelson i think could dead lift 1000 lbs but is rather not that great of player...

Redicks had Luol Deng, Sean Dockery, Chris Duhon, Sheldon Williams, Demarcus Nelson, Josh McRoberts

While Lofton's had McFadgon, Crump, Wingate, Watson, Asumnu, Smith, Smith, Bradshaw, and Patterson

Redicks had more to work with

It's also unfair to say JJ got further in March when Lofton hasn't even exhausted his eligibility yet.

McRob was too versatile, it hurt him a bit. Nelson is actually a good player, too injury prone, and all I can say is 70-68 Duke after Dockery drills a half court shot as time expires.

listen guys they are both great players and lets just drop at that....we could go on and on about redick did this and lofton did that, lets wish c-lo good luck in his senior year and call a truce....we will wait to the end of the season and see how the awards pile up, but stunna you have to realize that there really isnt that many great seniors returning this season....so if lofton doesnt bring home a national player of the year award that's his own fautl....college basketball is down this year and its only going to get worse until the league makes it mandatory for a player to play all four years before going pro.....you guys have a good night....later

Alright, I don't know how this whole thing was brought this far. I was just trying to compare Lofton to someone on his draft stock.

He tried to play point guard all the time and tried to go behind the back with passes and it was bad at times. He thought he was the next Steve Nash out there when Paulus was in his midseason slide, saying all that, the kid has loads of potential.

you're wrong... the best thing he had was his passing. I used to joke with a buddy who played forward and myself being a guard that mcrob couldn't post up against me and paulus couldn't dribble past him.

i'm not even 6 ft fwiw.

listen guys they are both great players and lets just drop at that....we could go on and on about redick did this and lofton did that, lets wish c-lo good luck in his senior year and call a truce....we will wait to the end of the season and see how the awards pile up, but stunna you have to realize that there really isnt that many great seniors returning this season....so if lofton doesnt bring home a national player of the year award that's his own fautl....college basketball is down this year and its only going to get worse until the league makes it mandatory for a player to play all four years before going pro.....you guys have a good night....later

1. I most certainly realize that. But I also realize JJ didn't have much competition outside of Morrison that year. And at the end of the day, it's about team accomplishments. Not individual award ceremonies. I'd much rather have Lofton lose 6 points of his regular average if it meant winning a championship or not.

2. I disagree. Some of the best players have been the one and done types. Carmelo, Durant, Oden, etc.

Christian Leattner and Grant Hill are the exceptions that prove the rule. They also played almost 15 years ago. I can't think of a single great player in the last 10 years that played into his senior season.

tim duncan stayed for his senior year i think.

VN Store

Back