Listen to Kellie!

He is only allowed, per my understanding direct contact with her. As a basketball expert. As far as I can surmise, he is on hire to advise her on anything basketball,,, scouting the team, opponents, games, advising practice, games and anything Coach K wants him to advice on.,,,virtually anything BB....But NO contact directly with the players,,, I am trying to get more detail on exactly how it works, but am just now speaking with my contacts on this,,,,Hopefully, he has a thick skin and sees me not as a threat, but an ally.
I have to ask. How do you know that he sees you at all ?

I have to ask. How do you know that he sees you at all ?

If he is doing his job, he looks at everything, not one thing.
This forum gives an immediate insight as to public perception and is a valuable source of information.
If he looks at all things UT LV BB he has to see this site as well as others. If he sees this sight, he can't miss me

I agree that if he visits this sight, he can't miss you. However, I disagree with you on just how valuable a resource this sight would be, to someone in his position.
Now, if he were marketing or selling UT to the general public, you might have a case that he should visit this forum.
So, the answer to my question is...
You don't know if he sees you at all. It's just speculation that he does.

I agree that if he visits this sight, he can't miss you. However, I disagree with you on just how valuable a resource this sight would be, to someone in his position.
Now, if he were marketing or selling UT to the general public, you might have a case that he should visit this forum.
So, the answer to my question is...
You don't know if he sees you at all. It's just speculation that he does.

No, not him personally (yet)...But i do know personally that there are staff followers of this site, beyond those who's job it is to monitor said venues

Just out of curiosity...Where were you before 2-22-2016?

Atlanta for 11 years
Coached for Jack Feagin with the GA Pistols for 9, before that with a BB league in Marietta, before that went to college in my mid 30's

Last edited:
Ren was on the bench when Q1 ended with us leading 21-19

A 17-4 run with no timeout killed us...It took the life out of those kids.
If Coach don't play, the players don't play

And I am NOT a Kellie hater, I am 100% behind her...I just have the nerve to tell her what AL doesn't
Referring to yourself in the same context as Al Brown is the most laughable thing I've ever read on here. You are not worthy to launder Al Brown's clothes, much less compare yourself to him in regards to anything basketball related.

Reactions: T_Vol376
Referring to yourself in the same context as Al Brown is the most laughable thing I've ever read on here. You are not worthy to launder Al Brown's clothes, much less compare yourself to him in regards to anything basketball related.

In your opinion, which is valid to you, yes

But in my opinion whcih is valid to me, we both use the same laundry mart...his clothes are simply different

In your opinion, which is valid to you, yes

But in my opinion whcih is valid to me, we both use the same laundry mart...his clothes are simply different
While everyone can have their own opinion, everyone is not entitled to their own facts. Under any kind of objective analysis, Al Brown is an exponentially more accomplished women's basketball coach than you are.

While everyone can have their own opinion, everyone is not entitled to their own facts. Under any kind of objective analysis, Al Brown is an exponentially more accomplished women's basketball coach than you are.

could be,,,I will know this when I meet the man

consider though, have you met him, have you met me?
Sit with me at a game sometime

Last edited:
I haven't been introduced to either of you. If I'm not mistaken, you were one of a few coaches for the Ga pistols. What age group was that ?
Here is a synopsis of Al Brown's accomplishments.
Al Brown - Assistant Coach - Women's Basketball Coaches - Duke University
You tell me who is more accomplished in wcbb.

Jack gave me the hardest group in basketball,,13-14 girls.
Anyone who has coached this age group knows of the difficulty of that age bc of the changes females usually go through at this stage.
I handled this age group for most of my time with him and that org.

So as I see it, AL may know more about BB in collegiate ball but I have a distinct advantage over him in knowing the female gender

This isn't the full quote and makes it sound like she's making excuses. Here's the full quote:

"I think a lot of times we come out of games, and we look at that stat sheet, and the majority of those turnovers are ours. And it's probably the same this game. However, you do to give them a lot of credit with their defense. That's what they do, and sometimes they just wear on you so long that you are bound to make a turnover. Sometimes, it's not necessarily them getting a steal as much as it is them wearing you down. Our guards had to play heavy minutes tonight, and that's not an easy thing to do when you're getting that kind of pressure for 40 minutes."

There are “excuses,” and there are “reasons.” Similar, yet with different connotations. In my opinion, she was speaking as a former point guard who understands what its like to have to perform against intense full-court defense — and MSU brought that. I found myself, just watching on television that night, beginning to stress out from how our players were being hounded! lol I actually thought they held it together fairly well considering it was the first time they ever faced defense that smothering.

Anyway, I don’t think Kellie was making excuses. She just gave us her honest opinion on the reason it happened: MSU played terrific defense and it wore us out. That can happen to even the very best teams.

Anyone who has coached this age group knows of the difficulty of that age bc of the changes females usually go through at this stage.

So as I see it, AL may know more about BB in collegiate ball but I have a distinct advantage over him in knowing the female gender
I highly doubt you do.

Coach Jumper, I personally appreciate your posts and acknowledge that you have some great ideas. I also believe you when you say you are an experienced coach. But J, when comparing your experience to Al’s, you’re always going to come up way short — and that’s okay. There are relatively few coaches alive who have his level of experience.

Coach Jumper, I personally appreciate your posts and acknowledge that you have some great ideas. I also believe you when you say you are an experienced coach. But J, when comparing your experience to Al’s, you’re always going to come up way short — and that’s okay. There are relatively few coaches alive who have his level of experience.
But Coach J is "THE" expert on the female gender.

Reactions: Amb3096

You realize it could be argued, and quite successfully I think, that you've never actually coached women. 13-14 year old girls are not women (ie. an adult female)
by definition.
Yet, you resisted, initially, in admitting that Al is a more accomplished coach in women's bb than you are with "I will know this when I meet the man". Later, the best you could do was "Al may know more about basketball in collegiate ball". Even here the best you could offer was to give a grudgingly "may know more". Which, by the way, wasn't even part of the original question.
The question was "who is more accomplished in women's bb".
Since Al has an extremely long list of impressive accomplishments in wcbb, and it could be argued that you have never coached women's basketball, I would have thought the answer to that question would have been a no-brainer.
I sincerely hope you don't think I'm picking on you. I find your posts fascinating. In much the same way that I found the infamous "Ivy League" posts fascinating.
Fascinating not necessarily in their content, but rather in the style that they're delivered. Though I do find the content also interesting on occasion.

The ultimate is that when you add a coach, advisor, consultant whomever they are actually able to help you see results. To this point that has not happened with the Lady vols basketball team. I was hoping Brown could come up with ideas, plans anything to help the turnover situation and also make some players more consistent. Thus far nothing seems more different to me before he got here. I hope I see some difference before the season ends.

You realize it could be argued, and quite successfully I think, that you've never actually coached women. 13-14 year old girls are not women (ie. an adult female)
by definition.
Yet, you resisted, initially, in admitting that Al is a more accomplished coach in women's bb than you are with "I will know this when I meet the man". Later, the best you could do was "Al may know more about basketball in collegiate ball". Even here the best you could offer was to give a grudgingly "may know more". Which, by the way, wasn't even part of the original question.
The question was "who is more accomplished in women's bb".
Since Al has an extremely long list of impressive accomplishments in wcbb, and it could be argued that you have never coached women's basketball, I would have thought the answer to that question would have been a no-brainer.
I sincerely hope you don't think I'm picking on you. I find your posts fascinating. In much the same way that I found the infamous "Ivy League" posts fascinating.
Fascinating not necessarily in their content, but rather in the style that they're delivered. Though I do find the content also interesting on occasion.

CoachJ certainly erred in implying he was more “accomplished,” when I think he may actually mean “knowledgable.” I have no idea what exact level of knowledge (about basketball OR females) either man has, but I’d bet the farm that Al Brown is far, Far, FAR more accomplished.

Lesson of the day: Word choice matters.

Reactions: volnationnj
The ultimate is that when you add a coach, advisor, consultant whomever they are actually able to help you see results. To this point that has not happened with the Lady vols basketball team. I was hoping Brown could come up with ideas, plans anything to help the turnover situation and also make some players more consistent. Thus far nothing seems more different to me before he got here. I hope I see some difference before the season ends.
Al Brown was primarily responsible for all of the success of Lady Vols basketball during the "Meeks" Era. I don't think he has to prove anything to you in a month or two to salvage his reputation.

Al Brown was primarily responsible for all of the success of Lady Vols basketball during the "Meeks" Era. I don't think he has to prove anything to you in a month or two to salvage his reputation.

It was him? For some reason I thought it was Pat Summitt who was primarily responsible for the success but I could be mistaken🤔

Now, I admire the heck out of Al Brown, but I don’t think I’d go as far as to say he was the primary reason the “Meeks Era” was so successful. :oops: I think there was another person on staff who deserves a little credit. I hear that the lady who sat on the orange stool was pretty good, too. :)

It was him? For some reason I thought it was Pat Summitt who was primarily responsible for the success but I could be mistaken🤔
No, Pat Summitt's offense was inept. Al Brown allowed those talented players to actually work in an offensive system that was not archaic and oppressive.

No, Pat Summitt's offense was inept. Al Brown allowed those talented players to actually work in an offensive system that was not archaic and oppressive.

Yea but they came TO PLAY FOR PAT SUMMITT so Al Brown would have been ineffective if she hadn’t gotten those players here. They all said they came to play for her each and everyone of them.

Plus wouldn’t Pat Summitts ability to recognize she needed help be the primary reason for success because she brought that person on and allowed him to work his magic if that was the case.

Reactions: lvocd

VN Store

Back