Liberal Redneck - Talkin Bout Drugs

There are simply too many stupid people in this country to legalize hard drugs. We would spend a fortune keeping them alive and cleaning up for the consequences of their freedom. I can't see the argument for personal freedom when I will be forced to pay for the cleanup.

It doesn't take too many of these stories for me to know that drugs should never be legalized and that we can't just trust people to make wise decisions regarding potent, addictive, mind-altering chemicals. After all, decisions affect others, sometimes in a profound way.

In fact, I lean more in the direction of executing anyone caught trafficking or distributing.

Surely you're for banning alcohol too since it has caused hundreds of times more stories just as bad or worse than the ones you're posting here. Right..?

Also, let's execute liquor store owners!

Simply asking people to not be hypocritical and keeping a consistent position seems almost impossible in this issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Point remains. Perhaps the good doctor should've chosen his words better.

Good grief, I was exaggerating, give it a rest. If you regularly witnessed the sickening effects that drug abuse has on unborn children and families, you might change your tune a bit.

Here we go again, the ridiculous old "big pharma is as bad as unregulated illegal drugs" argument... Except, we don't prescribe heroin, meth, cocaine, LSD, MDMA, bath salts, etc.

Doctors don't prescribe opiates or speed?

What type of fantasy world are you living in, doc?

There are simply too many stupid people in this country to legalize hard drugs. We would spend a fortune keeping them alive and cleaning up for the consequences of their freedom. I can't see the argument for personal freedom when I will be forced to pay for the cleanup.

You already are. You think you aren't paying for their incarceration?

Doctors don't prescribe opiates or speed?

What type of fantasy world are you living in, doc?

Your type is all the same: mis-quote, twist words, and make nonsensical comparisons to argue an idiotic point.

Prescribing regulated and tested opioids for pain control after surgery or a stimulant for ADHD or narcolepsy is evidence-based medicine.

Are there bad docs out there that overuse narcotics? Of course. But, that's not the discussion.

As for fantasy-land, amongst some of the posters in the PF, I wonder if I'm the only one in reality.

Good grief, I was exaggerating, give it a rest. If you regularly witnessed the sickening effects that drug abuse has on unborn children and families, you might change your tune a bit.

I don't know about the MDs in your area...hopefully they are all responsible and ethical. In middle tn, we've got the pill pushers in white coats scripting opiates like candy. Sadly, the vulnerable know who they are. Naturally, your specialty isn't likely part of the problem.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know about the MDs in your area...hopefully they are all responsible and ethical. In middle tn, we've got the pill pushers in white coats scripting opiates like candy. Sadly, the vulnerable know who they are. Naturally, your specialty isn't likely part of the problem.

Every profession has its share of scumbags.

You already are. You think you aren't paying for their incarceration?

At least they're in jail where they can't OD, steal, mistreat their kids or make new ones. I'm sorry, there are too many people who can't handle things like adults.

Their time is coming. Insurers are cracking down on docs with abnormal opiate scrip rates. Once they get dropped from those commercial networks they'll change their methods.

Every profession has its share of scumbags.

True. And, to be clear, I want insinuating anything about you or your friends who are colleagues.

In general, America is over prescribed. But what are the portal of entry providers supposed to do when Pharma spends billions to advertise direct to the public? Telling them to ask their doctor for ______.

It's a growing problem.

Their time is coming. Insurers are cracking down on docs with abnormal opiate scrip rates. Once they get dropped from those commercial networks they'll change their methods.

I hope. Some people's lives are already ruined / over. McMom did a presentation at her hospital to educate physicians on alternatives to opiate therapy. So, attitudes are changing.

True. And, to be clear, I want insinuating anything about you or your friends who are colleagues.

In general, America is over prescribed. But what are the portal of entry providers supposed to do when Pharma spends billions to advertise direct to the public? Telling them to ask their doctor for ______.

It's a growing problem.

No offense to me; we're on the same side. I've actually reported irresponsible/unethical providers.

Your type is all the same: mis-quote, twist words, and make nonsensical comparisons to argue an idiotic point.

Prescribing regulated and tested opioids for pain control after surgery or a stimulant for ADHD or narcolepsy is evidence-based medicine.

Are there bad docs out there that overuse narcotics? Of course. But, that's not the discussion.

As for fantasy-land, amongst some of the posters in the PF, I wonder if I'm the only one in reality.

I don't think people based in reality lean toward executions of people pushing arbitrarily illegal substances.

Reactions: 5 people

You say "regulated and tested" as if that means they still aren't extremely addictive and harmful. The fantasy world you live in is one where you believe prohibition works despite all evidence pointing to its failure. We make a plant illegal. We incarcerate millions to the point where we have to let violent criminals OUT to make room for drug offenders. We have a "war" on drugs that has cost us billions. And still, after all that, we have a huge problem with drug abuse. We straight up have actual history(prohibition) proving it doesn't work, if the mountain of evidence that is blatantly apparent isn't enough.

Nothing to say about alcohol, doc? As expected. Because you can see the terrible flaw in your argument when alcohol is brought in. You think it's fine that someone can go buy an infinite amount of booze, despite the consequences of going on a bender and running over a kid. What makes alcohol special? Why is it a protected, revered drug compared to the rest when it quite obviously has deadly consequences regularly.

But all of this is pointless if you don't even believe one should have the freedom to make the choice for themselves. For all the crying and carrying on about a nanny state, when it comes to this issue, you guys are the biggest proponents.

Reactions: 4 people
At least they're in jail where they can't OD, steal, mistreat their kids or make new ones. I'm sorry, there are too many people who can't handle things like adults.

Nope.. instead they're in jail, so they can't support their families, and the only thing they can do is learn how to be a harder, meaner, real criminal that is 10x the menace to society when they get out than he/she was before they went in.

Great system.

Nope.. instead they're in jail, so they can't support their families, and the only thing they can do is learn how to be a harder, meaner, real criminal that is 10x the menace to society when they get out than he/she was before they went in.

Great system.

Welcome to the bell curve of humanity. So some will excel, most will be ok, and some will be morons. You can't fix stupid. They most likely weren't supporting their family or doing anything constructive anyways. Jail should be a deterrent. It should be a wakeup call. Wow this place sucks I never want to do something to wind up here again. But for some people it clearly isn't working.

I hope. Some people's lives are already ruined / over. McMom did a presentation at her hospital to educate physicians on alternatives to opiate therapy. So, attitudes are changing.

In TN there are 143 opiate scrips for every 100 citizens. We do luv our hillbilly heroin.

VN Store

Back