Listened to Tyndall on Neuheisel show today

You remember it wrong. Pearl himself has said publicly that Hamilton was his biggest supporter and fought to keep him, but it was out of his hands. The only mistake Hamilton made was the public comment before the Michigan game.

So no, he couldn't have kept him if he wanted to.

Fair enough. I just wish we could get back to where we was when Pearl was here. What do you think are chances are, for Barnes to recruit at a high level and get it turned around at his age?

Fair enough. I just wish we could get back to where we was when Pearl was here. What do you think are chances are, for Barnes to recruit at a high level and get it turned around at his age?

I think he can recruit well enough but I don't know if it will be at the level he did at Texas.

My honest opinion is Barnes is here to add stability to the program for about 3 years, build a foundation, and UT hires a younger guy to take over. In this situation, Barnes is the setup pitcher and we're waiting to see who the closer is. That could change if somehow Barnes starts winning and we get hot and he can extend it another year or 2, but I think at most Barnes will be here 5 years and that's if he gets us back to the NCAAT.

Personally I wouldn't mind if Will Wade got a few seasons under his belt at VCU and took over, assuming he doesn't turn out to be a dud.

Reactions: 1 person
I think he can recruit well enough but I don't know if it will be at the level he did at Texas.

My honest opinion is Barnes is here to add stability to the program for about 3 years, build a foundation, and UT hires a younger guy to take over. In this situation, Barnes is the setup pitcher and we're waiting to see who the closer is. That could change if somehow Barnes starts winning and we get hot and he can extend it another year or 2, but I think at most Barnes will be here 5 years and that's if he gets us back to the NCAAT.

Personally I wouldn't mind if Will Wade got a few seasons under his belt at VCU and took over, assuming he doesn't turn out to be a dud.

Execute this plan please mr hart

Reactions: 1 person

Bunch of older coaches are doing pretty well. Coach K, Pitino, Huggins, Roy Williams, and Kruger to name a few. Izzo and Pearl aren't much younger than Barnes either.

Bunch of older coaches are doing pretty well. Coach K, Pitino, Huggins, Roy Williams, and Kruger to name a few. Izzo and Pearl aren't much younger than Barnes either.

I agree. But a few of the coaches on your list has had alot more success and has always had a prime time program to sell to recruits. The age factor has always been a concern to me since the day he was hired. To be honest, I was a bit threw back with the hiring of Barnes.

Sounds very reasonable and possible to me.

As a human being, I sometimes let events run together in the heat of the moment. However, I have more sense than those who make assumptions without qualifying them. Such assumptions as saying that everything is cut and dried and forgetting "Murphy's Law".

The Tyndall case is still ongoing and as for next season, and any year thereafter, there is NO GUARANTEE as to the effectiveness of how good a hire was made after CDT was fired.

Even Hart, according to Tyndall, said that Donnie was a perfect fit for Tennessee.

You probably were going to come back with, "yes, but Tyndall is a known liar", but only time will tell.

I'm sorry but based on ALL the present info we have on both coaches OF COURSE the Rick Barnes hire was an upgrade. Now 25 years from now when it's history we may have more info and see it wasn't.,,just like OBVIOUSLY fire Fulmer was a mistake..,after seeing us wander in the wilderness for 4 years

VN Store

Back