LNS dimensions compared to Swayze Field dimensions

Yeah, their park isn’t that much bigger than ours. To be honest, this whole “park dimensions” argument you hear every year is pretty dumb. I mean hell Yankee stadium’s short porch is like 315 feet and so are the Crawford Boxes in Minute Maid.

People like to say LNS is a “little league” stadium but the truth is it ain’t all that different from some major league parks.

Yeah, their park isn’t that much bigger than ours. To be honest, this whole “park dimensions” argument you hear every year is pretty dumb. I mean hell Yankee stadium’s short porch is like 315 feet and so are the Crawford Boxes in Minute Maid.

People like to say LNS is a “little league” stadium but the truth is it ain’t all that different from some major league parks.
Their argument that LNS is small doesn’t go very far when 100% of the homers last night were hit at Swayze, with Swayze’s dimensions.

It’s like complaining that a homer hit against Iona wouldn’t have made it out of Swayze at the same time their right fielder was watching one land twenty feet up in the right field student section 🙄

Same team , that has hit 64 home runs hit 5 of those home runs in 9 innings on their field …
Hmmm….. I ain’t to smart … But I am smart enough to figure that out. Didn’t take me long either…. I just love how the College Baseball world is complaining and concerned…. We win this series and UT will be the #1 team in the Country, I really don’t care about that , just want to be the last team standing in Omaha !!!

It’s just people trying to justify Tennessee leading the country in HRs by such a large margin. It’s only notable when you play in Hoover and Minute Maid, where center field & right-center are deep. Vols still lead the country in doubles per game, so we can take advantage of a big park too. It’s noteworthy that we almost doubled our HRs/game last night.

The largest difference in LNS and the Ole Miss field is the amount of space in foul territory surrounding the infield and home plate. I suspect that's true for many other SEC parks when compared to LNS, and helps lend to the notion that LNS is a little band box park, even though the outfield dimensions are roughly the same. LNS just feels smaller, and more intimate because of the smaller area of foul territory. That also helps make it a true hitter's park.

Little league park is not the problem for the Weebels
Little league pitching is.
Only Coach Dickhead threw a ball the the Vols couldn’t hit out

Reactions: VolZen and wmcovol
This was Coach or Fan Talk probably echoed by (what's his Name).
Ole Miss knew how potent the Offense was and wanted to convey to the team that a HR was not going to do that much damage.
IOW, down talking to ease nerves before the game....
Their pitching is average and the Coach knows it got to use every bit of Psychology he can....
Laughable but what we heard after the game was repeated Coach talk.
The other part of the after game comments were excuses for a Dismal performance.
I have no idea where or Why the "We did not take them Seriously talk came from but it was a statement that may easily backfire on them.
I hope we hit 5 HRs per game for a total of 15 and WTFA.

Ole Miss knew how potent the Offense was and wanted to convey to the team that a HR was not going to do that much damage.
Their pitching is average and the Coach knows it got to use every bit of Psychology he can....
The other part of the after game comments were excuses for a Dismal performance.
I have no idea where or Why the "We did not take them Seriously talk came from but it was a statement that may easily backfire on them.
JUST IN: Ole Miss Baseball has just CONFIRMED that they will be giving “full effort today”. More to come…

Their argument that LNS is small doesn’t go very far when 100% of the homers last night were hit at Swayze, with Swayze’s dimensions.

It’s like complaining that a homer hit against Iona wouldn’t have made it out of Swayze at the same time their right fielder was watching one land twenty feet up in the right field student section 🙄

To be fair, we had three more last night that would have been out of LNS. 😂

Lawson’s triple would have likely been a grand slam, but it wouldn’t have made any difference since Dickey put the next pitch in the bullpen anyway.

In the end, both teams played on the same field last night, and we had more homers than they had hits, so…

1648328731834.gif

There's no way Ole Miss didnt take them serious with it being a top 5 match up. Ole Miss just came in overconfident so they're making excuses to make themselves feel better about their performance.

Yeah hopefully Delucia realized how silly that sounded. If you can’t take a top 5 ranked Tennessee serious who can you take seriously? I’d imagine he will get an attitude adjustment as well. I hope we never have a kid say something like that after getting absolutely thrashed!

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back