Little Brother Program Of Each State

View attachment 451148

Which ones do you think are incorrect?
Who is Nebraska a little brother to?
Rutgers? There are no other big time athletic schools in NJ. Maybe Seton Hall?
Duke isn’t little brother in NC. That award goes to NC State.
A service academy shouldn’t be a little brother, unless it’s to another service academy.
Who is Minnesota a little brother to?

I don't think some of these are right.

- I'm assuming Texas and Michigan being little brothers is sarcasm.
- Nebraska is basically the other program in the state and isn't a little brother to another in-state program (Creighton? Who else is even there?)
- I wouldn't think BYU is the little brother program in Utah. I believe the stereotype in that state is that the wealthy, well-to-do Mormon kids go to BYU, the "peasant" Mormon kids + non-Mormons go to Utah, and BYU kids look down on Utah kids. Kind of an Ole Miss/Miss St dynamic there.
- Who is the big brother in Illinois if Illinois is the little brother? N'western? That doesn't sound right.
- Are we talking basketball in Indiana? If so, even though they haven't been good in years Indiana is not a little brother, not even close.
- As @RDU VOL#14 said NC State is the little brother in North Carolina. They are looked down upon by both Duke and UNC.
- I don't think Maryland looks at a service academy as a little brother. Probably no little brother program in that state. Same for Minnesota.
- Who is Yale's big brother?

I don't think some of these are right.

- I'm assuming Texas and Michigan being little brothers is sarcasm.
- Nebraska is basically the other program in the state and isn't a little brother to another in-state program (Creighton? Who else is even there?)
- I wouldn't think BYU is the little brother program in Utah. I believe the stereotype in that state is that the wealthy, well-to-do Mormon kids go to BYU, the "peasant" Mormon kids + non-Mormons go to Utah, and BYU kids look down on Utah kids. Kind of an Ole Miss/Miss St dynamic there.
- Who is the big brother in Illinois if Illinois is the little brother? N'western? That doesn't sound right.
- Are we talking basketball in Indiana? If so, even though they haven't been good in years Indiana is not a little brother, not even close.
- As @RDU VOL#14 said NC State is the little brother in North Carolina. They are looked down upon by both Duke and UNC.
- I don't think Maryland looks at a service academy as a little brother. Probably no little brother program in that state. Same for Minnesota.
- Who is Yale's big brother?

This map is absolutely generated to, in large part, merely rile people up. Texas/Michigan/Wisconsin/Duke/Nebraska objectively aren't their state's little brothers, Minnesota's selection is just a hockey joke, Indiana certainly is the little brother to Notre Dame and UConn is probably a more complete athletic program post-integration than Yale.

This map is absolutely generated to, in large part, merely rile people up. Texas/Michigan/Wisconsin/Duke/Nebraska objectively aren't their state's little brothers, Minnesota's selection is just a hockey joke, Indiana certainly is the little brother to Notre Dame and UConn is probably a more complete athletic program post-integration than Yale.
Wow - didn't even think about ND for Indiana. I guess that one is probably correct then, although if you're talking basketball Indiana isn't a little brother in that sport.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I despise Texas but they are not the little brother. They’re the incompetent big brother but they are the big brother, no doubt.

I'm not so sure that you would call FSU a "little brother"? They've won a few Natty's in the last 25 years, they are nobodies little brother. UCF or USF should have been the choice here.

Ditto this for GT. They do not want to be UGA in any form or fashion, and they have a pretty illustrious history. I'm thinking more Ga St here. Everybody looks down on them.

Hard to really argue with Candy as a little brother though.

I despise Texas but they are not the little brother. They’re the incompetent big brother but they are the big brother, no doubt.

Amen to that. The world is a better place when Texas is what they are now. Decent, but nothing special. They get good and their fans become impossible though-picture a UGA fan crossed with Bama fan and force fed steroids for a few years. Not something the world needs to see emerge from the sewers. Little brother though? No way. A&M needs to chill.

I'm not so sure that you would call FSU a "little brother"? They've won a few Natty's in the last 25 years, they are nobodies little brother. UCF or USF should have been the choice here.

Ditto this for GT. They do not want to be UGA in any form or fashion, and they have a pretty illustrious history. I'm thinking more Ga St here. Everybody looks down on them.

Hard to really argue with Candy as a little brother though.
FSU is a little brother in the sense that they are the younger, less mature program (and university). It was a women's college and did not become "Florida State University" until 1947. They are very accomplished, comparably accomplished to UF, but I'd say UF does look down on them. However, you make a great point that in recent years UCF is probably the most appropriate little brother now; UF, FSU, and UM all look down on them.

The funny thing about the GT/UGA rivalry is that both schools look down on the other, but in totally different ways. UGA looks down on GT from an athletics perspective and GT looks down on UGA from an academic one. It is kind of similar to the Virginia Tech/UVA rivalry, except in that case the Tech school is the better athletics school and the major state school is the better academic one. I'm not sure Georgia St is the little brother because they don't have a rivalry with either GT or UGA.

Ultimately, what makes a program the little brother is if another school looks down on them. Perhaps the single best example in the country is Ole Miss/Miss St. Ole Miss looks down on Miss St, feels sorry for them, thinks they are riff raff. Miss St, in return, doesn't look down on Ole Miss; they just hate Ole Miss and even though they'd never admit it are probably envious of them.

Amen to that. The world is a better place when Texas is what they are now. Decent, but nothing special. They get good and their fans become impossible though-picture a UGA fan crossed with Bama fan and force fed steroids for a few years. Not something the world needs to see emerge from the sewers. Little brother though? No way. A&M needs to chill.

Well, I don’t care about anyone being good except Tennessee. I’ve yet to hear one clown say “the SEC is better when Tennessee is good” but in fact it is. The SEC desperately needs a good Tennessee program to balance the league. Otherwise the only games meaningful are Fla-Ga in the SEC East.

Florida State is little brother to Miami or Florida?
Texas is the right call against aTm
BYU is a good call against Utah
Unc/Duke then NCST and they hate it
Vandy isn’t little brother more like baby brother drinking from a bottle.

yeah, State might hate it but then there's EZU over in Greenville

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Florida State is little brother to Miami or Florida?
Texas is the right call against aTm
BYU is a good call against Utah
Unc/Duke then NCST and they hate it
Vandy isn’t little brother more like baby brother drinking from a bottle.

Yes, FSU is little brother to UF and Miami.

FSU trails the all-time series to both UF and Miami.

FSU also has the distinction of having the worst bowl loss of any team ranked #1. That loss was the 1997 Sugar Bowl against UF, which was our first national title. 52-20 is forever.

FSU also has the distinction of having the worst bowl loss of any team ranked #1. That loss was the 1997 Sugar Bowl against UF, which was our first national title. 52-20 is forever.

Good lord. That is bad but fk Flst regardless.

Good lord. That is bad but fk Flst regardless.

Who is Nebraska a little brother to?
Rutgers? There are no other big time athletic schools in NJ. Maybe Seton Hall?
Duke isn’t little brother in NC. That award goes to NC State.
A service academy shouldn’t be a little brother, unless it’s to another service academy.
Who is Minnesota a little brother to?

According to College Football – Who’s a Fan?
it looks like Penn State is popular in southern New Jersey.
I would agree that Ga Tech plays second fiddle to UGa. UGa has much higher attendance than Ga Tech since the Atlanta Falcons started up.
What the heck is Harrison University? I would have thought Missouri State.

The big data map has South Carolina dominating Clemson - while the little brother map has it the opposite way. I think they're fairly close - but I've known only a few people from South Carolina.

I would have thought Tulane over ULL - but I lived in New Orleans for 7 years.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
According to College Football – Who’s a Fan?
it looks like Penn State is popular in southern New Jersey.
I would agree that Ga Tech plays second fiddle to UGa. UGa has much higher attendance than Ga Tech since the Atlanta Falcons started up.
What the heck is Harrison University? I would have thought Missouri State.

The big data map has South Carolina dominating Clemson - while the little brother map has it the opposite way. I think they're fairly close - but I've known only a few people from South Carolina.

I would have thought Tulane over ULL - but I lived in New Orleans for 7 years.
In terms of competition South Carolina is the definition of mediocrity, while Clemson has been a juggernaut for about a decade and a half. I will hand it to Gamecock fans though, they show up and support their teams. Williams Brice is usually full and they’re almost always no better than 4th in the East.
As far as UGA goes, when you buy season tickets to your rivals home games the way UGA fans do so that they can go to the GT road game, I think that makes GT little brother.

Don’t know that I could’ve made it 7 years in NOLA. Could barely make it on a long weekend.

UCF is the team that most recently won a National Title…😉
05bda04cb88cbee81245ca64750b81bd.gif

VN Store

Back