Little help please

smokey15

I have a recruit for 2021 class in south Georgia. He gets mail 2-3 times a week from UT baseball so I know they are aware of him - I'd like to get in touch w/ Coach V or one of the asst's to talk about him. I've emailed the coaching staff through the UTK email - for whatever reason, most coaches don't ever do much with their school email. If anyone has any info/ can help out a little send me a pm. Thanks.

smokey15

Reactions: RollerVol
Yeah
Your son should email them not you a parent

That is great you get emails from UT but you know how many people do.Tell you son to send times and where he is playing

What club team is he with
Is he a P or position

Coaches do not want to talk to parents like you.

Thanks Jackwagon. He's not my son. He play on the high school team I coach. But I appreciate your kind remarks.

Yeah
Your son should email them not you a parent

That is great you get emails from UT but you know how many people do.Tell you son to send times and where he is playing

What club team is he with
Is he a P or position

Coaches do not want to talk to parents like you.

I have a recruit for 2021 class in south Georgia. He gets mail 2-3 times a week from UT baseball so I know they are aware of him - I'd like to get in touch w/ Coach V or one of the asst's to talk about him. I've emailed the coaching staff through the UTK email - for whatever reason, most coaches don't ever do much with their school email. If anyone has any info/ can help out a little send me a pm. Thanks.

smokey15
When can Division I coaches contact athletes?

The NCAA rules state a college coach can’t “recruit” an athlete before September 1 of their junior year, so it might seem illegal for recruits to get offered and be accepting scholarships as freshmen or younger (be advised some sports have different contact rules, review the NCAA recruiting calendar for your sport here. It isn’t illegal and here’s how it happens:

My guess is they're sending him mail to get him on campus for a camp so they can speak to him there, I don't think they can have contact with him off campus yet.

When can Division I coaches contact athletes?

The NCAA rules state a college coach can’t “recruit” an athlete before September 1 of their junior year, so it might seem illegal for recruits to get offered and be accepting scholarships as freshmen or younger (be advised some sports have different contact rules, review the NCAA recruiting calendar for your sport here. It isn’t illegal and here’s how it happens:

My guess is they're sending him mail to get him on campus for a camp so they can speak to him there, I don't think they can have contact with him off campus yet.

That’s correct volfan. This isn’t my 1st kid (not my personal kid reporter- one of my players) being recruited at this level. Coaches can’t contacttalk to him yet -unless on campus. I’m coming up from so ga. For a game or 2 This fall and was wanting to ask about bringing him.... if they’d like to see him again etc. he actually missed the first 2 Days of school visiting UT. Several other sec/acc schools bring baseball players in for football weekends Was just a thought. Thanks.

That’s correct volfan. This isn’t my 1st kid (not my personal kid reporter- one of my players) being recruited at this level. Coaches can’t contacttalk to him yet -unless on campus. I’m coming up from so ga. For a game or 2 This fall and was wanting to ask about bringing him.... if they’d like to see him again etc. he actually missed the first 2 Days of school visiting UT. Several other sec/acc schools bring baseball players in for football weekends Was just a thought. Thanks.
Tennessee Baseball

I would try to get him to the November 4th camp

smokey15
The kid needs to reach out

Tennessee Baseball

I would try to get him to the November 4th camp

This is generally good advice because he can interact with coaches to start the relationship. However, what teams care about at most of these camps are pitchers and how fast they throw on the radar gun. If he’s throwing 90+ as righty or 88+ as a lefty, they fall all over themselves to talk with him. Position players don’t get as much look at camps like this.

This is generally good advice because he can interact with coaches to start the relationship. However, what teams care about at most of these camps are pitchers and how fast they throw on the radar gun. If he’s throwing 90+ as righty or 88+ as a lefty, they fall all over themselves to talk with him. Position players don’t get as much look at camps like this.
True and to be completely honest here if you're having to pay to camp then they're just taking your money.

If the kid isn't being ask to call the coaches whatever the attention is isn't serious. Likely just wanting $ by inviting camps. Rest assured if he was a serious recruit the coaches would be asking the kid to call them

1. Thanks for the help.
2. Was just looking to see if anyone had contact info for coach - they don't check email
3. I know what college guys are looking for - Just had a kid commit to another school in SEC - this isn't our first time having these conversations.
4. I've got most other coaches numbers - but haven't had a chance to meet Coach V or any of his asst coaches
5. Kid is a SS/P - 3 hole hitter. Was upper 80s as a Freshman. The schools that are contacting him are doing so for a purpose - not to get money for their camps. That happens - I'm absolutely aware of it.

1. Thanks for the help.
2. Was just looking to see if anyone had contact info for coach - they don't check email
3. I know what college guys are looking for - Just had a kid commit to another school in SEC - this isn't our first time having these conversations.
4. I've got most other coaches numbers - but haven't had a chance to meet Coach V or any of his asst coaches
5. Kid is a SS/P - 3 hole hitter. Was upper 80s as a Freshman. The schools that are contacting him are doing so for a purpose - not to get money for their camps. That happens - I'm absolutely aware of it.

The kid is a sophomore?

If so they can't legally contact him unless it's for camp

VN Store

Back