Level of confidence

Nocleats

What is your level of confidence now that it’s June, that Cade Mays gets cleared, and that Banks is reinstated? Compared to your thoughts in early March.

Mays depends on the NCAA. They are so ridiculously arbitrary and inconsistent... I can only have hope... not confidence.

I am fairly confident Banks will be with the Vols in August.

source.gif

I think the NCAA is either going to take all transfers that applied before the shutdown or decide to not allow any. They make decisions late in order to avoid lawsuits i feel and I can only imagine what the court systems look like these days. It looks like Universities and High Schools are dropping many of the grade and test score requirements this year, could be a sign that they will make a mass decision on everyone rather than how they've worked in years past. The NCAA is not a good or fair group that's for sure, they are also severely understaffed for how many student athletes they have to review each year. I think he'll get granted the waiver but that's pure speculation on my part. If we have room for him I think Banks will be back. We need him for depth at possibly 2 positions + special teams.

I think the NCAA is either going to take all transfers that applied before the shutdown or decide to not allow any. They make decisions late in order to avoid lawsuits i feel and I can only imagine what the court systems look like these days. It looks like Universities and High Schools are dropping many of the grade and test score requirements this year, could be a sign that they will make a mass decision on everyone rather than how they've worked in years past. The NCAA is not a good or fair group that's for sure, they are also severely understaffed for how many student athletes they have to review each year. I think he'll get granted the waiver but that's pure speculation on my part. If we have room for him I think Banks will be back. We need him for depth at possibly 2 positions + special teams.
I personally think that all transfers will be handled with care towards the player where at all possible. NCAA doesn't need any bad press, when there's so much uncertainty around the season. Let kids play where they want to play...within reason. They may actually do as you mention and have blanket approvals, since, like everyone else, NCAA probably has furloughs and half staffs, operating at fraction of normal.

The NCAA needs to go or at least be restructured they are the new Mafia and out of tune with sports. If a kid wants to transfer then let them who cares. As long as the new coach wants them then it's all good imo. They have way too many rules for nothing. Vast majority of these kids are wanting to get into the NFL. Yes school is important but honestly a 4 year degree isn't that great

Doubt the NCAA will do us any favors and considering the current state of affairs I’m not too confident Banks gets another chance.

Reactions: Catbone

VN Store

Back