Like it or not, Kiffin getting ready to take OM to competing…

brockytop

for SEC and CFB playoffs. He’s getting quality defensive players to join an already explosive offensive team.

My disappointment is Heupel isn’t as aggressive with the portal as are other teams. The days of building with freshmen are gone except for the 2-3 programs that can rely on loyalty from players that will wait their turn.

for SEC and CFB playoffs. He’s getting quality defensive players to join an already explosive offensive team.

My disappointment is Heupel isn’t as aggressive with the portal as are other teams. The days of building with freshmen are gone except for the 2-3 programs that can rely on loyalty from players that will wait their turn.
He’s definitely added some nice pieces and they are setting up to have a good year next year, especially against a manageable schedule.
It’s hard to compare activity in the portal because teams have different needs. Kiffin is hitting the portal heavily because his HS recruiting has been very weak. We have been more selective because our needs are different (and we’ve added some great pieces and may add a few more before all is said and done).

Some are speculating Kiffin is pushing all his chips in for one great season before bolting to bigger opening after next year and the traditional classes he is leaving behind will be less than stellar at being able to compete long term.

We picked up some great players in the portal that filled needs. And they have multiple years to play.

Some are speculating Kiffin is pushing all his chips in for one great season before bolting to bigger opening after next year and the traditional classes he is leaving behind will be less than stellar at being able to compete long term.

The Now Kiffin has learned to move with the flow of the transfer and recruiting game. There is a brilliance there. The day, the moment, he left us, we were blessed.

Say what you want about Lane Kiffin, but he has repeatedly demonstrated that he’s a $hit punk of a human being, and I feel sorry for all of the so called Vol fans who still look up to him with the anxious anticipation of a submissive whore on her knees.

I hate Kiffin with a passion but OP is right. Ole Miss might win the SEC next year. Laugh all you want but it’s possible. Muffins portal haul is absolutely insane. I have a bad feeling they are going to vault up to elite status this coming year. Hopefully I am wrong and they suck but highly doubt it.

But....but...you can't say that. By default you have to say that the best teams aren't atop the portal rankings...and that we will have to wait and see if this strategy works...

For me, he has yet to prove that he can make it to the top of the mountain. Had a decent one year here with a high recruiting class then one stellar year at USC (some might say probation is what did him in) and, now has OM contending but, seems to be one of those coaches that just can’t close.

Got beat by UCLA and one other team he should have won while here. Then, at USC during that one year he did so well, rolled snake eyes at least once.

I hate Kiffin with a passion but OP is right. Ole Miss might win the SEC next year. Laugh all you want but it’s possible. Muffins portal haul is absolutely insane. I have a bad feeling they are going to vault up to elite status this coming year. Hopefully I am wrong and they suck but highly doubt it.
He still won’t beat Saban

Next year could be big for "King Jackwagon".

Kiff has put himself in a fantastic position. His team may well win the conference, and I'll be shocked if they don't make the playoff.

The new 12 team format has hit just in time to make him look like the next big thing. He'll use a playoff birth to get back to a top tier job.

I hope Ole Miss enjoys it's moment in the sun. No matter what happens, 2024 will be their peak.

So why is this a one year push. Seems you could hit the portal hard every year you have scholarships available.
It's great to bring in a guy with two years experience..Plug, play, rinse, repeat

As for Kiffin putting all his chips in hoping to jump to a bigger program next year, well maybe. That would be a really dumb move imo. He’s got a pretty sweet job where expectations are relatively low, win 9-10 games and you’re a hero, all while making millions a year. Seems like the ideal coaching job as opposed to the Allburns, Bama, Tenn, UGA etc when you are expected to compete every year and the fan base ***** on you and tosses you to the curb if you don’t.

We picked up some great players in the portal that filled needs. And they have multiple years to play.
Kiffin to Florida in 2025, hide and watch!

I don’t think the days of building w/ freshman are gone. The guys you bring in that are freshman are the culture guys. They are the buy in guys that learn the system, that develop a bond and a chemistry over the offseasons . The portal guys can come in at a position of need and learn from the guys that are already there. Kiffin has had success in the portal, but his best player is still a guy he found as 3 star running back. Deion’s approach doesn’t seem to sustainable as he only recruited 5 high school players this cycle and the rest were portal guys. I think we’ve done a good job in our approach and how we’ve handled our plug in play guys.

Reactions: VolNExile
I don’t think the days of building w/ freshman are gone. The guys you bring in that are freshman are the culture guys. They are the buy in guys that learn the system, that develop a bond and a chemistry over the offseasons . The portal guys can come in at a position of need and learn from the guys that are already there. Kiffin has had success in the portal, but his best player is still a guy he found as 3 star running back. Deion’s approach doesn’t seem to sustainable as he only recruited 5 high school players this cycle and the rest were portal guys. I think we’ve done a good job in our approach and how we’ve handled our plug in play guys.
If you are letting true freshmen dictate the culture of your program, you're in trouble as a program! The upper classmen need to dictate the culture and pass that down to the underclassmen, and so on and so forth.

Kiffin to Florida in 2025, hide and watch!
I find this silly. Of course we’re both just idiots speculating, but I don’t feel that’s the move kiffin wants. He wants a big Jump and Florida ain’t it. If he can get ole miss into contention next year, which looks likely, he will be pushing for a big upgrade. Kiffin wants a Mi, bama, OSU, Ga type role. Though few and far he’s prob got a chance if he keeps his trajectory.

I find this silly. Of course we’re both just idiots speculating, but I don’t feel that’s the move kiffin wants. He wants a big Jump and Florida ain’t it. If he can get ole miss into contention next year, which looks likely, he will be pushing for a big upgrade. Kiffin wants a Mi, bama, OSU, Ga type role. Though few and far he’s prob got a chance if he keeps his trajectory.
You're kidding, right? Florida is one of THE most fertile recruiting states in the country! How can you say Florida wouldn't be a big jump from Ole Miss??? Florida would be a HELL of a lot easier to recruit to than Ole Miss or even Michigan.

Reactions: memtownvol
If you are letting true freshmen dictate the culture of your program, you're in trouble as a program! The upper classmen need to dictate the culture and pass that down to the underclassmen, and so on and so forth.
I’m saying you need the freshman on campus to become upperclassmen and have the culture build so that they can teach the incoming guys. You need the Mays, the Tanks, the Beasleys to show the freshman and portal guys what’s expected day in and day out. You didn’t see Thornton coming in here doing anything or have the ability to lead. You need the Tillmans and Hyatts to lead by example so that Bru can learn when he gets here and he can pass that along to the younger guys, until eventually it becomes a well oiled machine .

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back