Levy UT Visit Weekend

Spook1

Ancient Vol
Did Levy actually make the visit to Tennessee over the weekend? What are the results of the visit? Did she visit Vanderbilt after the Tennessee visit? Coach Jolly was in Chattanooga yesterday. There are some excellent potential players there. She probably had contact with them while there.

Did Levy actually make the visit to Tennessee over the weekend? What are the results of the visit? Did she visit Vanderbilt after the Tennessee visit? Coach Jolly was in Chattanooga yesterday. There are some excellent potential players there. She probably had contact with them while there.
She visited Tennessee but I don't think she will be a Lady Vol looking like she will be a commodore. I think the competition she was facing at Tennessee may not be ideal for her and at Vandy probably a starter.

Reactions: PRG
She visited Tennessee but I don't think she will be a Lady Vol looking like she will be a commodore. I think the competition she was facing at Tennessee may not be ideal for her and at Vandy probably a starter.

Agree.... After sitting for 2019-20,,,, available as a Sophomore for years 2020-21!

Behind Sophomore Jordon Horston #2 rated guard and Jessie Renne a three star Aussy.
Plus Juniors: #12 rated Zaay Green and #25 Jaz Massengill.

She would be battling three higher rated players for the next two/three years! Plus if we sign another highly rated guard for 2020 ?
Van Lith or Andrews ...... I don’t see her coming? JMO

Agree.... After sitting for 2019-20,,,, available as a Sophomore for years 2020-21!

Behind Sophomore Jordon Horston #2 rated guard and Jessie Renne a three star Aussy.
Plus Juniors: #12 rated Zaay Green and #25 Jaz Massengill.

She would be battling three higher rated players for the next two/three years! Plus if we sign another highly rated guard for 2020 ?
Van Lith or Andrews ...... I don’t see her coming? JMO
I dunno...I liked Levy's quickness and defense, which are two things that the higher rated Massengill was weak at. Despite being ranked lower, I think Akira had a better freshman year. The issue with Massengill at the moment is that she doesn't add a different dimension to the starting PG. When Evina was there, she was a lesser version of Westbrook. It's not like when Tennessee had Hayes, who could change the style of the offense with her speed, even if she couldn't shoot. If Horston starts, then there will be a drop off when Massengill replaces her because she'll likely have the same problem she did when Evina was ahead of her. Horston and Levy would contrast each other at PG, and would make a good rotation. I'm hoping that Tennessee is still in the mix, because she would be a very good addition IMO.

Reactions: lvocd
I dunno...I liked Levy's quickness and defense, which are two things that the higher rated Massengill was weak at. Despite being ranked lower, I think Akira had a better freshman year. The issue with Massengill at the moment is that she doesn't add a different dimension to the starting PG. When Evina was there, she was a lesser version of Westbrook. It's not like when Tennessee had Hayes, who could change the style of the offense with her speed, even if she couldn't shoot. If Horston starts, then there will be a drop off when Massengill replaces her because she'll likely have the same problem she did when Evina was ahead of her. Horston and Levy would contrast each other at PG, and would make a good rotation. I'm hoping that Tennessee is still in the mix, because she would be a very good addition IMO.
I agree with Massengil assessment, but we are now working with a different coach.. hopefully a coach who utilizes her players full potential, so we may see a much more aggressive Massengil cus players tend to play the way their coach coaches.. I’ll give her a chance until proven otherwise!!!

Reactions: Xraygurl and lvocd
I agree with Massengil assessment, but we are now working with a different coach.. hopefully a coach who utilizes her players full potential, so we may see a much more aggressive Massengil cus players tend to play the way their coach coaches. I’ll give her a chance until proven otherwise!!!

Great point, and I agree. That's what makes this upcoming season so much more exciting than any in nearly a decade. The leaf has been turned over, and now we get to see what was hiding underneath all along.

Agree with Levy’s ability to penetrate but that’s her game .... and her only game.... Jaz is a get the ball (pass first ) to the right person . Defensively Levy is quicker but will get taken advantage off down low...

I suggest a different comparison: Levy had a good coach last year and Jaz will have a good one this year! Then we can compare.... maybe when we play Vandy in two years we can compare them again? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Xraygurl and sisaq
Agree with Levy’s ability to penetrate but that’s her game .... and her only game.... Jaz is a get the ball (pass first ) to the right person . Defensively Levy is quicker but will get taken advantage off down low...

I suggest a different comparison: Levy had a good coach last year and Jaz will have a good one this year! Then we can compare.... maybe when we play Vandy in two years we can compare them again? 🤷‍♂️

Great Talk!

If Levy wants to play "fast" per her quote I doubt if Vandy's style would be called fast.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Levy announced on twitter that she is transferring to Vanderbilt.

While they did beat us last year did I miss something ? They push the ball? I’m not hating because the young lady has mad talent and is a competitor but something told me when she got into it with multiple LVs last year during their games this wasn’t going to be a match 😂

Good luck to Levy. I hope Kellie is looking for players who can both drive AND shoot from the perimeter.

While they did beat us last year did I miss something ? They push the ball? I’m not hating because the young lady has mad talent and is a competitor but something told me when she got into it with multiple LVs last year during their games this wasn’t going to be a match 😂

Good post, VAVOL.
I could be way off, and I certainly don’t want to offend the player (what I’ve read and seen on video is impressive). And, the fact that Coach Harper phoned her speaks volumes.
Her stats, though mediocre, would likely have improved. But there was the injury, then surgery. What I’m getting at is, I think Coach Harper is looking at the possibility, or even probability, of signing a better (and injury-free) prospect in the 2021 class. That, and, perhaps she sees much more “potential” with the players on campus than the many doubters.
There’s a lot of talent on this team!
Also, I think we will be pleasantly surprised with the near-future signings. Cheers.

VN Store

Back