Linebackers Coach?

Tman44

God Father of Soul
Looking at the staff page on UTsports.com, Alex Golesh is listed as Offensive Coordinator/Tight Ends coach. Tim Banks is listed as Defensive Coordinator. Banks has coached linebackers in the past, most recently at Maryland 16 years ago. He has been coaching DBs and secondary as of late, and that is now Willie's job. I do remember seeing his name mentioned with linebackers; however, it seems UTsports is pretty clear in the way it lists responsibilities. Has anyone seen anything in regards to this that I have missed? Steele is a LB coach but not listed.

2021 Football Roster - University of Tennessee Athletics

Looking at the staff page on UTsports.com, Alex Golesh is listed as Offensive Coordinator/Tight Ends coach. Tim Banks is listed as Defensive Coordinator. Banks has coached linebackers in the past, most recently at Maryland 16 years ago. He has been coaching DBs and secondary as of late, and that is now Willie's job. I do remember seeing his name mentioned with linebackers; however, it seems UTsports is pretty clear in the way it lists responsibilities. Has anyone seen anything in regards to this that I have missed? Steele is a LB coach but not listed.

To answer your question: yes, you missed something. We hired a LB coach last week.

Not sure how you missed this?
Michigan football losing LBs coach Brian Jean-Mary to Tennessee

Reactions: Tman44
My understanding (only after reading Marvin West's article, posted in an earlier thread today) is that we have all defensive staff positions filled except one. I grew up playing basketball so admittedly don't know enough about coaching specific positions in football, but I've wondered if the LBs would be split up into ILB/OLB positions with different coaches and then Steele and Jean-Mary both coach LBs.

Just a thought, it's probably wrong though. I've been wrong once before. :)

My understanding (only after reading Marvin West's article, posted in an earlier thread today) is that we have all defensive staff positions filled except one. I grew up playing basketball so admittedly don't know enough about coaching specific positions in football, but I've wondered if the LBs would be split up into ILB/OLB positions with different coaches and then Steele and Jean-Mary both coach LBs.

Just a thought, it's probably wrong though. I've been wrong once before. :)

I’d think we would see another DB coach added to support a 4-2-5

Still a lot of rumors about Joe Lorig at Penn State. He has coached LB, CB, S and has been a DC before. He also has experience as a ST coach, something Tennessee doesn't have at present.

I’d think we would see another DB coach added to support a 4-2-5

Brown has specialized in defensive backs so he may take that role..........

Still a lot of rumors about Joe Lorig at Penn State. He has coached LB, CB, S and has been a DC before. He also has experience as a ST coach, something Tennessee doesn't have at present.

I would like this setup, he could focus on STs and then has experience to help at each of the other positions too.... either him or any other coach with same kind of back ground.

VN Store

Back