$58 Million Lindsey Nelson Stadium Renovation Details

From Coach V’s interview last week with WNML:

If you’d like to listen to his full interview ⤵️

Also, worth noting, during his Q&A at the Knoxville Rotary Club yesterday, White mentioned that he met yesterday morning with architects about facility upgrades for both Neyland Stadium and LIndsey Nelson Stadium (3rd video in this WVLT article: UT AD White updates football probe and facilities)

So, it seems like they making progress on stadiium upgrades. I think it’s encouraging that White, Coach V, and their teams all met together for a 3 hour meeting at LNS. It sounds like they are on the same page.

Haha, you beat me to it!

Reactions: TN_gal
Haha, you beat me to it!

😂 *high five* Prof! Like minds. 👍🏽

I mean I'm not looking for a revamped stadium in three months but the admin could toss the fans a bone and release some drawings they are considering.

Since White met with architects yesterday, perhaps we will hear (and see) what they have in mind once plans are finalized. Who knows when that will be, but at least they are actively making some progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volprofch05
I’m told Neyland Stadium is getting new LED lighting so they can use special effects. Crews have been working ten hour days, six days a week to get it done. Anyone know if LNS is up next for the upgrade?

Awright…I got lucky, we scored some tickets tonight to the basketball game, never been that close to the floor before. So much fun!

Of course, I parked at LNS and walked. The porch seems rather complete, two tiers. 3B, by the look thru the fence, they seem close to being ready to bring in seating like last season. It was about 6 PM, and you could hear the power tools. Progress is being made!

Can’t wait!

GBO!!!

Awright…I got lucky, we scored some tickets tonight to the basketball game, never been that close to the floor before. So much fun!

Of course, I parked at LNS and walked. The porch seems rather complete, two tiers. 3B, by the look thru the fence, they seem close to being ready to bring in seating like last season. It was about 6 PM, and you could hear the power tools. Progress is being made!

Can’t wait!

GBO!!!
I'm glad you didn't take any pictures.

Nobody here would want to see them. Complete waste of site resources.

Helluva lot of good that does us.

Remember the porch from last year? Imagine…double that and the new second layer is set back by about the same width as the lower. All aluminum with a more sturdy base than the lower.

The fence has that black netting stuff with pics of VFL’s…which is more pics than you’ll get from me! 😛

Oh I bet those are some crisp clear images. LOL

How was the basketball game? I'm being told the crowds are just electric this year.

It was not close to capacity but it was a 7PM tip on a Tuesday. We were behind the goal opposite the student section, just to the right of the backboard, row G, section 113, on the aisle. Never been that close to the floor before. Great seats! The crowd was really into it when they needed to be. The pumped in music was a little bit extra sensory, but the younger folks seem to be into it.

My son about lost his mind when Zeigler crossed up the defender and hit the three. Normally, that would be plenty, but in the second half the boy ended up with the Fulky Fathead sign. Boom!

And I lucked into all of it!!!

GBO!!!

It was not close to capacity but it was a 7PM tip on a Tuesday. We were behind the goal opposite the student section, just to the right of the backboard, row G, section 113, on the aisle. Never been that close to the floor before. Great seats! The crowd was really into it when they needed to be. The pumped in music was a little bit extra sensory, but the younger folks seem to be into it.

My son about lost his mind when Zeigler crossed up the defender and hit the three. Normally, that would be plenty, but in the second half the boy ended up with the Fulky Fathead sign. Boom!

And I lucked into all of it!!!

GBO!!!

Awesome. Make those memories.

Reactions: vol66

VN Store

Back